Sponsored

I was gonna mod the new car, but changed my mind.

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 cobra, 2000 Sonoma LSx, 2021 velocity blue gt
So after I ordered the car in July, I was planning on mod list. Roush blower, wheels, exhaust, etc. I get the car and start driving it and all that goes out the window. The active exhaust sounds way better in the car than I anticipated. Since I’m not doing a blower, wheels and tires aren’t a necessity anymore. Probably just gonna do tint for now. It’s weird, never owned a stock car or a car with a warranty and figured maybe I should see what that is like. Lol
I’ll do wheels at some point, wear the stock tires down first.
anybody else decide to keep theirs stock?
Sponsored

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
I changed my air filter, added a catch can, and removed the resonator. I don't plan to change anything else. It's perfect as is.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
So after I ordered the car in July, I was planning on mod list. Roush blower, wheels, exhaust, etc. I get the car and start driving it and all that goes out the window. The active exhaust sounds way better in the car than I anticipated. Since I’m not doing a blower, wheels and tires aren’t a necessity anymore. Probably just gonna do tint for now. It’s weird, never owned a stock car or a car with a warranty and figured maybe I should see what that is like. Lol
I’m planning to stay with stock. I’m happy and satisfied with a premium GT/CS. Only changes will be the gorilla lugs and maybe the shifter knob 😃
Maybe wheels update down the road. Not planning any engine suspension or exhaust mods.
We have the 68 restoration in the works so that will be heavily modded from stock.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I buy the car the way I want it and keep it that way. It's better for resale value and retains the warranty. I gave some thought to adding a supercharger once the warranty was up, but decided against it. I'd sooner put the mod money toward another car.

Around here, more horsepower is a waste of time. In two years, I have never had the chance to accelerate hard for more than about 4 seconds.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Around here, more horsepower is a waste of time. In two years, I have never had the chance to accelerate hard for more than about 4 seconds.
I'm in the Cleveland area and I have the same problem. That's why I just did a stage 2 power pack, headers and ford racing sport mufflers. It sounds good and loud enough to piss off the occasional tree hugger in their prius when ever I want.

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Ill agree with the few previous post in that these cars are pretty stout stock. Plenty of fun as is. I dd a lifted truck on 35s. The mustang feels like a rocket on rails in comparison.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I bought the best handling Factory Set up I could so I'd not have to touch it. Maybe if I was to track the car alot it be different, but the limiting factors are not the car, The road surface and the traffic and the risk of fines limits what can be done, before I get near the limits of the car.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I bought the best handling Factory Set up I could so I'd not have to touch it. Maybe if I was to track the car alot it be different, but the limiting factors are not the car, The road surface and the traffic and the risk of fines limits what can be done, before I get near the limits of the car.
Me too. I intentionally looked for one with 18" wheels because they take less damage than 19" and 20" wheels around here. Plus it isn't just the traffic, it's that the traffic is 85% SUVs and giant 4 door pickup trucks, so your visibility is very restricted.

Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
The only mods I have done are tint, jacking rails, catch can, resonator delete/h-pipe, and shift knob. Being a PP2, I also swapped the SC2’s for a little more street friendly rubber. I have no problem with the M6. I actually bought the softer Steeda clutch spring and perch, but never installed it. I’ve gotten used to the clutch feel at this point. Currently no plans for anything else. A lot of people don’t believe I have stock wheels and exhaust.

9DA129A4-D3B3-4EAA-ABE6-8D159ECA6C0C.png

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I kept mine stock for power but my non PP car came with 18x8 wheels with 235/50r18 tires, so upgrading wheels and tires was a necessity. Also upgraded the exhaust (mine didn't come with active), lowered it, and have done some cosmetic mods.

GetSum2112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT - TO, AE, BO, 10 SP & 301A
Agree with SOMD. reliability, warranty, collectability and resale. Active exhaust sounds great, and plenty loud when I want it. Already a fun, fast car.
Sponsored