Sponsored

I wanted a heritage edition until I saw this. Now I can't unsee it.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
That font doesn’t work with the lines if the car at all

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Someone in the market for a HEP/R should play this video for the SM at the dealership and see if they can be shamed into $2k under MSRP.

Last edited:

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
History repeating itself...

Interesting that 5S003, the original street prototype and very first GT350 built, also had a fender emblem in addition to the rocker stripe, it that case the fonts matched. Part of the original graphics designed by Pete Brock. It was never used on any other prototype or production car, most likely because they thought it looked goofy.

5S003emblem2.jpg

5S003emblem.jpg

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Well, it is the "Heritage" edition. What else could they do? I mean wimbleton white, guardsman blue can only go so far/
Yeah I feel like this is where Ford kinda screwed themselves or at least no matter what they do they won't please everyone. I think if they altered the font on the side stripes or changed the GT350 badge while calling it a Heritage Edition, I some would be upset still and it definitely would drive up the cost to manufacture the extra pieces causing people to bitch about how its not affordable. Nostalgia is really weird and everyone has their view of it.

Probably wouldn't be able to get even the GT350 HEPs at MSRP if they made the changes everyone wants lol

Its just hard because the design has changed over the years. I agree with what the others have said bout the rocker stripes, they look weird and wonky compared to the classic cars because the body was one piece. Its clear that the rocker stripes were not originally intended for the S550 Mustang. Thankfully the racing stripes still look good on cars now.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RetiredFireCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition Package #L0350
One of my GT350's was put on wonky.....the radius of the wheelwell and stripe aren't the best match.....would have been better to do it like the 65 and wrap it into the wheelwell.....

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
This was brought to my attention listening to Matt Farah's The Smoking Tire podcast today and it's ruined the heritage edition for me.

First, I totally understand the point of the GT350 Heritage Edition. I honestly wish this is what they had built with the limited run of 50th anniversary 2015 cars, but alas we're not celebrating the 55th anniversary I suppose. I love the Wimbeldon White paint with the Guards Blue stripes and the heritage feel of that color combination.

However, I not can't unsee the following. In Ford's infinite wisdom they chose to not only exactly copy the color of the original GT350 package, but also elected to retain the font used on the decals from 1965. This might be forgivable, but the original 1965 GT350's didn't also have a fender badge 12" away saying the exact same thing in a separate font.

50680047561_3de8985980_o.jpg

This is why I've never liked the aftermarket lower stripes I see people put on their cars as the duplicate badging in separate fonts looks terrible, it just hadn't dawned on me until today that Ford did this straight from the factory. They should have either replaced the fender badge with the GT500 snake emblem or updated and modernized the stripe font to match the existing badge font.

For those interested in Matt's take (and his complete and utter praise of the GT350R as a vehicle outside of this one decision) the audio/video starts here at 21:23 and runs until 28 minutes in.

That’s a real first world problem you’ve got there.

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
History repeating itself...

Interesting that 5S003, the original street prototype and very first GT350 built, also had a fender emblem in addition to the rocker stripe, it that case the fonts matched. Part of the original graphics designed by Pete Brock. It was never used on any other prototype or production car, most likely because they thought it looked goofy.

5S003emblem2.jpg

5S003emblem.jpg
The first picture has some pretty basic steel wheels on the car. I am glad they upgraded them for the second picture... :sunglasses:

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
When I got my car I felt the side was too plain, so I started researching side stickers. A LOT. There are at least 4 problems with side stripes, particularly this one:
1. Obviously, the GT350 emblem would need to be changed to avoid being redundant.
2. The fender vent comes too close to the decal and makes it crowded there.
3. The modern fender has a much smaller and less flat surface area behind the rear wheel than in 1965, making the GT350 lettering appear crowded.
4. The door to rear quarter body lines don't align well, and frankly none of them do, which to me makes the Heritage strip appear chopped up. Maybe that can be alleviated by wrapping the blue stipe around the body seams, I dunno.
5. The only side strip that looks good IMO is the modern Shelby strip. See pic. And note that they don't even attempt to stripe onto the rear quarter or write on the front fender. This is the stripe I would consider.

1965 strip.PNG

(I would do this but without the "Super Snake" on the front fender)
2018_super_snake-01.jpg

As an alternative, a friend of mine created this one which is really nice. Note that he used FORD in the matching GT350 double line Shelby font.

IMG_7538.jpg

CD3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clancy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, 2017 Tundra Pro
WW with no stripes would be clean looking.
I have a 19 stripe delete car. I have designed a rocker panel stripe with the GT 350 on the rear section because of this reason.
Totally agree
Sponsored