Sponsored

I wanted a heritage edition until I saw this. Now I can't unsee it.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I think the S550 easily has the sharpest curves of any year Mustang and that makes it easy to keep it clean, simple, and stripeless. It also makes the car appear wider from the front or back, dunno if that's a good or bad thing. Regardless, it does look better in certain hues and I think white is one of them.

IMG_6639-X3.jpg
That’s just damn sexy right there!
Sponsored

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
IMO this car without stripes is not the same looking. Especially white cars, it's rather looking "naked" without racing stripes.
I actually like the unassuming look, as I don't need the stripes to say look at me I have a shelby. I specifically bought mine with no stripes with the premise I could always install them if I changed my mind. I feel the obvious differences of the front facia, hood vent, fender vents, 350 badging and of course the sound will be a sure giveaway. I also didn't like the Swing spoiler and replaced the rear deck lid/spoiler with another factory white no spoiler deck lid....as I don't plan on tracking mine, but the deck lids are easily reversed if needed.

I do agree with OP about the lower GT350 stripes and the fender badging, although I didn't give it a second thought before his post....:shock:

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I actually like the unassuming look, as I don't need the stripes to say look at me I have a shelby. I specifically bought mine with no stripes with the premise I could always install them if I changed my mind. I feel the obvious differences of the front facia, hood vent, fender vents, 350 badging and of course the sound will be a sure giveaway. I also didn't like the Swing spoiler and replaced the rear deck lid/spoiler with another factory white no spoiler deck lid....as I don't plan on tracking mine, but the deck lids are easily reversed if needed.

I do agree with OP about the lower GT350 stripes and the fender badging, although I didn't give it a second thought before his post....:shock:
And of course, we all have a different taste for the different things.:like:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
LRG_DSC03852.jpeg

White is Ok looking, I guess. ;) #nostripes (since that's what this thread is about now!) :) :)

To each his own - that's the great thing about cars.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I think the S550 easily has the sharpest curves of any year Mustang and that makes it easy to keep it clean, simple, and stripeless. It also makes the car appear wider from the front or back, dunno if that's a good or bad thing. Regardless, it does look better in certain hues and I think white is one of them.

IMG_6639-X3.jpg
That's a hell of a photo. I also just happen to agree with the no-stripes look being right for the S550.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
To further any mention of white on this car I have to be honest - it's really difficult to capture the car in direct sunlight when other colors look fantastic under the same conditions. White gets blown out and you have to make all sorts of camera adjustments in order to tone down a bit. Best time of day is the golden hour, just before sunset (true for most cars). When you start to see shadows as the sun is almost down it is the perfect time. Another big help - a black roof. I never wanted one but figured I'd option this car that way just to mix it up and I'm glad it did. It makes you think the car is lower than it actually is and I think it blends perfectly with the black trim accents on the car.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
That’s just damn sexy right there!
The 500 is a great looking car, no doubt, but it's completely different than the 350. The 500 seems to have piggy backed Chevy with their "sharp" edges. I personally am a Challenger guy more than a Camaro guy. I like nostalgia over futuristic.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, I had a GT350 and I loved everything about it. I just wanted more torque. I did everything to mine and really enjoyed it while I had it. If it weren't for the GT350 there likely would not have been a GT500. I like them all.

zzz20img_4396-edit-jpg.jpg

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hey, I had a GT350 and I loved everything about it. I just wanted more torque. I did everything to mine and really enjoyed it while I had it. If it weren't for the GT350 there likely would not have been a GT500. I like them all.

zzz20img_4396-edit-jpg.jpg
What tires did you have on it?

Sponsored

PRTK350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350

IMG_6639-X3.jpg
This is one of THE best photographs of the S550 I’ve seen yet. It’s beautiful!
Although I have stripes on my white 350, I completely agree with the clean, stripeless look on your 500.
The edgier, more aggressive bumper and the larger hood vents on the 500 perfectly break up the monotony of a plain white car.
Overall, combined with the white trim on those Recaros - gorgeous :thumbsup:

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Really digging the red!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What tires did you have on it?
Continental Extremes.

Really digging the red!
I was at the SVT Powertrain Reveal for the automotive press in 2015. I'll never forget when Jamal Hameedi came ripping through the Building 57 parking lot, stopping in front of all of us, got out and started to speak about the FPC engine which lay in pieces on tables before us. The car was Race Red and I knew at that moment I had to have one too. And that's exactly what I got.

__%20GT350%20wing-X2.jpg

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I believe there are locating pins behind the factory badge, otherwise I totally agree.
Nailed it ............... Ask how I know.

CD3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clancy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, 2017 Tundra Pro
This was brought to my attention listening to Matt Farah's The Smoking Tire podcast today and it's ruined the heritage edition for me.

First, I totally understand the point of the GT350 Heritage Edition. I honestly wish this is what they had built with the limited run of 50th anniversary 2015 cars, but alas we're not celebrating the 55th anniversary I suppose. I love the Wimbeldon White paint with the Guards Blue stripes and the heritage feel of that color combination.

However, I not can't unsee the following. In Ford's infinite wisdom they chose to not only exactly copy the color of the original GT350 package, but also elected to retain the font used on the decals from 1965. This might be forgivable, but the original 1965 GT350's didn't also have a fender badge 12" away saying the exact same thing in a separate font.

50680047561_3de8985980_o.jpg

This is why I've never liked the aftermarket lower stripes I see people put on their cars as the duplicate badging in separate fonts looks terrible, it just hadn't dawned on me until today that Ford did this straight from the factory. They should have either replaced the fender badge with the GT500 snake emblem or updated and modernized the stripe font to match the existing badge font.

For those interested in Matt's take (and his complete and utter praise of the GT350R as a vehicle outside of this one decision) the audio/video starts here at 21:23 and runs until 28 minutes in.

I totally agree that’s why I designed this rocker panel stripe with the GT 350 logo on the rear quarter. Also made it bolder by trimming it on black pinstripes. I love Richard Petty blue hence the color. My car is a stripe delete car so thought it needed the stripes

700E2C32-87F2-4A92-B51A-C066C01C8875.jpeg

EDA25953-07BD-4C91-8182-59DAB4CBFB2B.jpeg

2D050EC0-4EDE-4ABD-AF70-05C2C205A2DA.jpeg
Sponsored