Sponsored

I want to know what your zero compromise exhaust system would look like.

Braydon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Braydon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP
Currently in the R+D step of professionally fabricated exhaust components for the s550 GT platform. Every part handmade by one person. I want to know what you want? Options I'm guessing? Do you want to avoid taking brand new parts to an exhaust shop or a welder buddy to modify your new part? A fully sanitary/back-purged tig welded h-pipe that slips and clamps into place? (perfectly, with zero varience to the next one built) With options of 2.5" 3"? Maybe you don't want the 2.25" neck down for the factory slip connectors? A clamp on axle back system with muffler options, and single/dual tip? Stainless tips? Titanium tips? A full 3 inch "catback" exhaust system? X pipe or h pipe options? Mid section resonated? Something properly engineered for the guys with catless long tubes. Something you don't hate driving because it's too loud. I know I hate cars that are too loud. I also dont like seeing 304 stainless material not staying stainless because of the weld process. There's some big companies charging lots of money for their product. And I don't think they are bad options. But they can't fill fully custom orders for the most part and the craftsmanship a one man show can pull off. Would you like a website with options menu that perfectly calculates the cost of the product? And images to show what you are getting? Let me know what you think. Any input would be greatly appreciated! This is a passion of mine and would help keep my sanity as i could step back a bit from being a journeyman automotive tech and small shop operator. I own an s550 mustang and love the car but I dont care for the exhaust options on the market and the sound they deliver.
Sponsored

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I would get a Borla/FP system. Don’t waste a ton of money on an exhaust.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
full 3" H piped with 20" bottle resonators on the H pipe, back to variable mufflers for quiet cold starts. I basically have this setup with cat deletes and varex variable mufflers, its awesome.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
full 3" H piped with 20" bottle resonators on the H pipe, back to variable mufflers for quiet cold starts. I basically have this setup with cat deletes and varex variable mufflers, its awesome.
and no sound file? or image? COme on, don't tease us!

as to OP since the exhaust can't be seen, any of the mass-produced fits the bill. I have Steeda H-pipe+Borla/FP street and aside from wrapping it in heat tape near the diff, is all that could ask for.

On motorcycles where you can actually see the product is where we get all excited over Ti or meticulous welding that can cost 1000-2000. Cars, who cares.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
and no sound file? or image? COme on, don't tease us!
Not the best video quality , kind of hard to portray sound with phone video but it sounds insane in real life its probably one of the loudest cars ive heard with the valves open. One thing though, dont go full throttle with the valves closed, way too much backpressure.

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
I want a resonated X or H pipe similar to the GT350 OEM reonator to replace the S550 GT resonator....I love the sound of my AE, but I just want a little bit more volume without the hollow/tinny sound from a resonator delete, and I still want the crossover/chopper sound that my exhaust setup makes

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Borla/FP catback is perfect. Great deep aggressive sound when you want it, no drone, perfect fitment, great material, FP embossed mufflers, Ford embossed tips. Great catback while keeping it Ford.
Sponsored