Sponsored

I want to dump my Pilot Sport 4s summer tires

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
I want to be able to drive my car in the cold! I want to dump my Pilot Sport 4s summer tires for something I can run all year (too bad they have less than 300 miles on them). i will never drive this car in ice or snow, but cold and rain will happen. I need the best or close to best all season performance tire I can find (supercharger coming later) I am looking at the Pilot Sport A/S 3+. I assume I do NOT want the run flat version as I imagine that compromises even more performance. What are your favorite choices for all season performance tires.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Conti DWS06 or the Michelin you've mentioned. I don't like giving up on the summer performance - get a second set of wheels and put all seasons on it for the colder months.

OP
OP

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Conti DWS06 or the Michelin you've mentioned. I don't like giving up on the summer performance - get a second set of wheels and put all seasons on it for the colder months.
I like the idea of a 2nd set but would never put them on and don't want to store them. This is just a fun street toy so it is not too critical....

xXoVrKiLLXx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TLo
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
AS3+ is a great tire. Had them on my old BT FoST and old 13 STi Sedan. Great tires, good mileage, quite, and handled great for me in both FWD and AWD platforms.

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
I am running AS3+ZP's as winter tires. We do not get much snow here, but they have been great in the rain and cold. I can't offer any comparison between them and the non-run flats, but I have driven them hard on Tail of the Dragon and I'm impressed with their cornering ability.

They do ride harsher that the the PS4S. I suspect that is more due to the run flat nature than to the tire design, though.

Sponsored

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
I want to be able to drive my car in the cold! I want to dump my Pilot Sport 4s summer tires for something I can run all year (too bad they have less than 300 miles on them). i will never drive this car in ice or snow, but cold and rain will happen. I need the best or close to best all season performance tire I can find (supercharger coming later) I am looking at the Pilot Sport A/S 3+. I assume I do NOT want the run flat version as I imagine that compromises even more performance. What are your favorite choices for all season performance tires.
Either the Continental DWS06 that KZ recommended or the Michelin that you are looking at would be solid choices to achieve your goal.

Regarding the Run-flats- Tires by nature are a product of compromise, there will always be a give and take. The benefit of having a Run-flat tire is being able to drive on it with zero pressure, but in order to have that functionality the manufacturers have to reinforce the sidewalls so much it causes a rougher ride. Although both Michelin and Continental have technologies that combat that, its the compromise made when being able to drive with no air in the tire. Much like the other compromises made when selecting a tire. That's why we always recommend figuring out your intended use of the tire is, along with your driving conditions, then matching the tire to your usage.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a set of brand spanking new (never mounted) 19x8.5" wheels with likewise new PS A/S 3+ tires looking for a new home. Not runflats.

OP
OP

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a set of brand spanking new (never mounted) 19x8.5" wheels with likewise new PS A/S 3+ tires looking for a new home. Not runflats.
Oh that sounds great, but I have the staggered wheels and I can't store a second set.....
Sponsored