Sponsored

I want more torque starting from 2000 RPM (want it to feel like 4k) what're my options?

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
A PD supercharger like VMP, Edelbrock, or Whipple will solve your lack of torque problems.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
More part throttle response. I don't gun it at 2k RPM....I like it to feel more lively when going up and down hills without having to downshift to 3rd when it's spinning too high for my liking, and to lightly pass.

I am not flooring it at 2000 rpm I want to roll on the throttle and quietly pass without having to shift down to a lower gear up inclines and whatnot. I know the engine is not an LS but it would be nice if it had some more meat down low.

And from dyno graphs I can see, some mods do add some more get up and go on the low end which would help with that.
E85 tune will help with that. Don't focus so much on dyno gains. The additional response E85 tune can give will probably satisfy you more than LTH. More "lively" response - E85 tune will do just that.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I've been waiting for this moment.

You want a torquier engine for around town? Get an Ecoboost.
no one said Camaro yet either, lol!

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
and quietly pass without having to shift down to a lower gear up inclines and whatnot.
Yeah ummm don't know what to tell ya. Your not gonna get 'passing power' in 4th @ 2000 rpm. Period. Just like the Laferrari isn't going to have passing power in 4th at 2000 rpm. Or with a 8L diesel in 4th at 2000 rpm. Adjust your driving habits.

Sponsored

01Romanss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible 6 Speed PP1
Completely stock '16 GT PP 3.73. I don't want to go with any shorter gears as they're short enough already!!!!

Anyways, one of my biggest gripes is around 2000 RPM around town in 4th gear i want some more go when I ascend slight grades without downshifting. I know this isn't an LS or a Hemi but some better throttle response and some more torque around there would be helpful.

I know there's the Power Pack 2 from Ford Racing. But is a canned tune the best way to go? I want to maintain some reliability too. I see some decent-looking gains with LTH and would ideally like to keep my cats. Would LTH give me that boost? Would I have to do the full exhaust?

Any other recommendations without boost?
I've got a LUND tune for Flex and E85, along with 4.09 gears. It is quite satisfying with the E85 advanced timing of 30 degrees and the gears. I've got great throttle response and I'm in my power band quicker.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
An E85 tune really is the ticket, along with adjusting driving habits.

I wish I had done the flex tune sooner than I did. The difference almost startling, and the engine just flat out runs so much better and smoother all around than it did with the OEM calibration.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT

I wish I had done the flex tune sooner than I did. The difference almost startling, and the engine just flat out runs so much better and smoother all around than it did with the OEM calibration.
Whose tune are you using might I ask?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Yup flex/ e85r tunes are night and day different from stock. Completely different car.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yup flex/ e85r tunes are night and day different from stock. Completely different car.
And what if there's no access for some to pump E85? Cause the OP said 'no e85 around here'.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
And what if there's no access for some to pump E85? Cause the OP said 'no e85 around here'.
Yup that is unfortunate but you are correct he did end up stating that. He also mentioned not wanting to go this route but I can't help but think the 4.09s would help his cause. Or simply downshift to pass and let her rev.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
but I can't help but think the 4.09s would help his cause
Well he's already running 3.73 in his 16 PP. I think 4.09's would be overkill, no? It's much easier to downshift and go.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yeah, I don't think I'd want anything steeper than 3.73s in a '15-'17....

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I've been waiting for this moment.

You want a torquier engine for around town? Get an Ecoboost.
Camaro SS* :giggle:

Outside of a tune it really is getting used to downshifting. It took me a while to get used to downshifting into 2nd even at 45 mph. Eh, actually... I'm still getting used to it.
Sponsored