Sponsored

I wanna get pro tuned by PD. What's y'alls experience with them?

TaysonGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Are they reliable? Anybody experience ecoboom running their tune?
Sponsored

MattSin97

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I haven't made my appointment with PD Tuning, yet. But from what I hear they are really the "go to" right now.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Ryan does a good job. I have a 91 engine map and were working on my e30. The engine runs smoother with his mapping and, of course, it makes more power. My 91 tune is very conservative. The e30 is more frisky.

OP
OP

TaysonGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Ryan does a good job. I have a 91 engine map and were working on my e30. The engine runs smoother with his mapping and, of course, it makes more power. My 91 tune is very conservative. The e30 is more frisky.
What mods are you running and how much power are you pushing? I also want to get a conservative 91 tune. I just have a CAI and Intercooler and will be getting tuned once I get my GoFastBits DV+ on the car.

77Highboy77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Ryan was great to work with through the tuning process for my car. I was previously tuned by Tune+ and had nothing but issues with the tuning process (Adam couldn't get the tune dialed in, blamed it on Cobb firmware and wanted to charge me for the time for him to get it figured out with Cobb). My current PD tune is working great, the car has plenty of power (never dyno'd), great drivability, and still gets good fuel mileage. Ryan was also always very quick to get the tune revisions back to me after data logging.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Back when I was trying for a tune, Adam was nothing but a headache. I also bought 600 plus in parts off him and didnt come with some hardware basically told me pound sand. Cpe fixed the issue

but Adam is a miserable person, has no people skills, downright rude if it isn’t easy for him or didn’t go as planned.

ryan though was always polite at each discussion

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
What mods are you running and how much power are you pushing? I also want to get a conservative 91 tune. I just have a CAI and Intercooler and will be getting tuned once I get my GoFastBits DV+ on the car.
Engine mods are:

K&N filter in stock airbox
AirRaid intake tube
CVF street intercooler
CVF hot & cold charge pipes
Turbosmart race port BOV
Turbosmart wastegate actuator (14#)
1 step colder Ruthenium plugs (going to try Iridiums)
CVF catted downpipe
Stock active exhaust for street & Tomei Ti exhaust for competition.
Stock HPP turbo
160 deg thermostat
Catch can

My 91 tune is basically stock boost levels (22 psi) with better fuel mapping (which is atrocious stock) and the spark curve cleaned up. Ryan estimates ~320-330 HP. It's fun to drive, gets good mileage and everything is *safe*. Honestly, this should be what Ford sells.

We're just starting the e30 mapping. So far it's a little more powerful than 91, but there's a lot of potential left. I'm having a little problem with a misfire pop or 2 while WOT, so I'm going to change to Iridium plugs to see if that cleans it up. Ryan said he has had mixed results with the ones I'm running.

My e30 goal is ~350-375 HP and then the next goal is to add meth to the e30 to see if I can get to 400 on the stock turbo. That should be enough to blow a hole in the block!

photonarbiter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium (AT)
I had a great experience using Tune+ last year, and I had plenty of annoying questions to ask. My car just crossed over 80K miles and I had it tuned around 65k. It's been excellent and completely transformed my car.
Sponsored