Sponsored

I think the mach 1 is better than the Shelby because

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
As much crap as the Mustang II gets (and rightfully so IMO) it likely saved the Mustang from being wiped out like so many muscle/pony cars were during that time. It’s still fugly though 🤭
It looks like a Pinto in drag.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Will there be a manual transmission GT500 convertible in 2024?

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone who's replied in this thread is wrong! By far the best mustang every produced was the Mustang II from 74 to 78. I mean just look at this thing, what a beauty. Ford needs to make a current version of this beast. :cwl:
MII.jpg

I think there is one, but it's electric ...........has a Mustang badge LMAO.....

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Everyone who's replied in this thread is wrong! By far the best mustang every produced was the Mustang II from 74 to 78. I mean just look at this thing, what a beauty. Ford needs to make a current version of this beast. :cwl:
MII.jpg
That car is a glorious looking pussy chariot. Just look at how the narrow, rear, 14" wheels are way inboard, which aids in decreasing track width and reducing excess performance potential. This helps to promote sway, often along with buttery soft bushing durometers and tiny/non-existent sway bars, and women in the 70's (which men weren't allowed to be back then as much as some acted like it) loved a mushy suspension. So much so, we got to witness it first hand on TV each week.

Hot, simple-minded sexpots would pull over anytime/anywhere and exit said fur wagon (you needed a machete back then as overgrown shrubbery was in vogue) and either tackle you in a footchase (YES!), or shoot at you with some carnival won prop revolver replete with the same ricochet sound being repeated every fifth shot or so.

tumblr_mdo8v0TffW1r78dpqo8_640.jpg

These were professional marksmen disguised as future appreciative housewives that showcased the Mustang mission statement on behalf of Ford. That being, that we CAN polish a turd and make it sexy and desirable on our way to achieving a utopian-esque level of mediocrity and abject failure.

tumblr_mdo8v0TffW1r78dpqo2_1280.jpg

Septic tank hued paint and interior colors helped to calm the aging hippie generation and served to inspire glum on the part of the next generation of car buyers. Legislators worked hard to lower engine power levels and speed limits and it taught us that we could be just as sad and unhappy as Europe was, post WWII. Everybody wanted to be a part of it and as a result, Mustang II sales were off the charts. The two OPEC inspired gas shortages coincided well with the car's introduction and exit. Everything just kind of fell together.

God I miss the 70's.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

Sponsored

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
1. The engine has more torque. I look for all my sports cars to be great below 5k rpm. That's where it's fun.

2. It's newer and has a warranty

3. Guys I need help with this list
What do you expect from a high revving flat plane crank engine? It's not meant to be a low end torque monster.

If that's the case my 03 cobra is better than my 2019 350 because it's making 600+rwtq at 3,000 rpms....

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
This thread reminded of one of exes. She needed false validation due to her insecurities. She was attractive, no doubt, but if she knew another chick was also attractive or more attractive, she would get all weird.

Hmm, I haven't spoken to her in a while.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I will say... Darkhorse makes the M1 look like a 2010 3V.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I will say... Darkhorse makes the M1 look like a 2010 3V.
To each their own I guess. Was looking forward to the reveal but after seeing the DH, I’ll be keeping the Mach.
Sponsored