I think the mach 1 is better than the Shelby because

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
To each their own I guess. Was looking forward to the reveal but after seeing the DH, I’ll be keeping the Mach.
I'm just messing with anyone who will bite...this is one of those threads. M1 is a fine car.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That car is a glorious looking pussy chariot. Just look at how the narrow, rear, 14" wheels are way inboard, which aids in decreasing track width and reducing excess performance potential. This helps to promote sway, often along with buttery soft bushing durometers and tiny/non-existent sway bars, and women in the 70's (which men weren't allowed to be back then as much as some acted like it) loved a mushy suspension. So much so, we got to witness it first hand on TV each week.

Hot, simple-minded sexpots would pull over anytime/anywhere and exit said fur wagon (you needed a machete back then as overgrown shrubbery was in vogue) and either tackle you in a footchase (YES!), or shoot at you with some carnival won prop revolver replete with the same ricochet sound being repeated every fifth shot or so.

tumblr_mdo8v0TffW1r78dpqo8_640.jpg

These were professional marksmen disguised as future appreciative housewives that showcased the Mustang mission statement on behalf of Ford. That being, that we CAN polish a turd and make it sexy and desirable on our way to achieving a utopian-esque level of mediocrity and abject failure.

tumblr_mdo8v0TffW1r78dpqo2_1280.jpg

Septic tank hued paint and interior colors helped to calm the aging hippie generation and served to inspire glum on the part of the next generation of car buyers. Legislators worked hard to lower engine power levels and speed limits and it taught us that we could be just as sad and unhappy as Europe was, post WWII. Everybody wanted to be a part of it and as a result, Mustang II sales were off the charts. The two OPEC inspired gas shortages coincided well with the car's introduction and exit. Everything just kind of fell together.

God I miss the 70's.
Well said. The TV shows were even worse than the cars during that time.

The Mustang II was definitely anemic and not good looking, but it did weigh 1,000 lbs less than the current Mustang and a 302 fits. Great car as a basis for modification.

But it's an easy target, thats for sure. There's an enormous bandwagon ready to knock it.

LR170Shelby350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R
That car is a glorious looking pussy chariot. Just look at how the narrow, rear, 14" wheels are way inboard, which aids in decreasing track width and reducing excess performance potential. This helps to promote sway, often along with buttery soft bushing durometers and tiny/non-existent sway bars, and women in the 70's (which men weren't allowed to be back then as much as some acted like it) loved a mushy suspension. So much so, we got to witness it first hand on TV each week.

Hot, simple-minded sexpots would pull over anytime/anywhere and exit said fur wagon (you needed a machete back then as overgrown shrubbery was in vogue) and either tackle you in a footchase (YES!), or shoot at you with some carnival won prop revolver replete with the same ricochet sound being repeated every fifth shot or so.

tumblr_mdo8v0TffW1r78dpqo8_640.jpg

These were professional marksmen disguised as future appreciative housewives that showcased the Mustang mission statement on behalf of Ford. That being, that we CAN polish a turd and make it sexy and desirable on our way to achieving a utopian-esque level of mediocrity and abject failure.

tumblr_mdo8v0TffW1r78dpqo2_1280.jpg

Septic tank hued paint and interior colors helped to calm the aging hippie generation and served to inspire glum on the part of the next generation of car buyers. Legislators worked hard to lower engine power levels and speed limits and it taught us that we could be just as sad and unhappy as Europe was, post WWII. Everybody wanted to be a part of it and as a result, Mustang II sales were off the charts. The two OPEC inspired gas shortages coincided well with the car's introduction and exit. Everything just kind of fell together.

God I miss the 70's.
This is the best summary of the 70's I've ever read. This needs to be printed on a poster and hung up for all to see. This is art.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Just don't get me started on the 80's...

:)