Sponsored

I think that I have the only race GT350 ever made (no issues)

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
The engine is great, the brakes are great, and the car works well.

It's been raced
2019Gt350b.png

I ordered the car new in early 2019. It got it in my garage on 7-3-2019. I drove it hard before the warranty expired last year.

2019GT350.jpg

It's been abused and neglected. It still works really well. I did change the oil and filter twice.
Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Thank god you said it. . . Put that thing in the Smithsonian now. It must have tens and tens of track miles on it. A true anomaly that deserves to be studied.
I'm still waiting for his car to beat the track records at Road Atlanta as promised 4 years ago....

On a diff note, did you decide on a what to get next?

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I'm still waiting for his car to beat the track records at Road Atlanta as promised 4 years ago....

On a diff note, did you decide on a what to get next?
I still have the mini and the C7 Z. I’ll stick with those this season and see what I’m feeling next winter. So many options. Your car holding up?

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I still have the mini and the C7 Z. I’ll stick with those this season and see what I’m feeling next winter. So many options. Your car holding up?
good plan. Mine is doing well, Pretty sure it was only the starter issues in '22, and i'm 99% sure that was just due to a weak battery. I misdiagnosed it since my vintage stang had such bad heat soak issues with starters over the years. I think I only did around 12 days in '22 though. Shooting for a similar # in '23 and we picked Ozarks as the "new" track this year. Running that one in May with Chin so I'm stoked!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
good plan. Mine is doing well, Pretty sure it was only the starter issues in '22, and i'm 99% sure that was just due to a weak battery. I misdiagnosed it since my vintage stang had such bad heat soak issues with starters over the years. I think I only did around 12 days in '22 though. Shooting for a similar # in '23 and we picked Ozarks as the "new" track this year. Running that one in May with Chin so I'm stoked!
Very nice. I’ve never been to Ozarks but I’ve heard it’s amazing!

I went through a few starters and it seems to be a really common thing. Mine would always start out as an intermittent issue when heat soaked before completely breaking.

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I was bored... so I went back and watched the footage from the great AMP summer race series event of May 28, 2022... where the one owner car "won".... and it was weird that no lap times were listed for the cars IMO, so I timed a segment from the spec miata race, which looked fast and fun... and then timed that same segment on 3 different laps for the "race" between the one owner gt350 and a vintage car I couldn't identify.... the miatas were running the NOT technical segment in 20 seconds, and the gt350 was consistently covering the same ground in 26 seconds.... I'm even more surprised that flat plane crank didn't exit the block now lol!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I was bored... so I went back and watched the footage from the great AMP summer race series event of May 28, 2022... where the one owner car "won".... and it was weird that no lap times were listed for the cars IMO, so I timed a segment from the spec miata race, which looked fast and fun... and then timed that same segment on 3 different laps for the "race" between the one owner gt350 and a vintage car I couldn't identify.... the miatas were running the NOT technical segment in 20 seconds, and the gt350 was consistently covering the same ground in 26 seconds.... I'm even more surprised that flat plane crank didn't exit the block now lol!
Dude, you’ve gotta stop….. I can’t take any more laughter for today!!!!

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Dude, you’ve gotta stop….. I can’t take any more laughter for today!!!!
I went into that experiment not knowing for sure... but 6 effing seconds slower!!! on segment!!! that's probably like 24+ seconds off pace for the whole lap if you only want to be as fast as a spec miata!

I drive mine harder than that on the street I think!
Sponsored