Sponsored

I think I've had enough of the 350......

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Ford should have never fielded a 12:1 compression motor without the DI on the gen3. 93 is just too unpredictable and one gulp of questionable fuel is enough to do bad things to high compression engines.

I'm convinced the voodoo does MUCH better on E85 than it does on 93. I have no data or anything to back that up, but after my first tune N/A I installed an Nguage and one of the things I watched was spark and knock retard and I was shocked how much the knock sensors were working even when it didn't feel or hear like anything abnormal.

With the cruise on in 6th gear at 75 mph, even the slightest incline would have the motor pulling timing (and you'd never know it without an Ngauge or computer/datalogger sitting in the seat beside you). I think the car/motor just liked E85 better, not just for the bump in power and torque, but the knock sensors just seemed happier in every condition.

High ambient temps (and corresponding IAT's) and high compression is very demanding of the fuel.
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Yea, I remember you telling me your story one time. You still have the ZL1?....
Yes i do, for now. Local track closed…but i will have a hard time selling it. If i do sell, I’ll need something to shift ASAP lol

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Yes i do, for now. Local track closed…but i will have a hard time selling it. If i do sell, I’ll need something to shift ASAP lol

Yea, I have mixed feelings getting rid of the 350. I love it as much the day I bought it, but the reliability issues make me wonder if I should keep it any longer.....

Hostil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yea, I have mixed feelings getting rid of the 350. I love it as much the day I bought it, but the reliability issues make me wonder if I should keep it any longer.....
Sorry to hear, hopefully you get things sorted out. Hate to say it, aint the way we want it, but car still looks killer even on the back of a flatbed!

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Sorry to hear, hopefully you get things sorted out. Hate to say it, aint the way we want it, but car still looks killer even on the back of a flatbed!

Show duz! Just needs to be on the ground so I can sport it.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Ford should have never fielded a 12:1 compression motor without the DI on the gen3. 93 is just too unpredictable and one gulp of questionable fuel is enough to do bad things to high compression engines.

I'm convinced the voodoo does MUCH better on E85 than it does on 93. I have no data or anything to back that up, but after my first tune N/A I installed an Nguage and one of the things I watched was spark and knock retard and I was shocked how much the knock sensors were working even when it didn't feel or hear like anything abnormal.

With the cruise on in 6th gear at 75 mph, even the slightest incline would have the motor pulling timing (and you'd never know it without an Ngauge or computer/datalogger sitting in the seat beside you). I think the car/motor just liked E85 better, not just for the bump in power and torque, but the knock sensors just seemed happier in every condition.

High ambient temps (and corresponding IAT's) and high compression is very demanding of the fuel.
Going 12+:1 CR on my coyote with no direct injection. We will see how it does on 91, but will be trying to run e85 only.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Some cars just have gremlins. Emotional attachment just enhances the frustration. Suggest you accept your poor luck and dump it before you become a hater. Maybe consider another GT350 or move on.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
2018 GT350, 8,940 miles. It's had some warranty work in the past on the tranny. Windshield wipes don't work some times. A/C won't come on sometimes. Car won't start now, maybe a fuel pump or related issue. It was the Crank Sensor last time I was having issues with it. Thinking about moving on to something else.
Did you buy new or used? If used, those electrical gremlins are unusual, and you may have a 'flood' car or something similar.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Did you buy new or used? If used, those electrical gremlins are unusual, and you may have a 'flood' car or something similar.

Bought brand new off the show room floor. Had 5 miles on it when I drove it off the lot.

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
They are built 7 days a week.
I think the point is that according to urban legend, cars built on a Monday have hungover workers, and Friday has folks ready to head out. In either case, poor assembly.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Bought brand new off the show room floor. Had 5 miles on it when I drove it off the lot.
Geeze, that stinks...... FWIW, my 2020 Bullitt (not a 350 obviously) 2 years and 17K and not an issue. Hate to see when great cars are cobbled like this. Completely understand wanting to move on.

No Idea if you are a 'Mustang only' guy, but the range of available GT350's and other Mustangs are varied. If you love the car otherwise, there are many others out there. When I was hunting, I considered a GT350, and drove it back to back with a PP1 & 2 GT, and the Bullitt. The Bullitt scratched all the right places. If I was looking today, it would likely be a MACH 1.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
2018 GT350, 8,940 miles. It's had some warranty work in the past on the tranny. Windshield wipes don't work some times. A/C won't come on sometimes. Car won't start now, maybe a fuel pump or related issue. It was the Crank Sensor last time I was having issues with it. Thinking about moving on to something else.
If you are having that many issues with the various components noted, I am going to say there is an electrical issue or short somewhere.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I think the point is that according to urban legend, cars built on a Monday have hungover workers, and Friday has folks ready to head out. In either case, poor assembly.
Oh I get the point and I see people say it all the time but Mondays and Fridays have nothing to do with build quality whatsoever.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Oh I get the point and I see people say it all the time but Mondays and Fridays have nothing to do with build quality whatsoever.
<clearing throat> perhaps you missed the 'urban legend' comment.
Sponsored