Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
so alton what was wrong with the old one?
It's still a little unclear right now, at least for my car. So my car started developing issues to where I'd go WOT and then normal cruising again, and every time I go WOT and back out of it, the car would start surging, revving up in between gears (even in neutral), and just bucking. All kinds of weird things.

Eventually I lost 5th gear and was advised that I could continue driving the car. I drove the car for like a day or two and the car eventually started having all kinds of vibrating issues to where it would even stall in neutral.

The dealership suspects that it could have been my air intake filter tube that was connected to the throttle body being loose. They think that when going WOT it may have loosened up even more and caused more air to flow in than what was monitored by the mass airflow sensor.

However, the Ford Engineers in Kansas have diagnosed this exact issue with the exact same symptoms with another customer's car and they determined his issue to be related to the tone ring on the transmission. Apparently the tone ring is supposed to be torqued down to like 105 ft lbs of torque and it was much more loose. After they tightened up his (and after months and tons of part swaps, etc.), his car drove perfectly fine after that.

I personally think that was my issue as well and just that it was a coincidence that the air intake filter tube happened to be loose as well.
Sponsored

Nr.9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gt350 Stripeless Oxford White, Black Roof
Thanks for the update! I had to look up what a tone ring is. Yeah, that can probably cause the problems you were experiencing.

Your car is beautiful and I really love the pics!

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Thanks for the update! I had to look up what a tone ring is. Yeah, that can probably cause the problems you were experiencing.

Your car is beautiful and I really love the pics!
Yup I had never even heard of it. Can't believe that a single nut caused all those problems at least for the other guy, lol.

Thanks a lot man!
Sponsored