Sponsored

I "Think" I got the best dea ever or did I?

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I looked for many months before I finally found what I wanted. Here's what I got and what I paid:

Found like new 2018 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium with A10. I found the original window sticker in the glovebox and MSRP was $45,000.

This particular GT had only 1,900 miles on it and it looked and smelled brand new. I found it at a Toyota dealership in Texas and the salesman said a pretty "well to do" customer bought this Mustang new, kept it 4 months and traded it in on Tacoma truck. Customer said is was noisier than he preferred and there was not enough room to carry much.

Dealer was asking $36,000.00. I offered them $32,000, and they accepted $32,500, plus tax, title, etc.

I felt like I stole it. Did !?
Sponsored

RyanL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Not certain about “best deal ever”.... but definitely a deal to be proud of. Well done!

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah, that's a pretty good deal for an almost new Premium A10.

As far as noisy goes, it may or may not have had the typewriter tick and 2k rattle. But, it's possible the exhaust was just too noisy for the guy who bought it. I would have asked the dealer if there was any record on the VIN of having an engine replacement. Carfax is your friend with anything not brand new.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I looked for many months before I finally found what I wanted. Here's what I got and what I paid:

Found like new 2018 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium with A10. I found the original window sticker in the glovebox and MSRP was $45,000.

This particular GT had only 1,900 miles on it and it looked and smelled brand new. I found it at a Toyota dealership in Texas and the salesman said a pretty "well to do" customer bought this Mustang new, kept it 4 months and traded it in on Tacoma truck. Customer said is was noisier than he preferred and there was not enough room to carry much.

Dealer was asking $36,000.00. I offered them $32,000, and they accepted $32,500, plus tax, title, etc.

I felt like I stole it. Did !?
You far from stole it
Trade in value is far less
Get a car fax?

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I think the noisier comment was due to with exhaust noise not engine issue noise. At least that is how I read the comment. Also, was Deep Impact Blue a color choice in 2018?

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Yeah, that's a pretty good deal for an almost new Premium A10.

As far as noisy goes, it may or may not have had the typewriter tick and 2k rattle. But, it's possible the exhaust was just too noisy for the guy who bought it. I would have asked the dealer if there was any record on the VIN of having an engine replacement. Carfax is your friend with anything not brand new.

Carfax is terrible. Autocheck through Experian is a much better reliable avenue for TRUE vehicle history reports.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I should have said "to loud" for the previous owner.

I did the Carfax before I bought and nothing showed up. We also looked around the underside and top side and we could not see any evidence of a motor swap. I've done mechanical work all my life and there were no tell-tale signs of any serious work on this car.

jetnoise,

I bought it out right, so not sure how the trade in is significant since I plan on keeping it for while.

Bran2TheDon,

Thanks for the education on the color, mine is a dark blue, so must be the Kona.

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
book value shows selling prices in the LA area around 33-35 so yeah your under avg prices in your area.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Carfax said mine was a fleet vehicle - it was not, it was a repo
Hot damn someone had an 18 repo’d?! Must’ve bought it and never made a payment lol

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
You paid 72% of MSRP for a very slightly used. I paid 83% of MSRP for my new '18 (Premium/A10/Magneride/PP1/Safe and Smart package). I think we both got good deals.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
Solid deal, now pics or it didnt happen:giggle:
Sponsored