Sponsored

I think i am regretting Race Red due to Police breaking balls daily.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
True fact:
The most commonly pulled over color is..............................................White!

Why?
It is the most common color used on vehicles in the US.
I don't get it. You can be at a stop light and 90% of the cars on all sides will be white. And most look the same. Some people have no identity. smh
Sponsored

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
eh I keep waiting to get pulled over for my demon eyes "illegal" running lights. I've lost count of cops I've driven by, followed, had pass me, etc.

IMG_20200616_181323_919.jpg

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Reading a magazine article (remember those?) many, many years ago, bright colors do draw attention in a sea of white and black cars. Kind of like a blue home in a neighborhood of tan homes, it really sticks out. This article was written with this very subject in mind. Police were surveyed and overall said your eyes are drawn to something different. I don’t remember the article mentioning the loud exhaust attention getting thing.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Of course bright colors get attention, but cops aren't just gonna pull you over just because. Unless you're driving like an asshole. (which could happen from time to time)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I wish I could pull them over and citizen ticket them for every one I see texting while driving. :curse:

I am not a nannypanny but if you’re going to ticket someone for doing something you do yourself as a LE?.. yeah, that’s just wrong!

Sponsored

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on where you live and the average pace of the traffic, police set their detectors to those going over the most to make their quota. Where I live the speed limits are 70. Average car does 78. Police set their detectors to 80+. Depending on the day.

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I never buy this "I attract attention and get pulled over because I drive X car with color Y". Its YOU who is the problem, the way you drive. The way you accelerate, or dont pay attention to the road, or other factors.

I own a race red GT350 (62,000 miles), a C7 ZR1, and a 991.2 GT3RS (lizard green). I have accumulated 72,000 miles among all 3 cars and I have been pulled over 0 times. I would do some self reflection and see what you might be doing wrong. Pay attention to the road. Be aware of who is around you.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I never buy this "I attract attention and get pulled over because I drive X car with color Y". Its YOU who is the problem, the way you drive. The way you accelerate, or dont pay attention to the road, or other factors.

I own a race red GT350 (62,000 miles), a C7 ZR1, and a 991.2 GT3RS (lizard green). I have accumulated 72,000 miles among all 3 cars and I have been pulled over 0 times. I would do some self reflection and see what you might be doing wrong. Pay attention to the road. Be aware of who is around you.
It goes beyond your description. Jurisdiction has a lot to do with it. Police quotas and training is probably the biggest factor. If the officers are pressured to grease the pot, you’re probably getting caught if you go over the speed limit pretty quick. Loud paint and a loud exhaust will get noticed, period.
The GT350 in sport mode exhaust sounds like it’s going much faster than it is when your revs are up. If you’re short shifting that obviously doesn’t apply.
Question....Do you track those awesome cars?

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
This is the exact reason why I went with Lead Foot Gray color. I have the stripes on which does make the car stand out but I haven't been pulled over once in 2+ years.

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It goes beyond your description. Jurisdiction has a lot to do with it. Police quotas and training is probably the biggest factor. If the officers are pressured to grease the pot, you’re probably getting caught if you go over the speed limit pretty quick. Loud paint and a loud exhaust will get noticed, period.
The GT350 in sport mode exhaust sounds like it’s going much faster than it is when your revs are up. If you’re short shifting that obviously doesn’t apply.
Radar detectors are legal in my state and all bordering states. I have not driven, even a rental car/loaner/or friends' car without a radar detector for the last 15 years. If you pay attention to the road, traffic (i.e. dont go 20 mph over speed limit when entire interstate is driving at speed limit), and have some common sense (watch your 6 o'clock all the time, look for unmarked cars, etc), you wont have an issue. I have had my drivers license for 20+ years, I dont at the moment have even equipment violations or parking tickets let alone moving violations.

I think a large part of this issue is the driver. Most people do not manage their right foot as well as they should. They just drive too fast for public roads and THAT is what attracts attention (and you can do that in an Accord just as well). If you were to sit in my passenger seat, you'd probably ask me how I am able to restrain myself from going too fast. But you have to choose between speeding tickets/insurance premium increases and demonstrating a level of restraint to some extent.

Both my Gt350 and ZR1 have aftermarket exhausts and are extremely loud (FP Borla and Akrapovic full respectively). You can hear me from a mile away. ZR1 is a whopping 132 db and GT350 is 120 db. These are some insane numbers. When I start my ZR1, my entire upstairs floor/furniture/doors buzz and shake.

I drove the ZR1 on track only so far. GT350 is my daily driver. GT3RS is a recent addition. I need to first have my bank account recover before I can track the RS :)

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Same here with my LFG and no stripes, looks plain Jane so not much cop attention for it. Sort of like the 70s when my buds and I did bondo body work (Poorly) on rusted muscle cars, and used rattle can gray primer paint that was on forever.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Fully agree. I've gotten one ticket so far in over 24K miles on my GT350. I was coming down thd other side of the Delaware-Memorial Bridge, going as fast as all the other cars around me, but the cop nailed me . I wonder why?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Radar detectors are legal in my state and all bordering states. I have not driven, even a rental car/loaner/or friends' car without a radar detector for the last 15 years. If you pay attention to the road, traffic (i.e. dont go 20 mph over speed limit when entire interstate is driving at speed limit), and have some common sense (watch your 6 o'clock all the time, look for unmarked cars, etc), you wont have an issue. I have had my drivers license for 20+ years, I dont at the moment have even equipment violations or parking tickets let alone moving violations.

I think a large part of this issue is the driver. Most people do not manage their right foot as well as they should. They just drive too fast for public roads and THAT is what attracts attention (and you can do that in an Accord just as well). If you were to sit in my passenger seat, you'd probably ask me how I am able to restrain myself from going too fast. But you have to choose between speeding tickets/insurance premium increases and demonstrating a level of restraint to some extent.

Both my Gt350 and ZR1 have aftermarket exhausts and are extremely loud (FP Borla and Akrapovic full respectively). You can hear me from a mile away. ZR1 is a whopping 132 db and GT350 is 120 db. These are some insane numbers. When I start my ZR1, my entire upstairs floor/furniture/doors buzz and shake.

I drove the ZR1 on track only so far. GT350 is my daily driver. GT3RS is a recent addition. I need to first have my bank account recover before I can track the RS :)
I am very aware of my surroundings, have been since I can remember. Maybe it’s because I’ve been riding street bikes for 46years and was taught from day one....ride like you’re invisible.
I pick my battles wisely. I know when I can go a little fast. Like you said, situational awareness is key.
I suspect if your exhaust is that loud, you have a very forgiving police force in your area. Many have stated on this forum they have been followed and told their exhaust was illegal. This is with no modification.
BTW....I haven’t had a ticket of any kind in 44years.
My better half and I were headed home a couple weeks ago after a spirited mountain road drive. When we approached the city the flow was about 80 mph, ten over. Someone in a Toyota Camry pulled up next to us, gave us a look then sped off. Less than a mile later he got pulled over, radar. My wife said “wow that could have been us“. My response was, I choose to speed smartly. That was not the smart time.

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
I lived in NYC for 62 yrs. Moved out about 4 yrs ago. Had to live there due to city job (FD)
NJ isn't much better, but I got away from DiBlasio and Cuomo. Hopefully Murphy will only be a 1 term gov.
Had a C6 Vette for years without a front plate. Never got pulled over. Vette presents itself as an Old Fart car (LOL)
Shelby reeks high performance. I put the front plate on mine, but almost always run in sport mode. Maybe being Magnetic Metallic (black stripes) helps. Try to remember to leave it in normal mode if I went out to dinner.

Top_Notch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I just got pulled over in my race red 5.0 w/Roush exhaust. I was on a 2 lane, maintaining distance and low rpms (quiet) in a line of cars. In lieu of ticketing, if I made a donation to the (small town) Police dept of $75 I would be on my way. My crime? Having a clear cover over my license plate. This was in Illinois, I was CCW at the time so multiple squads showed up. I was very polite until I was given the ticket. Then I had some choice words for the officer (ticketing me for that in the midst of a pandemic...and being shook down) and he politely reminded me the state ticket was more for the same (petty) offense. So, I paid it. But that damn car sticks out like a sore thumb, even just cruising.
Sponsored