Sponsored

I think i am regretting Race Red due to Police breaking balls daily.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
Then a few months ago I had a knock on my door. It was the "interview" phase of the concealed carry permit process here in Upstate, NY. It was him. Phew. Made it easier (got it rather quickly). Just sold him some '12 GT500 wheels and tires too.
Ah yes, upstate NY where it can take over six months to get a permit if you can get one at all, let alone CCW.

On topic I did get lectured by a cop for spinning my tires. He claimed that I shifted while I was spinning tires (not true). I only had a little bit of wheelspin at a red light because it had just rained for the first time in a long time. Guy was really giving me the business but because I was on my way home from work (at a hospital) he let me go with a bunch of threats instead of warnings. Not a happy moment.
Sponsored

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I haven't had my car that long but the attention and constant Police pull overs is now gotten to my limit. I am never speeding or driving reckless its the sound and color with stripes that makes them itching to break balls. I had a State Trooper follow me for 8 miles today just to pull me over on my no front plate, once i showed him the paperwork he was just a total prick saying my exhaust is not legal etc, no tickets today but the 40 min detain really sucked and made me late to family dinner with Mom.

its happening almost every day, they see the car or hear it, follow me, tailgate seeing if il speed up past the speed limit to then bust me for speeding. Im not foolish enough to fall into their traps but this is really getting old fast for me at my age.

has anyone here with a Race Red Shelby experienced such nonsense? If this doesn't stop i am going to be forced to sell the car for a different color. I cant enjoy the car with my nerves on edge every single day. I always had black daily drivers and i have red vintage Shelbys but those are rarely taken out but the attention this new GT350 is getting is more than i anticipated.
Sorry buddy, you are delusionsal.

I drive my RR GT350 like I stole it EVERYWHERE. Just get a good radar detector.

I've had ZERO issues with Police in 8 months of daily driving my RR GT350.

Just TONS and I mean TONS of compliments.

And I ALWAYS drive in sport exhaust mode too.

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I did 4400~ miles in my Race Red w/ black stripes 2016 car the 2nd half of last year, never got pulled over once. I drove the entire time without a front plate (illegal in TX) and passed police cars all the time, always nervous they'd pull me over and give me shit. I almost always had the exhaust valves opened and revved the car out on part throttle all the time. I found it weird that I never had issues...
I had a tinted red bmw 135i in Texas never once got flagged for no front plate.

Texas really rocks !

FocusRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I would hazard a guess that you're doing something to draw attention to yourself. Whether by the way you drive, or your speed. I strongly doubt it is the color.
Car color doesn't generate tickets, boneheaded drivers do.

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I don't think it's just the fact your car is Red that's causing the attention, I think most colors of the GT350 get a lot of attention.. just ask anyone here. People approaching to talk about the car while gassing up, thumbs up at redlights, etc., it's part of ownership of the car IMO.

Wouldn't have it any other way. Who wants a boring car that gets no attention? :headbang:

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I had a race red with white stripes GT500 in Texas. Only had one incident where the cop thought I was going to be speeding when I turned a corner with out slowing down much. I was going the speed limit and slowing down for the school zone. Looked in my mirror and he was hard on the binders just about rear ended my. He gave me no grief though.

All the cops that I talked to about the car were very friendly and ended up telling me stories of high speed chases and how they wished they were driving the Shelby.

Not one pull over in all of Texas.
I agree with this. I have a Triple Yellow GT with a Corsa exhaust and in the 2.5 years of ownership, driving it every single day around Baltimore MD, I've never had a problem. All of my interactions with police have been friendly. No tickets. When I first got it(when the S550 first came out), I had a couple of them stop me in parking lots to talk about the car. All positive so far...

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Mine is just as crazy on the colour and I am always in Sport mode, I have never been pulled over and spend a fair amount of time in Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island.

I have also never been given a ticket when I leave the car....until this last week or so and I have had 2 for no front plate.

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
I've daily driven my car from nasau thru queens almost a full year now with no problems from either Nassau or nyc highway patrol I have however been followed a couple of times lately by state troopers which are based on queens Nassau border on northern state ,I guess just clocking my speed and running plate but so far I've had no issues.Hopefully I just didn't jinx myself.i drive the car in sport mode always .Theres Definitly been a huge difference in speed traps in NYC and lower nys in the last 6 months .

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I gotta believe it's mostly attitude and location . . . I have a Comp Orange with 14K miles that is my daily driver and I have not been pulled over once or bothered in any way.
same here, almost 17k and not pulled over once. I always change exhaust if I see them soon enough, and even after. Followed a couple times, but not for long maybe incidental. I also have no front plate. I do not tint windows any more as that is a sure fired way to get pulled.

I have had Delaware county sheriffs pull next to me and ask me to rev it. But I'm in the country, Have a prominent pro-police decal in the back window, and watch for cops like a hawk in Columbus.

Columbus PD is in a different world. I get plenty of sour puss looks from them.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I was pulled over in my magnetic following a red Dodge Ram in the left lane doing 90 in a 70. I am pretty certain the dodge is who the cop tagged but pulled me over since I was closest. Magnetic is very stealth and other than the one stop no po po issues

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
got pulled over again today, cop said its the temp plates and no tags on the window, i am still waiting for my Ohio title to arrive, i can not do a thing until that shows up at the Ny DMV. been a few weeks but it can be a few more my selling dealer said. Il just have to wait it out i guess.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
..I'm in the country, have a prominent pro-police decal in the back window, and watch for cops like a hawk...
Stay vigilant my friend. :ninja:

How I feel when cops decide to flank me...

150904215114-f-22s-a-10s-3-super-169.jpg

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
funnypost.gif
Sponsored