Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I take it you recommend it..
I do. I searched for suggestions and possible remedies on this site and Ceratec was something that sounded like option. I have a 2017 GT with 43,xxx miles. When I purchased the car with roughly 37,xxx miles nearly 18 months ago there was no tick. At 41,xxx miles I got an oil change at my local Ford dealership and went out for a 30 mile drive immediately after leaving the dealership. Once home, I had the tick. I was mad as hell. I ordered one bottle... poured it in... fired the car up and NO TICK!!! It runs like a sowing machine. No loss of oil. I check the level every 500 miles or so and the color of the oil looks great. There seems to be many on here that are for Ceratec and some that are not. Though, this BBQ tick does seem more and more like a Ford trait. But, I’ll continue to run Ceratec henceforth and drive the heck out of the car.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Just got my 2nd oil change, 8400miles...I got the tick. It didn't do it before. I have my own garage and I listened to my car before all the time. I heard it on the way home from the dealer. It isn't bad but it is there. I may try the Ceratec.
I've run it for about 2K miles. No ill effects. Just no tick. Total change in seconds. Used a little oil before, uses a little oil now. I just used one can and probably will do the same thing at my next oci. If half the recommended dose gets the job done, it's just additional savings IMO. I'll eat crow if the engine explodes...

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Just ordered...thanks guys

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Every time I get an oil change the dealer asks me if I want to put in an additive as they recommend it. I asked them what brand they used. What do you think they said?

Reactions: PKs

Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I've run it for about 2K miles. No ill effects. Just no tick. Total change in seconds. Used a little oil before, uses a little oil now. I just used one can and probably will do the same thing at my next oci. If half the recommended dose gets the job done, it's just additional savings IMO. I'll eat crow if the engine explodes...
The engine won’t explode people have been using Liquid molly for a long time; since the end of the war. Shit really does work and I mean within a minute you can already hear the effects. My engine ran noticeably smoother after adding a bottle. Only downside is the oil clearly shows the ceratec when you empty it. Mine was a weird brown color with swirls in it. I’m not sure if Ford employees look close enough to even notice it or care.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talked to South Bay Ford in S. Cali to the senior service advisor. He told me not to run any oil additive to include CeraTec. He said it could void your engine warranty, didn't say it would but could. Also told me that a lot of the tick goes away after 2-300 miles. I already ordered the CeraTec but I am going to wait 2-300miles to see if it goes away. That being said my car runs great. With the car being 100lbs lighter than when OEM, Ford Racing Power kit and great gas and cool temps this car runs like a raped ape!!

Also, when I rev the car to 2k rpm the tick is still there with no rhythm telling me that it isn't from the rotating assembly. After 2krpm I can't hear it as the sound from the motor drowns out any other noise. At idle it barely ticks, bump up rpms to 700-1500rpm I get the tick with no rhythm to it again. After driving the car now for 4 days it really doesn't bother me that much anymore.

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Talked to South Bay Ford in S. Cali to the senior service advisor. He told me not to run any oil additive to include CeraTec. He said it could void your engine warranty, didn't say it would but could. Also told me that a lot of the tick goes away after 2-300 miles. I already ordered the CeraTec but I am going to wait 2-300miles to see if it goes away. That being said my car runs great. With the car being 100lbs lighter than when OEM, Ford Racing Power kit and great gas and cool temps this car runs like a raped ape!!

Also, when I rev the car to 2k rpm the tick is still there with no rhythm telling me that it isn't from the rotating assembly. After 2krpm I can't hear it as the sound from the motor drowns out any other noise. At idle it barely ticks, bump up rpms to 700-1500rpm I get the tick with no rhythm to it again. After driving the car now for 4 days it really doesn't bother me that much anymore.
Don't believe that advisor. They are just blowing smoke up your rear. As long as an oil additive does not compromise the specs for motor oil, it cannot void the warranty. Ceratec does not compromise it.
They would also have to prove the ceratec caused whatever problem if it ever did. Good luck to that.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't believe that advisor. They are just blowing smoke up your rear. As long as an oil additive does not compromise the specs for motor oil, it cannot void the warranty. Ceratec does not compromise it.
They would also have to prove the ceratec caused whatever problem if it ever did. Good luck to that.
Yes I am going to give it a couple of hundred miles see how the tick progresses. My order of Ceratec should be here soon.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
I agree with this. Search far and wide and cite ONE individual who has stated that they used Ceratec, then got an engine problem the stealer refused to warranty because they used Ceratec. It's not the advisor who has to live with the tick (which they consider in spec). It's you. Of course they will say not to (and to live with the tick that Ford was too cheap to engineer out).

I went with the data which I considered at this point empirical. It WILL stop the tick and I have yet to hear ONE account of someone either being denied warranty service due to using it, or having an engine problem where Ceratec was determined to be the root cause of the issue. If I have a massive failure, I will probably change the oil just in case, with a bit of flow through and sleep well knowing that I tried to pull a fast one on a multi-billion dollar company that skimped on engineering and tries to hide it by using an additive with the original fill that once drained and filled w/o it, it ticks. If I get "caught" so be it. The engine just runs better with it and I cannot view less metal on metal noises and slightly lower oil pressures as anything but good for the engine. The oil color could be fluorescent purple for all I care. If I end up blowing my warranty, I'll be sure to come back and be the first voice that I know of that will say don't do it because it voided my warranty.

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
So... I had the bbq tick. Past tense. It was actually pretty bad for the first 5k miles, running 5w30. Then I switched to 5w20 and it went away. I made plenty of speculations but 5w20 gave me that diesel sound so I swapped back to 5w30. Lo and behold, still no tick. Actually I think my engine is quieter at 16k miles than it was in its infancy. I never added a single oil additive and only use Pennzoil Platinum.

Although I did switch oil filters... hmmm. Ah well. Long story short my bbq tick went away on its own.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I would also very much appreciate info about the result.

I have tried their MoS2 anti-friction treatment additive instead of Ceratec and that did nothing about the tick. About 200ml of Ceratec is my way at the moment.
The noise came back right away. I forgot how bad it sounds. :(

Wondering now if it's safe to top off with 600ml without draining off some oil.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The noise came back right away. I forgot how bad it sounds. :(

Wondering now if it's safe to top off with 600ml without draining off some oil.
Try half a bottle (150 ml) first - that's only a bit over 5 oz so shouldn't have to drain any oil to add that tiny amount. Some guys say half a bottle of Ceratec makes their ticking go away.

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
Every time I get an oil change the dealer asks me if I want to put in an additive as they recommend it. I asked them what brand they used. What do you think they said?
Nobody else asked you unless I missed it but I'd sure like to know....

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Nobody else asked you unless I missed it but I'd sure like to know....
Pretty sure I don’t give a shit if you wanted it or not. Public forum so.
Sponsored