Sponsored

I "think" Ford secretly allows Ceratec.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Ford wont void your warranty for using it or any oil additive... per a few dealers I spoke with. Highly doubt he spoke with Ford.. you are reaching and overthinking this
Read the manual. It's pretty specific

OP
OP

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Read the manual. It's pretty specific
It says "don't use additives, as they "may" void your warranty".

Not, "Use of any additive "will" void your warranty."

I take it as a blanket statement, because everyone knows there are tons of snake oils out there that do not actually help your engine, and many actually cause damage. I'm sure even Ford knows the higher end additives actually do help, like Ceratec, Archoil , and Tribotex.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)

Not, "Use of any additive "will" void your warranty.
Where does it say that?

My manual says "could lead to engine damage that may not be covered by the vehicle warranty."

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

I take it as a blanket statement, because everyone knows there are tons of snake oils out there that do not actually help your engine, and many actually cause damage. I'm sure even Ford knows the higher end additives actually do help, like Ceratec, Archoil , and Tribotex.
Yep, and Ford would have to prove the additive caused the damage if it got to that point (ie, to court). Of course they could say it did, then you'd have to take them to court to battle out the technical proof it did or didn't cause the failure. Most people are not going to spend the big money to do that, and then fold.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Where does it say that?

My manual says "could lead to engine damage that may not be covered by the vehicle warranty."
Saying the same thing, "May void your warranty" and "may not be covered by warranty" mean the same thing.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Saying the same thing, "May void your warranty" and "may not be covered by warranty" mean the same thing.
That is not the same thing at all! Voiding the warranty implies that you no longer have a warranty on anything. That is not the case when a specific repair is denied due to a modification.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
I guess you can say..ford secretly allows it if they can get out of paying huge warranty bills and giving out engines if they can make the car owner pay 30 bucks a bottle? lol

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is not the same thing at all! Voiding the warranty implies that you no longer have a warranty on anything. That is not the case when a specific repair is denied due to a modification.
I was thinking voiding the warranty for that specific problem - in that case it is saying the same thing. Nobody said void the whole warranty, I never saw those words.

Although, I have read here that some guys reported that Ford did void their whole warranty because they had too many mods and a tune on the PCM.

Here's the actual statements out of the Owner's Manual.

Ford Mustang Owners Manual - Oil Viscosity & Warranty.JPG

Ford Owners Manual Statement on Oil Additives.JPG

Last edited:

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I apologize if I came across like a d--k. I keep seeing "void the warranty" used a lot on this forum in place of having a specific claim denied due to damage caused by a mod. Ford uses very specific language about this. The verbiage used in regard to additives is a good example. They specifically say "engine damage that may not be covered." In other words, everything else is still covered...electrical, body, HVAC, transmission, brakes, etc.

I hope that when most people use the term "void the warranty" they are speaking of a specific warranty claim being denied. However, I think there are some people who are afraid to do anything for fear they will no longer have any warranty coverage on any part of their car.

Again, I don't mean to make a big deal of terminology. I think we are on the same page.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower

“WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY?
Damage Caused By:
• using contaminated or improper fuel/fluids”

That’s pretty wide open to interpretation. But if Condor thinks Ford has approved Ceratec...
The current Mustang is not a flex fuel vehicle so E85 is not approved either
The introduction of E85 touches numerous systems in the car.

The Manual has plenty of language re tunes as well.

Consequential damage won’t be covered

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP

Manual doe not say you should not modify your car. And yet ford denies warranty if applicable.

Manual says do not use additives and people believe ford will not void warranty if finds it applicable.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
“WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY?
Damage Caused By:
• using contaminated or improper fuel/fluids”
Condor, drain your oil, send us a picture and I'll see how much success you'll have proving it is not contaminated.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Condor, drain your oil, send us a picture and I'll see how much success you'll have proving it is not contaminated.
Don't leave out your improper visual measurement too
The Msd sheet on products like this and most read "trade secret"
Or don't carry an msd sheet because they conform to another country's rules

I have zero ticks or rattles. At this point my 5.0 is absolutely amazing....can you say jinx
I'm tempted to add something for good measure though

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual doe not say you should not modify your car. And yet ford denies warranty if applicable
Oh yes it does!!!
With great specificity
Try reading it again
Sponsored