Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Nobody else asked you unless I missed it but I'd sure like to know....
Pretty sure LDHunter just wants to know what the dealer answered you.
Yeah.... I'm a tard in my interpretation of what you said... Thanks to Michael for making me reread what LDHunter said...

So... Ceratec....

Talk about opening my mouth and inserting my foot. Sorry my man.

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
Yeah.... I'm a tard in my interpretation of what you said... Thanks to Michael for making me reread what LDHunter said...

So... Ceratec....

Talk about opening my mouth and inserting my foot. Sorry my man.
No need to apologize. I'm way too familiar with the taste of my own size 12 foot to cast any stones here... LOL

Also... Thanks for the info... My new Rapid Red 2020 Mustang GT Premium 401A is supposed to arrive at my local dealer tomorrow morning if Tropical Storm Elsa doesn't pay me a visit here in Tallahassee. 🤞

NOTE: Just to be sure I'm getting what I actually need is this the proper additive? I don't intend to order it until/if my 5.0 exhibits the dreaded ticking/knocking.
https://www.amazon.com/Liqui-Moly-F...hild=1&keywords=Ceratec&qid=1625478854&sr=8-8

Last edited:

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No need to apologize. I'm way too familiar with the taste of my own size 12 foot to cast any stones here... LOL

Also... Thanks for the info... My new Rapid Red 2020 Mustang GT Premium 401A is supposed to arrive at my local dealer tomorrow morning if Tropical Storm Elsa doesn't pay me a visit here in Tallahassee. 🤞

NOTE: Just to be sure I'm getting what I actually need is this the proper additive? I don't intend to order it until/if my 5.0 exhibits the dreaded ticking/knocking.
https://www.amazon.com/Liqui-Moly-F...hild=1&keywords=Ceratec&qid=1625478854&sr=8-8
Yep, that's the stuff. Enjoy the new car!

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV

Are you planning on adding your Ceratec right off the bat, or are you going to add it on your first oil change? Not sure if there is an advantage/disadvantage, so really just curious. If I were doing it, I'd probably leave the factory fill and break in as recommended. Then switch to full synthetic and a bottle of Ceratec, tick or no tick at that point. Have nothing really but my gut instincts talking here, so I'll leave it to the engineer types to really listen to.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
My 2018 had no tick at all. However, based on all of the discussion, I started adding one can of Ceratec at each oil change as a preventative measure. It has now had 4 oil changes with Ceratec and ZERO unwanted noise. My car may have never developed the tick anyway. In any case, I am comfortable that it does no harm even if it is not needed.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Two 2018+ cars. Both tick. Additive and all. I’m gonna send it either way. Mine is a steady tick, doesn’t sound like an erratic typewriter. Cold, hot, it ticks. I love my diesel motor.

LDHunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 GT Premium California Special 10sp
Are you planning on adding your Ceratec right off the bat, or are you going to add it on your first oil change? Not sure if there is an advantage/disadvantage, so really just curious. If I were doing it, I'd probably leave the factory fill and break in as recommended. Then switch to full synthetic and a bottle of Ceratec, tick or no tick at that point. Have nothing really but my gut instincts talking here, so I'll leave it to the engineer types to really listen to.
I think I'll wait and see if it ticks before making a decision about the Ceratec but being anal about maintenance I suspect I'll start thinking more and more about Ceratec and eventually will start adding it each oil change regardless before long.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Two 2018+ cars. Both tick. Additive and all. I’m gonna send it either way. Mine is a steady tick, doesn’t sound like an erratic typewriter. Cold, hot, it ticks. I love my diesel motor.
Your description of a steady tick sounds more like normal direct injection tick than the infamous typewriter tick. From the videos I have heard, the typewriter tick is more sporadic.

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
Your description of a steady tick sounds more like normal direct injection tick than the infamous typewriter tick. From the videos I have heard, the typewriter tick is more sporadic.
Agree. Typewriter tick is not a consistent rhythm. DI is and is more muffled. Typewriter (and who can blame anyone under 45 for not knowing what one sounds like...) or BBQ tick has a distinctly metallic sound. Adding Ceratec took seconds to eliminate said noise. I moved from 0W20 to 5W30 on my second OC, but still added one bottle with it. I took the time to blend it with my half full 5 quart and shook it all up pretty good, then continued to fill as normal. No issues, no tick. May be using slightly less oil with the 5W-30, but not certain of that.

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
I guess im one of the very few that has been using ceratec since 300 miles on the clock. just changed my oil at 1450 miles and added another bottle. at my next change in 5k miles I will probably add another bottle. I don't know if its the ceratec or running e85 but the engine is very quiet, just purrs.
Sponsored