Sponsored

I sold my Bullitt to Vroom for $48,681 !!!

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Vroom picked up my car last Saturday. I still haven't got paid so I called them and now they are saying someone will look into why and get back to me within 2 days. Why do things like this always happen to me ? I did everything they asked precisely and immediately.
So, maybe I'm not understanding something. If I sell the car to a dealer or a private party, I get paid, they get the car. Why aren't you paid when they take your car?
Sponsored

OP
OP
coltgus

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
I believe their website says they will FedEx a check in 2 or 3 business days but when I did the paperwork it gave me the opportunity for a direct deposit into my bank account which I opted for. Vroom is a public company so I wasn't worried. The difference between Vroom and a car dealer is they are buying sight unseen so they want to look at the car before they pay in case you misrepresented the car. I'm pretty sure in my case they are going to want to pay me less because of the paint chip which was not there when the car was picked up.

CS19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Ah, so the person that picks up the car is not the one who verifies the condition. That's somewhat risky, then. If that transport person does damage to the car, and anybody that has had cars transported knows wherof I speak, the owner is on the hook for the damage.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, so the person that picks up the car is not the one who verifies the condition. That's somewhat risky, then. If that transport person does damage to the car, and anybody that has had cars transported knows wherof I speak, the owner is on the hook for the damage.
and if you read the sales contract it says right there that damage during transport is not their problem. With AutoLendersGo the transport flunkie takes pics before he loads it up. And AFAIK Carvana does as well - and both pay on the spot. Vroom is playing arbitrage and somewhat of a hostage game. If they change the deal to the point that you say 'no' you get to shell out healthy bucks for freight to get it back. I think Vroom are the Blackwater (housing) of used car business.

Check Carmax, their offers may actually be better than Vroom on certain cars and conditions.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
If you are selling in this inflated market only to buy another vehicle at an inflated price, plus pay taxes, it doesn’t really make sense. Also my gut tells me the auto manufacturers are going to be raising prices on new cars once the market corrects itsel.

bottom line is if you love the car, don’t just look at the money. It will cost you more in the long term

Sponsored

jweggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I believe their website says they will FedEx a check in 2 or 3 business days but when I did the paperwork it gave me the opportunity for a direct deposit into my bank account which I opted for. Vroom is a public company so I wasn't worried. The difference between Vroom and a car dealer is they are buying sight unseen so they want to look at the car before they pay in case you misrepresented the car. I'm pretty sure in my case they are going to want to pay me less because of the paint chip which was not there when the car was picked up.
Have you gotten paid yet and was it the original quoted amount?

OP
OP
coltgus

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
I’ll post when I get paid

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you are selling in this inflated market only to buy another vehicle at an inflated price, plus pay taxes, it doesn’t really make sense.
nobody (here?) is so dumb as to be doing that... Practically nobody has a Mustang as an only car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
coltgus

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
I just got off the phone with Vroom. They said the reason I haven't been paid is that they didn't get the Bill of Lading. The shipper sent it to me in an email and I forwarded that email to the email address they gave me, I did that the day they picked up the car, Saturday May 29. The Vroom rep told me it must have got lost and asked me to send it to her again which I did and she got it and said I would be paid soon. I think I made an error when I forwarded the email from the shipper instead of creating a new email and attaching the Bill of Lading. The paint chip never came up.

jweggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just got off the phone with Vroom. They said the reason I haven't been paid is that they didn't get the Bill of Lading. The shipper sent it to me in an email and I forwarded that email to the email address they gave me, I did that the day they picked up the car, Saturday May 29. The Vroom rep told me it must have got lost and asked me to send it to her again which I did and she got it and said I would be paid soon. I think I made an error when I forwarded the email from the shipper instead of creating a new email and attaching the Bill of Lading. The paint chip never came up.

I am sorry to hear about the delay but am happy things are moving forward for you. So as far as you know the price your getting paid is the original agreed upon price?

I actually just finished e-signing my sale contract with Vroom about 2 hours ago. I sold them my 2016 GT convertible for $33,030.00 !!

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The paint chip never came up.
any quote has a built-in margin for fixing 'stuff' before sale and chips are generally minor cosmetic problems that can be fixed cheaply.

OP
OP
coltgus

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
I am sorry to hear about the delay but am happy things are moving forward for you. So as far as you know the price your getting paid is the original agreed upon price?

I actually just finished e-signing my sale contract with Vroom about 2 hours ago. I sold them my 2016 GT convertible for $33,030.00 !!
I'm getting the full original price.

OP
OP
coltgus

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
any quote has a built-in margin for fixing 'stuff' before sale and chips are generally minor cosmetic problems that can be fixed cheaply.
They apparently don't fix anything. If you go to Vroom.com and search for 2019 ford mustang bullitt you'll see my car and the picture with the paint chip says "this will not be fixed", dumb in my view.
Sponsored