Sponsored

I seriously want a Mach 1 so bad it isn't even funny.

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Yes, a Mach 1. Think Boss 302, but for the S550. Bilstein adjustable dampers, Torsen differential, Recaro seats, base interior, 6-piston front and 4-piston rear brakes with oversized slotted rotors, 6-speed manual only, fastback, and the best part...

...a N/A Coyote-based 5.8L with over 500 HP.

I'll take mine black-on-black please.
Sponsored

KZStang

I like the idea, but I'm a bit biased lol. I would like Tremec 7 tranny.

Style wise I hope they do a better than the '03 Mach 1. Didn't do the original justice IMO. That shaker hood on that small sloping hood and lack of full fastback. Kind of half assed IMO...

NRMStand

Yes, a Mach 1. Think Boss 302, but for the S550. Bilstein adjustable dampers, Torsen differential, Recaro seats, base interior, 6-piston front and 4-piston rear brakes with oversized slotted rotors, 6-speed manual only, fastback, and the best part...

...a N/A Coyote-based 5.8L with over 500 HP.

I'll take mine black-on-black please.

Ditto would like to see the Mach 1 reivved but it wont be a Boss 302 replacement if they stay true to the Mach 1 roots. It's always been more of a step up to the GT with some premium upgrades and comforts.

If they really wanna take on the z/28 it'll have to be more track focused, maybe a whole new SVT model of some sort.

DarkAgent10

Lol how many models are yall looking for? This is like a Xmas wishlist... we got all kinds a 4 pot, v6, v6 turbo, turbo coyote, twin turbo, trinity.... now yall want a gt, gt500, mach 1, boss.... svt cobra next? Were all getting a little excited :D

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I don't think anyone here wants a TTV6.

V6
T4
TT5.0

That is reasonable, no?

Sponsored

KZStang

Ditto would like to see the Mach 1 reivved but it wont be a Boss 302 replacement if they stay true to the Mach 1 roots. It's always been more of a step up to the GT with some premium upgrades and comforts.

If they really wanna take on the z/28 it'll have to be more track focused, maybe a whole new SVT model of some sort.
What do you mean? Boss 302 is not some stripped down track car that will go head to head with the likes of the z28. Even if the Mach 1 didn't replace it, it would still need a new model if it wants to compete directly with Chevy on the track. It still has plenty of "comforts"..... how about standard AC, SYNC and a lot of other things that add weight, cost and are unnecessary for the track... UNLIKE the z28.

Krishna

I don't think anyone here wants a TTV6.

V6
T4
TT5.0

That is reasonable, no?

You're saying NA 5.8 Mach 1 right? and TT 5.0 for GT500? That would be two premium niche products in the upper range. I'd like to see it too, not sure there's room for it. I think something along the lines of the Boss 302 would be less "niche"

MustangMarine

How many Mach 1 Mustangs has Ford made? Just that first one?

JackHoya

I like the idea, but I'm a bit biased lol. I would like Tremec 7 tranny.

Style wise I hope they do a better than the '03 Mach 1. Didn't do the original justice IMO. That shaker hood on that small sloping hood and lack of full fastback. Kind of half assed IMO...
The 2003 revival was based on the Fox body platform. If you didn't like the Fox, then you probably wouldnt like the remake. Same should go for the 2015 if we see one.

Sponsored

stangray11

A special edition SVT variant in between the GT and GT500 with a NA engine... my guess is a return of the Boss 351 or Cobra R.

KZStang

How many Mach 1 Mustangs has Ford made? Just that first one?
2... '69 (mine) and '03. It's crazy to think in '69, Ford had 6 performance models - GT, Boss 302, Boss 429, GT350, GT500 and the Mach 1. Some great years huh?

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
You're saying NA 5.8 Mach 1 right? and TT 5.0 for GT500? That would be two premium niche products in the upper range. I'd like to see it too, not sure there's room for it. I think something along the lines of the Boss 351 would be less "niche"
Fixed it for you. :thumbsup:

Krishna

If they do bring back the Mach 1 I really hope they dont slap that ugly badge on the trunk like the last one. It looks good on the retro cars, but the font just clashes with modern ones IMO.

2015 mustang render.jpg

2015 mustang sketch2.jpg
308mach1rear2.jpg
308Mach1Badge.jpg

Melino

I like it. :shrug: It's just from the original isn't it?
Sponsored