Sponsored

I recieved my first recall on the GT today....

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Wish they made a mistake and gave me the 5.2 instead...oh well.
Sponsored

GoldnAzn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Monty
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White Premium w/PP
I had similar issue with the front grill. I bought the 50 year appearance package, then I notice the factory installed the regular GT front grill (without the chrome lining around the pony). I was considering taking it back to the dealer, but it actually looks better without it...

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I think it's a bit cheeky they are saying they want to swap the part for the cheaper version when it was their mistake so why not just swap the cheaper one you have for the premium one as a nice gesture lol

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
I think it's a bit cheeky they are saying they want to swap the part for the cheaper version when it was their mistake so why not just swap the cheaper one you have for the premium one as a nice gesture lol

I was thinking the exact same thing....except for the potential rattling issue previously mentioned.

OP
OP
Am1nal

Am1nal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT w/ Performance Pack
Well, they said they had to have the panel back because they ordered it before I bought the car. I didn't feel like fighting them over it.

Sponsored

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
I'm confused....they ordered the panel that should have come with the car before you bought it and still sold it to you that way? When did you find out about the recall? I find it extremely difficult to expect you to do anything with the car you purchased. It's yours. Like others have said in this thread, if it were a recall concerning safety or emissions I could understand.

OP
OP
Am1nal

Am1nal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT w/ Performance Pack
I'm guessing bad communication between the departments at the Ford dealership I purchased the car from. I will say that my whole experience with them has been superb compared to the other 27 vehicle purchases I have made.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I was thinking the exact same thing....except for the potential rattling issue previously mentioned.
Normally caused by parts broken that cost next to nothing to replace but it's annoying this sort of thing happens.

Well, they said they had to have the panel back because they ordered it before I bought the car. I didn't feel like fighting them over it.
Typical communication break down....I would lightly suggest to them about repacing the standard one for the premium version for the inconvenience it will cause for you to take the time to get things rectified.....BUT if you are happy with how the car sits right now, then just ignore the letter and enjoy the car :D

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
If you ordered a Mustang with PP you should change it. Later if you are trying to sell your car it would look to me that you did got into an accident and picked up a cheaper panel from the boneyard. I wouldn't buy it. My 2cent.

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow
Keep it if you like it. I had three recalls on my last vehicle and only exercised two of them because the final one came when I was in the process of trading it in and I didn't want to bother with it. I would hold on to the recall letter though in case you do try selling it yourself and someone notices it.
Sponsored