I really hope my car isnt totalled:(

S550jsee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang gt
I bought a 2017 Ford Mustang performance pack 1 about a month ago now oh, yesterday while coming back from the store a dog ran out in front of me and I swerved to miss him and a wooden for sale sign caused damage to the right side of my car. I'm extremely upset, down right side to be honest with you because I worked so hard to get this car. I am in the process of getting it towed to a body shop now to get an estimate between insurance and the shop. I hope and pray that they do not total the vehicle. The motor runs flawlessly oh, I don't hear anything knocking or anything like that oh, there's no fluids on the floor, and no airbags were deployed oh, I probably was doing 40 at the most. My side view mirror is gone oh, and my side skirt is gone, and there's scruffs on the rear wheel in the back so that may need to be replaced as well. I cracked my front bumper in the corner, but thankfully none of the lights got hit. The hood was scratched just a little bit but no impact. The front quarter panel oh, the right door, and the right rear quarter panel took most of the hit What do you guys think? I just bought it for 30 k in mint condition with less than 60,000 miles on it. Based off of the some of the other posts on here I'm going to assume this is at least $15,000 in Damages, so I'm assuming anything above 20K will get the car totaled. Smfh advice? Opinion?

Pictures are here

http://jay2dayshade.tumblr.com
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Not lookin good
3 panels I canā€™t tell if hood was hit, or either bumper Iā€™m on my iPhone. But 60k miles, 17 model.

i could be wrong. But I think insurance would write it off.

there was a guy recently had full side damage and he was fixed, but I think he has far less mileage.

Last edited:

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Hmmm, I think you're estimating high. From what you mentioned i dont see 15k in damage. My wife tore her jeep up on the right side a year ago. Corner of the front bumper, dent on the front quarter panel, and bottom of the car down the right side. It was under 8K said and done. Worst part was waiting on getting the car back. The shop might be able to fix some of the damage rather than replace. So be optimistic, let insurance do its thing. Good luck..

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah heā€™s right. I donā€™t see 20k in damage but Iā€™m surprised the threshold is that high to be honest with 60k miles

OP
OP

S550jsee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang gt
Ok, got an appraisal from my body shop. They don't think it'll be totaled, they have more mustangs they are working on now that is worse and wasn't totaled. Current market value 30 to 35 for this car and they estimate 12 to 15k in Damages. Only bad news I got is its going to take probably 2 months to get it back if not a little longer. Now time to deal with insurance. I'll update as soon as I find out more.

Sponsored

OP
OP

S550jsee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang gt
Hmmm, I think you're estimating high. From what you mentioned i dont see 15k in damage. My wife tore her jeep up on the right side a year ago. Corner of the front bumper, dent on the front quarter panel, and bottom of the car down the right side. It was under 8K said and done. Worst part was waiting on getting the car back. The shop might be able to fix some of the damage rather than replace. So be optimistic, let insurance do its thing. Good luck..

Thanks for the good luck šŸ‘, got the estimate from the shop 12 to 15k at worst case primarily because of the rear quarter panel. He also mentioned to me that he works with my particular insurance company all the time, and that he has some mustangs in the back that's is in worse shape and wasn't totaled. Only bad news I pretty much got from him was that once I turn it over to them, I won't get it back for at least 60 days.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Sorry for that. I know it isnā€™t much of a consolation, but youā€™re a really good guy for caring enough not allowing yourself to hurt the dog. It speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. :like:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Post a follow up when sheā€™s repaired

OP
OP

S550jsee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford mustang gt
Sorry for that. I know it isnā€™t much of a consolation, but youā€™re a really good guy for caring enough not allowing yourself to hurt the dog. It speaks volumes about the kind of person you are. :like:
Hey thanks my guy šŸ˜