Sponsored

I need help with new 2021 gt fastback premium

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
OP - everything sounds normal to me as well.

Maybe just keep the setting at normal and see how you like it? You also have the Performance Package which has stiffer suspension, brembo's etc., so naturally ride quality will be harsh and the brakes will bite hard - if it didn't then they're not real brembos
Sponsored

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
The trans is probably normal, but may benefit from a reset of adaptations. Have the dealer check for the shipping spacers in the suspension. It is a performance car, however, at the end of the day and will be tuned for sporty driving- especially with the performance package. Not sure what to tell you on the seats, adjust them to what feels best? If the lumbar is uncomfortable, move it. Does the passenger seat feel the same way? Most car seats make my back hurt after an hour or so of driving, but the mustang is the first in a long time that doesnā€™t do that.
Yeah I took it to the dealership to look at it because I know itā€™s gonna shift harder itā€™s a sports car but I mean it jerks the whole care when it shifts from 3 to 4. As for the suspension I knew it was going to be rougher I just expect it to be as rough as it is even my mom who drives a 392 srt challenger thought it was rough. I think I just need to find an aftermarket one fits me. And as for the seat I am almost exactly like you and its just like after 10 minutes my back kills and I have adjusted the lumber from all the way forward to all the way back and nothing and the passenger seat isnā€™t stellar either.

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
This all sounds pretty normal to me: rough shifts in track mode, the stiff/rough ride could be any mods to wheels, tires, or suspension, I didn't see if the car was used... With the exception of uncomfortable seats it sounds like you bought a Mustang šŸ˜€

How long have you had the car?
And that is why I was posting to see if these things were normal thank you for responding and letting me know sounds like after all the responses I need to get a aftermarket suspension that fits me and as for the seat itā€™s crazy that itā€™s so uncomfortable cause everyone says itā€™s amazing. The car was marked new but had 570 miles on it.

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
It might help if you told us what kind of car(s) you had before, what you're used to.

For me, personally, the performance package ride quality was too stiff, so I bought a "normal" GT. The ride is softer, the tires are smaller and more compliant all-seasons, so it's a noticeable difference. It's tough these days when it's often difficult to impossible to test drive a car, much less several of them optioned differently.

The seats... well, I'm used to BMW seats, so for me pretty much any domestic car has seats that are too soft. The lumbar adjustment in the Mustang is not (AFAIK) changeable in height, just severity, and for me it's positioned too low.

And of course, I got a proper three pedal car, so it never downshifts unless I do it. So I can't help you with those transmission questions, except to agree with those who point out that if you are in "track" mode, then yes, it's going to behave more aggressively.

Best of luck. It sucks to buy a new car and be disappointed.
Sorry I drove a stinger gt2 before this. Your right there wasnā€™t much to compare it against they had like 1 gt because I was looking at I really wanted the 19 inch wheels and the brembos cause my stinger had it. I was expecting it to be rough but not as rough as it is. I might just need to find a aftermarket suspension to help fit my needs and a seat lol. Thanks for responding.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Yeah I took it to the dealership to look at it because I know itā€™s gonna shift harder itā€™s a sports car but I mean it jerks the whole care when it shifts from 3 to 4. As for the suspension I knew it was going to be rougher I just expect it to be as rough as it is even my mom who drives a 392 srt challenger thought it was rough. I think I just need to find an aftermarket one fits me. And as for the seat I am almost exactly like you and its just like after 10 minutes my back kills and I have adjusted the lumber from all the way forward to all the way back and nothing and the passenger seat isnā€™t stellar either.
I brought up the shipping spacers because its been the cause of many suspension complaints over the years and dealers continue to miss that step on PDI for some reason. Comparing to the passenger seat was purely a diagnostic step, so if its not any different, then you can confirm the seat is at least not physically broken. And the trans, it may have had a "spirited" life before you bought it, 500+ miles of dealer demo use or test drives or whatever - erasing all that learned info may help.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
I brought up the shipping spacers because its been the cause of many suspension complaints over the years and dealers continue to miss that step on PDI for some reason. Comparing to the passenger seat was purely a diagnostic step, so if its not any different, then you can confirm the seat is at least not physically broken. And the trans, it may have had a "spirited" life before you bought it, 500+ miles of dealer demo use or test drives or whatever - erasing all that learned info may help.
Yeah I read some where that was pretty common with the suspension and Iā€™m hoping thatā€™s the case to itā€™s better lol. Yeah they are resetting the learning and checking the transmission fluid. Thanks for your info though I appreciate it.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Sorry I drove a stinger gt2 before this. Your right there wasnā€™t much to compare it against they had like 1 gt because I was looking at I really wanted the 19 inch wheels and the brembos cause my stinger had it. I was expecting it to be rough but not as rough as it is. I might just need to find a aftermarket suspension to help fit my needs and a seat lol. Thanks for responding.
Before thinking about a seat change consider a quality seat cushion.

https://www.thedrive.com/reviews/27922/best-car-seat-cushion-for-long-drives

AZRobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 400a Atlas Blue Auto, Black Accent
Regarding the rough ride - I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. Make sure your tire pressures are set to what the door placard recommends - NOT what the sidewall says. They should probably be around 30-32psi. The tire sidewall probably say MAX pressure is 44psi or higher and that will definitely give you a rougher ride.

MotoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford F150 XLT Supercab
Following this thread, I've got a '21 premium GT, A10, 20" wheels, non PP, no Magneride. My seat doesn't seem to have much padding in the bottom but its OK for me so far. The trans shifts fine in Normal mode but will lug the engine sometimes driving around the county. I'm at about 1400 mi now so using "S" mode to take advantage of the higher shift points. My trans shifts fine under normal throttle input, but when I "step" on it it seems to shift harder and will actually jerk the car shifting into 5th. Been thinking about checking the fluid level but as we all know, that's a chore in itself.

OP, let us know what the dealer finds on yours please.

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm sorry to say ya bought the wrong car and adding magnaride will be too much$$$

Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Sierra, ā€˜21 Expedition, ā€˜22 Mach 1
I think I found a thread on here if someone trying to add magneride after the fact. I donā€™t think they ever went through it because of expense, parts, and labor involved.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Let's start out with what cars have you driven before you bought the mustang? I bought a new '21 GT a few months ago and it rides and behaves better than I expected. Cloth seat is fine, better than any vettes I own.

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
I forgot to add this I have the normal leather seat of the premium.
[/QUOT
Let's start out with what cars have you driven before you bought the mustang? I bought a new '21 GT a few months ago and it rides and behaves better than I expected. Cloth seat is fine, better than any vettes I own.
I couldn't agree more! Driving this is a blast, and it's very comfortable IMO. It is definitely a GT, meaning a Grand Tourer. The bucket seats are comfortable and supportive, with some of the softest headrests I remember in any vehicle I have had. I also have Magnaride which I think is worth it. My car has just 1,400 miles on it, but really want to take it in a long ride to St. George or Vegas this summer. I've mostly driven it around here in the valley and up to Park City and it has been fantastic everywhere. I love it.

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
Following this thread, I've got a '21 premium GT, A10, 20" wheels, non PP, no Magneride. My seat doesn't seem to have much padding in the bottom but its OK for me so far. The trans shifts fine in Normal mode but will lug the engine sometimes driving around the county. I'm at about 1400 mi now so using "S" mode to take advantage of the higher shift points. My trans shifts fine under normal throttle input, but when I "step" on it it seems to shift harder and will actually jerk the car shifting into 5th. Been thinking about checking the fluid level but as we all know, that's a chore in itself.

OP, let us know what the dealer finds on yours please.
So I do have an update I showed them how the car was lurching when shifting from 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 and they said they would reset the transmission learning which I have read helps and in normal mode the car rides great now. However in s+ the car doesnā€™t seem to do it consistently but it again lurches going from 4 to 5 and 3 to 4 and now the down shifting is worse then it was before. As for the suspension I think the blocks were on still ok because after I took it in it felt a lot better not Lexus good but something I can handle and get used too. The seat however my back still hurts when I sit in it.

OP
OP

Srgkuja

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 gt fastback premium
I have driven a 2015 392 challenger and a stinger. Before taking it into the shop the challenger felt better to drive. After taking it to ford the suspension is better now. Not perfect but something I can get used to. However the seat still makes my back hurt
Sponsored