Sponsored

I need a little schooling on equipment packages

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Isn't the "Pony button" only available if one chooses the digital dash? I don't recall that button being an available feature if one chooses the analog dash cluster.

Clarification?
Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Isn't the "Pony button" only available if one chooses the digital dash? I don't recall that button being an available feature if one chooses the analog dash cluster.

Clarification?
CJ, maybe so but what triggers the digital dash? Is it the 301a package? In typical Ford fashion the answer isnā€™t easily discernible.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
CJ, maybe so but what triggers the digital dash? Is it the 301a package? In typical Ford fashion the answer isnā€™t easily discernible.
The digital dash, along with the pony button and MyMode are available only in Premium models with the 201A or 401A packages.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The digital dash, along with the pony button and MyMode are available only in Premium models with the 201A or 401A packages.
Bikeman, do you mean the 301a and 401a packages? Iā€™m not familiar with the 201a package.

Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, just got home with a new base GT 301a coupe and I can confirm that it indeed does not have the pony button. Although I havenā€™t had time to fool with it yet, Iā€™d say yā€™all are spot on about not being able to program in My Mode. Itā€™s no problem for me though since two flips up on the mode selector puts me in track mode, which is where I live anyway in my 401a premium convertible. It appears that thereā€™s no map or GPS function either but again I didnā€™t care enough to even check in to it first. I bought this strictly as my fun machine, and after 50 miles fun it is. Very low effort clutch and short throw shifter.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OK, just got home with a new base GT 301a coupe and I can confirm that it indeed does not have the pony button. Although I havenā€™t had time to fool with it yet, Iā€™d say yā€™all are spot on about not being able to program in My Mode. Itā€™s no problem for me though since two flips up on the mode selector puts me in track mode, which is where I live anyway in my 401a premium convertible. It appears that thereā€™s no map or GPS function either but again I didnā€™t care enough to even check in to it first. I bought this strictly as my fun machine, and after 50 miles fun it is. Very low effort clutch and short throw shifter.
Good for you, congrats. Of course we need pictures to confirm.

Just FYI, Nav is an option on the 301A, standard on the 401A. You could always swap out your APIM if you really want it as the screen is the same. Also no big deal on MyMode. It is convenient but not really necessary.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good for you, congrats. Of course we need pictures to confirm.

Just FYI, Nav is an option on the 301A, standard on the 401A. You could always swap out your APIM if you really want it as the screen is the same. Also no big deal on MyMode. It is convenient but not really necessary.
Thanks Bikeman, Iā€™ll get up a pic or two in a new thread soon.

Tell you the truth Iā€™m OK without nav. I kind of lIke it being the opposite of my loaded GT convertible. For all of 50 miles it really kinda reminds me of the old days!
Sponsored