I may have done it! Possibly decent looking caliper covers for rear

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I think they look great but they would look even better if the rears had a raised center area instead of a recessed one and not so many screw heads... So they could look more like the GT500 rear brake calipers and still have enough clearance:
img_0289-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I think they look great but they would look even better if the rears had a raised center area instead of a recessed one and not so many screw heads... So they could look more like the GT500 rear brake calipers:
img_0289-jpg.jpg
I think the only challenge with that is clearance issues with the wheel. Since you have the actual brakes, having a raised section like that would probably interfere with the rear wheel. Although maybe a slight raised center part may be more appropriate to get the look you're after. Good suggestion and am interested to see what @apexdesigns thinks.

ststang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
viewsinfinitum.com
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB EBM AT PP

ECO Mustang Group - We do have a kit for the ECO Mustang front and rear. Just sent a prototype set to a customer in Texas. If that goes well and there is enough interest they may make it to production soon. I attached a pic (see yellow overlay). They will be a little different in that the center raised area will be deleted for production units. (part# 1831001-0,-1,2)

Installation Video - I will be doing a new Install video for the GENIII. It will be shorter and hopefully a bit clearer.

Website is being updated as we speak. www.apexoverlay.com

I hope this clears some things up. But if I have confused you more than you were before you read this, just text me or call. 603-609-8308. More than happy to clarify.
If you don't mind, could I post this on the Mustang Ecoboost Forum?

I, of course, would like a set in Orange. :like:

i-5vggBVF-L.jpg

John_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sold
Eh, it’s certainly better than the horrible plastic crap most people use. But it’s still fake and just a coverup. To me this is no different from slapping Brembo stickers on factory non Brembo brakes. Get real brakes or stick with what you have.

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Eh, it’s certainly better than the horrible plastic crap most people use. But it’s still fake and just a coverup. To me this is no different from slapping Brembo stickers on factory non Brembo brakes. Get real brakes or stick with what you have.
f38a3608eb31ff68f1b807efdc6155d5337b22e44b385aab9caaa39673bad15f.jpg

I do have Brembo brakes...the fact that Ford decided the rears didn't need to be Brembo doesn't make my car any less a Brembo car. The factory brakes come with decals and I put them in the back to make it more aesthetically pleasing for my own preference. With that logic, we're all posers making modifications to our cars.

Sponsored

John_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sold
f38a3608eb31ff68f1b807efdc6155d5337b22e44b385aab9caaa39673bad15f.jpg

I do have Brembo brakes...the fact that Ford decided the rears didn't need to be Brembo doesn't make my car any less a Brembo car. The factory brakes come with decals and I put them in the back to make it more aesthetically pleasing for my own preference. With that logic, we're all posers making modifications to our cars.
you do not have Brembo brakes in the rear, is the point (and a fact)

the rear brakes are a joke and it’s a shame that ford hasn’t put brembos on the rear. But the fact is they didn’t and slapping on a sticker doesn’t make them brembo calipers. Slapping a GT500 badge doesn’t make it GT500 right? Same thing.

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
you do not have Brembo brakes in the rear, is the point (and a fact)

the rear brakes are a joke and it’s a shame that ford hasn’t put brembos on the rear. But the fact is they didn’t and slapping on a sticker doesn’t make them brembo calipers. Slapping a GT500 badge doesn’t make it GT500 right? Same thing.
OIP.jpg

As I mentioned in the literal first post, it IS a shame that Ford didn't put Brembos in the rear. I also fully acknowledge that this is a aesthetic modification that I've made to the car. I did not refute your point, I said that it didn't really matter since it is as "Brembo" as a 5.0 can get. You're making a point that doesn't need to be made and the only one looking like an asshole here, is you bub.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to express your negative opinion here. There are plenty of functional and non-functional modifications we all make to our cars. Fake hood vents, quarter window panels, fake carbon fiber, caliper covers, etc. We all make modifications that personalize our cars the way we want them. If you don't like that, that is completely cool. Keep walking and keep the negativity to yourself.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I do not understand why people feel they have to do things like that. To each their own...if people want to put caliper covers on to make their car look the way they want, who are you to tell them that it's not right.

John_B

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Sold
OIP.jpg

As I mentioned in the literal first post, it IS a shame that Ford didn't put Brembos in the rear. I also fully acknowledge that this is a aesthetic modification that I've made to the car. I did not refute your point, I said that it didn't really matter since it is as "Brembo" as a 5.0 can get. You're making a point that doesn't need to be made and the only one looking like an asshole here, is you bub.

I'm not sure why you felt the need to express your negative opinion here. There are plenty of functional and non-functional modifications we all make to our cars. Fake hood vents, quarter window panels, fake carbon fiber, caliper covers, etc. We all make modifications that personalize our cars the way we want them. If you don't like that, that is completely cool. Keep walking and keep the negativity to yourself.
The only one who looks like an asshole is the one getting defensive over a different opinion on a public forum. Or the one who’s being a poser by slapping a brembo sticker on fake covers and getting upset when somebody points out the fact they are not brembos. But keep calling it a “brembo car” if that helps you sleep at night.

If you don’t like negativity or facts, don’t post and you won’t hear it. Again, it’s a public forum, you don’t get to be the gatekeeper of your thread and only allow comments from people who agree with you.

We all pay for our own modifications so you do what you want, and I’ll do what i want and that includes speaking my mind... bub!

Last edited:

ApexOverlay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
BMW M6 (6MT, V10), BMW 328xi, Mustang Premium 3.7
I think the only challenge with that is clearance issues with the wheel. Since you have the actual brakes, having a raised section like that would probably interfere with the rear wheel. Although maybe a slight raised center part may be more appropriate to get the look you're after. Good suggestion and am interested to see what @apexdesigns thinks.
We did offer something like what you are asking for in our Gen II PRODUCT LINE. SEE PIC.
A5912652-0CCB-420D-8857-33A04A4170D9.jpeg

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
We did offer something like what you are asking for in our Gen II PRODUCT LINE. SEE PIC.
Very nice, but those are too large to be used on the rear.

ApexOverlay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Of course this makes the overlay 1/2” thick so most OEM front wheels will not have enough room
@ApexOverlay Hey Brian, will you let me know, or us, when you will have the fronts ready or if they won't work, let us know that they won't be coming?

OP, looking good!
Rear is the same but only 2 bumps instead of three View attachment 479643 View attachment 479644
A39CB627-3E01-49A8-8AA3-0FC360970B2A.jpeg
E0D4BE63-FE9B-4B01-8C52-5A5B25093E56.jpeg
D05548A8-1543-4332-82DC-AF9003789DCC.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Of course this makes the overlay 1/2” thick so most OEM front wheels will not have enough room

Rear is the same but only 2 bumps instead of three View attachment 479643 View attachment 479644
A39CB627-3E01-49A8-8AA3-0FC360970B2A.jpeg
E0D4BE63-FE9B-4B01-8C52-5A5B25093E56.jpeg
D05548A8-1543-4332-82DC-AF9003789DCC.jpeg
Those are much better! I would consider these if they didn't have so many screw heads all over. Seems over-the-top (but I'm just picky that way). Do you think it's feasible if I filled in the screw holes I didn't want with body filler and then painted them? Obviously the mounting screw holes would be left alone.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Those are much better! I would consider these if they didn't have so many screw heads all over. Seems over-the-top (but I'm just picky that way). Do you think it's feasible if I filled in the screw holes I didn't want with body filler and then painted them? Obviously the mounting screw holes would be left alone.
Or you could just paint them

ApexOverlay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I think that would work. Some people paint the bolts the same color as the overlay. We do have have these Gen II still available. Classic style in anodize. Easy to paint over.
FF0C1872-0D19-4F74-B5EA-A96628714E0D.jpeg
3A5C2D6D-D708-47C4-A76F-E763070664F1.jpeg
Sponsored