Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
DDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD!!!! Awesome! This is a find and half no doubt. Makes the rear brakes look like high ends. I will definitely order these. Like others, can't wait to see them painted. You going to paint it yourself or shop? If you, rattle can?
Getting them done. I've gone the VHT and the G2 route on my last car, not impressed with either. Looking for a professional job using professional products and have a warrant on the work. I have a guy charging me $350 w/ a 3 year warranty on the paint job.
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Did you drill all the way through like in the video?

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Did you drill all the way through like in the video?
Yep. I followed their instructions. It was a bit unnerving at first, but like they recommended, I drilled to the left of the piston(?) in the bracket.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting them painted to match the body, meaning the fronts and the rears. The rears have to be taken apart, sand blasted, powder coated, and rebuilt. I'm getting both the calipers and the covers body matched as well. If you want a great fit and finish, that ain't cheap bub.
Ok friend, common sense should have told you. I was talking about power coating the covers.

One picture posted had a cover laying on top of a 6 piston caliper. However it is really just getting paint. Oh pardon me, body matched big difference.

Pretty sure brake cleaner will clean em up enough for paint ............... bub

Nothing done correctly is cheap, and as it should be. Offered up an idea that would give the covers a more durable finish, that will hold the color applied.
Rock on

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ok friend, common sense should have told you. I was talking about power coating the covers.

One picture posted had a cover laying on top of a 6 piston caliper. However it is really just getting paint. Oh pardon me, body matched big difference.

Pretty sure brake cleaner will clean em up enough for paint ............... bub

Nothing done correctly is cheap, and as it should be. Offered up an idea that would give the covers a more durable finish, that will hold the color applied.
Rock on
The 6 pistons in the photos are an extra pair I have. The ones getting painted are still on the car. Just saying that powder coating is not a cheap thing to do and was the very first option that I looked into when deciding on which route to go. No hard feelings man.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The 6 pistons in the photos are an extra pair I have. The ones getting painted are still on the car. Just saying that powder coating is not a cheap thing to do and was the very first option that I looked into when deciding on which route to go. No hard feelings man.

All good, no worry & good score on the covers.

pep

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Best alternative I have seen so far...I support it !! Great job to Brain for desiging them

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Alright boys. Be jealous. Photos aren't even doing these justice. Sorry for the inconsistent lighting.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it, between the build quality and the shape/design. This is probably the best out there for less than $200.

sLZ1EP6.jpg

a0cnwxH.jpg

vzdXgsv.jpg

laNwjzs.jpg

ZfoLqMM.jpg

tPmlpFJ.jpg

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Done deal, getting these. Nicely done @Rinzler , outstanding!

Sponsored

CarbonzillaUS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
R
Vehicle(s)
Alright boys. Be jealous. Photos aren't even doing these justice. Sorry for the inconsistent lighting.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it, between the build quality and the shape/design. This is probably the best out there for less than $200.

sLZ1EP6.jpg

a0cnwxH.jpg

vzdXgsv.jpg

laNwjzs.jpg

ZfoLqMM.jpg

tPmlpFJ.jpg
Thanks for finding these, I just ordered them. I have been waiting to powder coat my Brembo’s on the front until I figured out what I was going to do about the rear, I don’t know what they were thinking on the PP1 doing these small ones on the rear. This will be a nice change, thanks again.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Those look great! I don't know if I can convince myself I need these because with exchange $$$.
How did your "guy" paint them? Looks like he sprayed them while on the car. I would have removed the hardware and masked the bleeder valve. The paint may chip or crack when you need to service them that's all.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Those look great! I don't know if I can convince myself I need these because with exchange $$$.
How did your "guy" paint them? Looks like he sprayed them while on the car. I would have removed the hardware and masked the bleeder valve. The paint may chip or crack when you need to service them that's all.
I just got mine ...I have to say ..supper fast shipping .. also the packaging was excellent with directions template, foam padding very professional.. and the product itself very nice!!

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
He used a PPG epoxy paint and clear. They did do them on the car but did a decent job hi prevent overpspray. I will say that yes, it could've been more perfect but I paid less than $400 for the work with a warranty so I can't be THAT upset.