I Made A Little Video From Track Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
So the title says it's a little video, but I made this 25 min video showing my experience at Track Attack. I think it's pretty entertaining, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. For those who haven't been, this will be a good guide for what to expect (and what to get excited for since things are shut down right now.) For the guys who have been (especially at Charlotte) I hope this brings back some good memories for you.

Enjoy!

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
that bronco looked pretty cool behind the velvet ropes, cool vid! I may be more jealous of the airplane than the track time haha

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
that was ridiculously cool. what an experience to fly-by the track on the way in/out. i did the utah TA a yr ago and that black gt350 TA shirt is one of my favorite shirts i own. no kidding.

thanks for the vid. amazing stuff.
Thanks, I appreciate that. Agree on the shirt!

I wish I could have spent a little more time flying the track while 350’s were running, that would have been cool.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
that bronco looked pretty cool behind the velvet ropes, cool vid! I may be more jealous of the airplane than the track time haha
It was definitely a sweet ride. All of the cars behind the rope, and the new GT that got delivered in the middle of the video, belonged to the Smith family that own the track.

Sponsored

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
that looked like an awesome experience, thanks for sharing too!

ive always wanted to do something like this.. the wife wants to also.. maybe one of our birthdays we can both go for an HPDE class or 2

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Nice video, I go on June 11th hopefully. My buddy is an instructor, Aaron Quine, I just saw him a few time in the video and text him. He said he was in your lead follow group.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Nice video, I go on June 11th hopefully. My buddy is an instructor, Aaron Quine, I just saw him a few time in the video and text him. He said he was in your lead follow group.
Funny, I've kept up with Aaron since leaving NC, and I've talked to him about coming to Indy for some instruction. I sent him a link to the video before posting on here :)

Thats right, he was my leader for the second and third session. Great dude! He was probably my favorite of all the instructors (and thats saying something because they are all great guys.) He has the perfect personality for that role!

You're gonna have a blast!!

Sponsored

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Yeah, he said you sent him the link. He's a great guy, I'm really hoping he will be there when I'm there so I can get him for my instructor. He's trying to focus on his tire business and not as much Ford Racing schools this year but that might change with COVID.

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
Great video!

At around 5:30 you mentioned something about the exhaust valves. I think mine are kinda stuck too! They respond to Normal/Sport but they aren’t loud as before in Sport. But I didn’t understand the solution completely. So I just poke’em with a stick and apply some liquid wrench on them? Could you please elaborate on it? Thanks!

Really enjoyed your video!

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Great video!

At around 5:30 you mentioned something about the exhaust valves. I think mine are kinda stuck too! They respond to Normal/Sport but they aren’t loud as before in Sport. But I didn’t understand the solution completely. So I just poke’em with a stick and apply some liquid wrench on them? Could you please elaborate on it? Thanks!

Really enjoyed your video!
I think the simplest thing to do is to shine a light in the tailpipe and see if the valves are closed in normal mode, and open all the way in sport/track mode.

I have no firsthand knowledge of a failure, but they made it sound this simple: If you’ve verified the valves are stuck in one position or only opening half way, spray liquid wrench into the exhaust pipe onto the valve pivot points(presumably with the engine off.) Then by hitting the butterfly valve with a screwdriver handle from inside the pipe, or a hammer outside the pipe, and that will dislodge the stuck valve. Then hit it with liquid wrench again.

Sorry I couldn’t be more help than that!

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Jon thanks for the video! I rarely watch from start to finish any video on internet. But yours I watch in full length. Great video and most importantly informative. After watching your video I now know what to expect. My April 21-22 session has been canceled for obvious reason and rescheduled for July 8-9. I'll be riding my GT350 from Central NJ for about 9 hours straight. Thanks again.

Last edited:

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
You think August track schedules will still be on?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.