I love the mustang…but…

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
How do you explain that you have some Asian brands, including some manufactured here, that have models much cheaper than the Mustang and with a much better quality, especially fit and finish?
Do they offer the same performance for the same cost? 460HP DOHC Direct Injection V8 with 10 speed transmissions? It's all about what Ford decided was worth the most to their buyers. I'm sure they could have better fitting door panels and flawless paint with less performance. It's a trade off.
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Lol I would call you a bitch but I’ll forgive you since you’re Canadian and that’s pretty much instilled in your blood.
my question still stands - what do you expect to get out of this thread? you can put your insult attempts aside for a moment, that's ok and won't make you look any less brave.

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Simple, they get it right the first time, which means the cost doesn't go up from having to do take 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 to get the car out the door correct.

Some of you people clearly expect too much from Ford to assemble a 40-50 thousand dollar mustang as well as a 20 thousand dollar Mazda 3.
I will say, coming from a Mazda 3 and a Mazda CX-5 -- they were junk. Heck, the infotainment wouldn't even work if the temperatures were below zero.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
my question still stands - what do you expect to get out of this thread? you can put your insult attempts aside for a moment, that's ok and won't make you look any less brave.
says the guy who makes passive aggressive back handed comments huh? Lol.
I’ve had a higher up exec from Ford contact me thanks to owner of the dealership. Will QC change? Maybe, maybe not. Will they care? Maybe, maybe not, but at least it’s been brought to their attention and so has many other issues.
Also, since common sense also isn’t apparent with you, I made the post about how I love the car but hate the quality. Never did I say that I expected anyone from Ford to chime in or change anything. It’s a forum to discuss different topics and issues in case you did forget.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
says the guy who makes passive aggressive back handed comments huh? Lol.
I’ve had a higher up exec from Ford contact me thanks to owner of the dealership. Will QC change? Maybe, maybe not. Will they care? Maybe, maybe not, but at least it’s been brought to their attention and so has many other issues.
Also, since common sense also isn’t apparent with you, I made the post about how I love the car but hate the quality. Never did I say that I expected anyone from Ford to chime in or change anything. It’s a forum to discuss different topics and issues in case you did forget.
man, you're overreacting and taking everything too seriously. it's bad for your health, think about it. don't attack people with insults on entire countries just because somebody said something you didn't like.
I see bunch of people in this thread, who don't get your common sense either. maybe it's not that common after all. you ask the question whether you should consider something else and when people respond that maybe you should, it freaks you out.

Sponsored

B.Real

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2020 GT350R
I’m on my 5th mustang in the last 8 years. Never had an issue with any. Fit and finish was great on all. Couple minor issues nothing major. I sure wouldn’t keep buying them if there was issues. That wouldn’t be smart.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
man, you're overreacting and taking everything too seriously. it's bad for your health, think about it. don't attack people with insults on entire countries just because somebody said something you didn't like.
I see bunch of people in this thread, who don't get your common sense either. maybe it's not that common after all. you ask the question whether you should consider something else and when people respond that maybe you should, it freaks you out.
How am I overreacting? I don’t come on here and give people shit when they are already having a hard time. I let people vent because sometimes they need to do they can keep their sanity for the amount the money that’s spent. I work hard for my money and a lot of others do as well. So if someone has a complaint, I don’t call them whiners or bitchers. So yea, when someone sits there’s and calls me some shit, I’m not gonna sit there and take it.

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500
Simple, they get it right the first time, which means the cost doesn't go up from having to do take 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 to get the car out the door correct.

Some of you people clearly expect too much from Ford to assemble a 40-50 thousand dollar mustang as well as a 20 thousand dollar Mazda 3.
And which one did you buy?

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I find it really hard to keep paying the money they are asking for higher tier trims like the 400 or 401 group. This is the third S500 I’ve had that’s new with a list of issues, mainly with the interior.

This 2021 GT I bought a month ago has interior rattles,
scratches/defects on trim, scratched side mirror and passenger door glass, among some other issues and it’s only a 301a group car. As of right now, there are talks with the dealer doing a buy back.

I get no car is perfect but these are notorious for interior quality control issues.

I guess I’m just curious about what makes you continue to spend your hard earned on these cars knowing the issues they have?
I love my Mustang, but I really hate my car.

1. Cold start rattling for 34 seconds.

2. Tap Tap Tap when the engine is hot at idle.

3. Whines like a bitch (I whine about the problems) when transmission is hot.

4. 1750-2500 RPM Rattle

5. Transmission randomly slips when on a hill, first shift of the day, or when coming to a rolling stop and hitting the gas. Almost been in an accident because of it.

6. 1-2 shifts like molasses, car actually slows down and front squats down in between the shift.

7. Latest thing, clunking front end when slowing down.

I have owned two Rangers, three F-150, two Taurus, and now the Mustang. The absolutely biggest Turd I've owned. I will never buy a Ford again. Not because of the problems,but because Ford does not stand behind their product. Instead, they just say, no code, that is normal.

I am in my mid fifties, while I have never been into racing or doing anything to fancy with an engine. In my years, I have built engines, replaced engines, repaired a metric ton of customer discrepancies, built transmissions (was only Chevy back then, 200, 200C, 125C 700, 700R4, 400, 440T4, 425(The absolutely heaviest transmission I ever worked on). Then when I joined the service, I continued working on equipment powered by gas and diesel engines.

So, the fact that anyone can say tapping in an engine or rattling in an engine is normal, is a joke. The bigger joke is the amount of people that believe the lie. Plus, to say, nothing is wrong because a code isn't thrown is another joke. Back on my day it was called trouble shooting.

Yes, I could work on my engine and other problems. But, why should I? Isn't that what warranty is for? I go on and fix it, later down the road, something happens. You know they will find an excuse to not warranty the items. I have 7 year / 120k warranty and lifetime drive train.

Anyways, my 2 cents worth half a cent.

Richard

PS. When I worked for Cadillac, a guy bought a new car and every morning it had a tick for about 5 minutes. Cadillac had us do so much trouble shooting and replacements. It never stopped. After finishing with their directions, we had a new engine in like two days to drop in.

Now, that is taking care of business.

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I’m on my 5th mustang in the last 8 years. Never had an issue with any. Fit and finish was great on all. Couple minor issues nothing major. I sure wouldn’t keep buying them if there was issues. That wouldn’t be smart.
I cant imagine having 5 Mustangs in 8 years UNLESS there are major issues.

Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
And which one did you buy?

I've owned plenty of Ford products and can find things nit pick on all of them, same with all the BMW's I've had. Just because I like the car doesn't mean I can't point out that at times it feels like it was built by a group of hungover alcoholics on a Monday.

Considering my car has a balanced driveshaft with a hose clamp currently (as per dealer warranty work), Ford could do a bit better with assembly.

Don't simp for a multi-billion dollar corporation.

B.Real

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2020 GT350R
I cant imagine having 5 Mustangs in 8 years UNLESS there are major issues.
The 2020 GT500 and 2018 GT350 are in the garage 2020 GT350R is in transit now. 1 was returned after a 3 year lease and I’m driving the current lease car for another year. No issues at all

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The 2020 GT500 and 2018 GT350 are in the garage 2020 GT350R is in transit now. 1 was returned after a 3 year lease and I’m driving the current lease car for another year. No issues at all
I can't imagine having 3 cars in the garage and still feeling the need to lease one. I'd be too busy driving my fav to bother owning the others.

B.Real

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2020 GT350R
I can't imagine having 3 cars in the garage and still feeling the need to lease one. I'd be too busy driving my fav to bother owning the others.
I flip cars for a living. Sometimes I find cars I can’t sell after driving. I have a 2017 Focus RS and 2003 Focus SVT 5.0 and RWD swap. I lease a car for work. It’s strictly for company trips. Not looking to put 25-30k miles a year on the Shelby’s.

KJZ28

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KevinJoyce.HoulihanLawrence.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT SP1
This car feels great to me. It's all perspective, since my first car was a 20 year old Trans Am, 2nd car a ten year old 2002 Camaro, 3rd car a 5 year old 2010 Camaro SS, the 2019 Mustang GT feels like a luxury spaceship comparatively. I will say that because the 2002 Camaro's interior was so simple, it was easy for me to take everything apart, install sound deadning and bolt everything back tightly, it had zero rattles, squeaks, etc. It just looked cheap.
Sponsored