Sponsored

I love the mustang…but…

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Almost all issues are due to sloppy workmanship and no one, from the manufacturer to the dealer really give a crap about quality
For example:
On my brand new 17gtpp the front fascia was about a 1/4 higher in the center top compared to the front of the hood. Very, very noticeable and not only did the car left the factory like that but the selling dealer in charge of doing the inspection before customer delivery couldn’t care less about it and told me that it was due to a stack up of tolerances…
As soon that I got the car home I opened the hood and removed the radiator cover to see what the issue was…
Well, the fascia on the top ledge has holes that fit into pegs that are part of fascia frame for a lack of better word. The hole in the center of the fascia, the exact location that was 1/4 higher than the hood, was resting on top of the peg instead of the peg going through it….
The line worker was simply too lazy to position the fascia correctly…
So, the line worker, supervisor, qc control and finally the dealer are all responsible
Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I’ve learned my lesson on buying a used sports car with a manual transmission, lol.
Yes a manual transmission would give me more worry. Test drive and gauge how to owner treated it.

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
I find it really hard to keep paying the money they are asking for higher tier trims like the 400 or 401 group. This is the third S500 I’ve had that’s new with a list of issues, mainly with the interior.

This 2021 GT I bought a month ago has interior rattles,
scratches/defects on trim, scratched side mirror and passenger door glass, among some other issues and it’s only a 301a group car. As of right now, there are talks with the dealer doing a buy back.

I get no car is perfect but these are notorious for interior quality control issues.

I guess I’m just curious about what makes you continue to spend your hard earned on these cars knowing the issues they have?
for me i dont care about the inside i care about the outside and the engine. cloth seats radio and heat and no back seats thats all i need on the inside. if im worried bout interior ill just get a Cadillac. but thats just my opinion

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
for me i dont care about the inside i care about the outside and the engine. cloth seats radio and heat and no back seats thats all i need on the inside. if im worried bout interior ill just get a Cadillac. but thats just my opinion
I think you missed the point of the post, lol. I don’t give a shit about the interior, I give a shit that it’s rattling so bad for a brand new car, I have to turn the radio up to a deafening amount to barely drown it out. Meaning I can’t have a conversation with anyone in the car without being embarrassed that a brand new car sounds like crap.

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I think you missed the point of the post, lol. I don’t give a shit about the interior, I give a shit that it’s rattling so bad for a brand new car, I have to turn the radio up to a deafening amount to barely drown it out. Meaning I can’t have a conversation with anyone in the car without being embarrassed that a brand new car sounds like crap.
that would kinda piss me off to

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
That’s interesting, when you drive you can only see the interior….

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that would kinda piss me off to
My whole initial post is asking people how they can spend the amount of money they ask for the 400/401a group car with these issues that are occurring.
The dealer will make it right, now doubt about it, so I’m gonna see if they can fix the issue first and if not, they’ll buy it back.
It’s just frustrating to have to deal with this crap.

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
My whole initial post is asking people how they can spend the amount of money they ask for the 400/401a group car with these issues that are occurring.
The dealer will make it right, now doubt about it, so I’m gonna see if they can fix the issue first and if not, they’ll buy it back.
It’s just frustrating to have to deal with this crap.
yeah i have 300a but if i paid extra for the 400/401a and it rattled like a maraca id have them buy the shit back. new car like that rattleing thats bullshit

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah i have 300a but if i paid extra for the 400/401a and it rattled like a maraca id have them buy the shit back. new car like that rattleing thats bullshit
I got the 301a because I wanted the dual climate and sync with CarPlay. 8 miles it had when I bought it and the issue has only gotten worse. I’m going in for surgery at the end of the month so I’ll be dropping it off then and they’ll fix it hopefully.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear of your issues. I ordered my GT/ CS in June and so far I don’t have any quality issues. I’m in charge of quality control in my company and nothing gets me ticked off more than sloppy workmanship and inconsistent builds. Ford has no excuse not to make things right for you. As a consumer you come to expect a basic level of good and consistent products. Good luck And hope you get issues resolved fast.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear of your issues. I ordered my GT/ CS in June and so far I don’t have any quality issues. I’m in charge of quality control in my company and nothing gets me ticked off more than sloppy workmanship and inconsistent builds. Ford has no excuse not to make things right for you. As a consumer you come to expect a basic level of good and consistent products. Good luck And hope you get issues resolved fast.
Idk how much Ford will help, but the owner of the dealer is willing to if they can’t fix it. I’m just worried I’ll go through the whole process of them buying it back and get a new one with the same issues.

Mr whiskers5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I got the 301a because I wanted the dual climate and sync with CarPlay. 8 miles it had when I bought it and the issue has only gotten worse. I’m going in for surgery at the end of the month so I’ll be dropping it off then and they’ll fix it hopefully.
man feel bad ya gotta have surgery at the end of the month that sucks right after christmas. ill say prayer and wish you the best luck while your in there buddy

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
man feel bad ya gotta have surgery at the end of the month that sucks right after christmas. ill say prayer and wish you the best luck while your in there buddy
Thanks man, greatly appreciate it. Lol, #7 in three years and hopefully the last. I wanted to get it done before the year was up so I go in on the 22nd

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
I have a loaded car. My car probably had in the region of 25 very noticeable defects.
I wanted a mustang, and had to swallow the pill of the worst quality car I have ever owned. Period.
And that’s a pretty bad insult as I have bought many new vehicles in the last 40 years.
note , It’s not the design or engineering I have a problem with. Even though some parts are rather cheap, that doesn’t matter.
it’s the build quality. I just can’t imagine how rubbish the management, training and supervision must be at the plant.
Have they no shame ?
I still enjoy the car though.
Sponsored