M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500
And what is your point? Nobody ever said that all Mustang have issues
And the fact that some do and some don’t really point to some line workers doing a poor job
If it was an engineering or design issue, all or none would have those issues
Uh, seems self explanatory to me.
Sponsored

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Bottom line I continue spending my money because I order the car the way I want it and I inspect it fully when it arrives. Anything I find either they fix it, order a new one, or I walk. No need for buy back talk or complaints later.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Bottom line I continue spending my money because I order the car the way I want it and I inspect it fully when it arrives. Anything I find either they fix it, order a new one, or I walk. No need for buy back talk or complaints later.
The issues weren’t initially there and arose over time. Again, people don’t read everything and assume that I didn’t pre-inspect the vehicle, lol.

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
The issues weren’t initially there and arose over time. Again, people don’t read everything and assume that I didn’t pre-inspect the vehicle, lol.
Well actually I did read it completely, You said, "...bought it a month ago", so in reality the problems were there from the beginning. I only mentioned my experience, my '18 GT 401A Premium was purchase in May, '18 and has 32+K miles on it. I live in northern Ohio snow belt and drive daily rear round. I've had no body rattles, defects, etc. Ya, no car is perfect, no matter how much one spends.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well actually I did read it completely, You said, "...bought it a month ago", so in reality the problems were there from the beginning. I only mentioned my experience, my '18 GT 401A Premium was purchase in May, '18 and has 32+K miles on it. I live in northern Ohio snow belt and drive daily rear round. I've had no body rattles, defects, etc. Ya, no car is perfect, no matter how much one spends.
I get that but I get the “you should have looked it over” comments and I did look it over. The only issue that was found was the scratched glass on the passenger side window.
The scratched dash was also found after when I went to detail the interior and some black chemical came off on the microfiber towel as if they had tried to fix it but whatever they used didn’t set/blend properly.
There was a small rattle that wasn’t an issue and I figured it’s just the plastics. But as time went on, everything got worse which is why it’s led to what it has unfortunately.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I'm a little surprised to hear people say if you want better quality, buy a Mercedes or BMW (aka a more expensive car). There's a difference between quality of materials and craftsmanship. Nobody at this price point expects to get a quality of materials found in luxury cars or expensive tech like massaging seats (Okay... okay... the Ford Taurus was an exception. I realize it had massaging seats...).

But we do expect something that's put together by a competent person. We also expect something that isn't damaged goods when we buy it brand new. There shouldn't be a price point you have to meet to get these "standard" qualities. Obviously I'm not talking about every single car from the factory being perfect, that isn't realistic. Also, when the average person is okay with something, accepts something, or never does anything about a particular situation, it hurts us all. It tells a manufacturer they are doing a good job and nothing needs to be changed. Instead of settling or accepting something that's subpar, do something about it. Yes, it's annoying taking your car back to the dealer. But if these car manufacturers want to raise prices so frequently, they BETTER give me a product that's put together by someone better than simple Jack...

simple-jack-1280w.jpg

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
But we do expect something that's put together by a competent person. We also expect something that isn't damaged goods when we buy it brand new. There shouldn't be a price point you have to meet to get these "standard" qualities. Obviously I'm not talking about every single car from the factory being perfect, that isn't realistic. Also, when the average person is okay with something, accepts something, or never does anything about a particular situation, it hurts us all. It tells a manufacturer they are doing a good job and nothing needs to be changed. Instead of settling or accepting something that's subpar, do something about it. Yes, it's annoying taking your car back to the dealer. But if these car manufacturers want to raise prices so frequently, they BETTER give me a product that's put together by someone better than simple Jack...
Quality has a cost, just like materials. There are specific decisions made in the manufacturing process as to how much quality is worth it and at what cost. It's likely the Mustang is already VERY competitive from a price/performance perspective and at the price point, Ford decides what level of quality is acceptable. Sure, they could easily put more quality into it (it's not about the line workers) but there is a cost.

There are tolerances and specifications on defects and workmanship. To send a hood back for a re-alignment to go from 0.5" gap to 0.25" gap cost time and money. That quality will increase the price of the car. Same with door panels, paint, etc. They accept a certain amount of defects given the price point of the car and profit margins.

The reason Mercedes and BMW and others have better quality is simply because tolerances can be tighter at the price points they are asking. There is a higher profit margin. Anyone that has been to Germany knows BMW and Mercedes are just GM and Ford -- a dime a dozen and nothing special - when they export to North America they need to make up for the tariffs so they build with much higher quality materials etc.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
That's a great paint/wheel colour combo. As much as I love my magnetic wheels (don't like black wheels), there's something about how silver wheels put emphasis on themselves.
Thanks!!!

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Quality has a cost, just like materials. There are specific decisions made in the manufacturing process as to how much quality is worth it and at what cost. It's likely the Mustang is already VERY competitive from a price/performance perspective and at the price point, Ford decides what level of quality is acceptable. Sure, they could easily put more quality into it (it's not about the line workers) but there is a cost.

There are tolerances and specifications on defects and workmanship. To send a hood back for a re-alignment to go from 0.5" gap to 0.25" gap cost time and money. That quality will increase the price of the car. Same with door panels, paint, etc. They accept a certain amount of defects given the price point of the car and profit margins.

The reason Mercedes and BMW and others have better quality is simply because tolerances can be tighter at the price points they are asking. There is a higher profit margin. Anyone that has been to Germany knows BMW and Mercedes are just GM and Ford -- a dime a dozen and nothing special - when they export to North America they need to make up for the tariffs so they build with much higher quality materials etc.
How do you explain that you have some Asian brands, including some manufactured here, that have models much cheaper than the Mustang and with a much better quality, especially fit and finish?

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
How do you explain that you have some Asians brand, including some manufactured here, that have models much cheaper than the Mustang and with a much better quality, especially fit and finish?
The new Mazdas have great build quality and excellent materials. Agreed.

Reactions: Ebm

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
How do you explain that you have some Asian brands, including some manufactured here, that have models much cheaper than the Mustang and with a much better quality, especially fit and finish?

Simple, they get it right the first time, which means the cost doesn't go up from having to do take 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 to get the car out the door correct.

Some of you people clearly expect too much from Ford to assemble a 40-50 thousand dollar mustang as well as a 20 thousand dollar Mazda 3.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I absolutely don't see the value in 400/401 trim. I am glad I picked 300. I had 101A on the ecoboost (and I have hte 8" screen on the F150 XLT) and it's kinda useful but shouldn't be priced at $2000 that's for damn sure. $36K for a base GT is within a short distance of acceptable.
I very much wanted the LED instrument cluster, the oil gauge, the adaptive cruise had been useful and the Safe and Smart too and Sync3. The seats look nicer and at least mine the dash is fine no marks, no rattles I can tell and its a 2020. As always "tastes great, no less filling" arguments are okay for both viewpoints. IMHO

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
and the OP has to constantly re-explain.
oh, I thought that this was the sole purpose of this thread - to keep whining re-explain how you need to drive with volume at 20. now I'm interested again - is there anything constructive that you expect to see here? like For execs checking in and responding that they'll fix a QC department for you?

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
oh, I thought that this was the sole purpose of this thread - to keep whining re-explain how you need to drive with volume at 20. now I'm interested again - is there anything constructive that you expect to see here? like For execs checking in and responding that they'll fix a QC department for you?
Lol I would call you a bitch but I’ll forgive you since you’re Canadian and that’s pretty much instilled in your blood.
Sponsored