Sponsored

I know illegal, but has anyone actually driven with DD tri bar RGB?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Set to a different color that is? And has anyone been pulled over?

I was thinking of getting the demon eye kit but apparently I'd need another controller. I already have one for the tri bars and could set that controller to be synced for both RGBW products (Tri bars and demon eyes), but if I want to actually drive with the tri bars, then driving around with red headlight glow would obviously be asking for it.

And in that case I should get a separate controller or maybe just not bother.

Like I know it's illegal, but so are "yellow fogs" or w/e and i've never heard of anyone pulled over for that.

Actually - question number 2. Is a demon eye kit worth it? It'd just be for pictures and parking lot shenanigans. On one hand I'm already opening up the headlight so not too much extra work, on the other hand I would rarely be using it...
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Being pulled over and having it enforced completely depends on your local area so I wouldn't take anyone's answer here with too much weight. I know I've seen them around on the road occasionally though.

Same thing with people driving without working head or tail lights and they don't seem to get pulled over by cops when that is a bigger issue in my opinion.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Being a LEO i can say i have not pulled anyone over for yellow fogs or led lighting. However if you are running a red and blue combo that would lead down another road. I also dont bother people sbout lighting unless they are doing other stupid shit to get noticed.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Is there a law in the US about tail light color? Or would that be a local decision? I've seen pics of the Aussie cars with white taillights, and think that would be a great look for my car.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Is there a law in the US about tail light color? Or would that be a local decision? I've seen pics of the Aussie cars with white taillights, and think that would be a great look for my car.
Yes, taillight bulbs can be amber or red if you have a clear housing, or the bulb can be clear(yellowish) if you have an amber or red taillight. Basically, if the taillight looks yellow or red with the blinkers on, you're fine.

Sponsored

emericA243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecobeast PP
All your questions and answers are depending on your luck and such. I have drive past plenty of cops with color changing lights all over, 5% black tint, etc. Depends on the cop\county\etc.

For your technical, my setup is the following.

BT Controller1: hooked up to my led gills
BT Controller2: Hooked up to my demon eyes

You can hook them all up to one controller, but i like to be able to granually control each light component serparately as well as together.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
In the US-DOT Standards (Department of Transportation) a Federal Agency, has extensive rules and regulations. Running non DOT compliant lighting is not legal. Enforcement is a whole other thing.... If you look closely at your lighting, each piece should have a DOT number...

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, you should just avoid the colored tribar in its entirety. You can still install it, but only use it at meets and in parking lots.

You'll stick out like a sore thumb to law enforcement with red, green, blue, etc. headlights. Same goes with window tint. I'm dying to get 20% tint all around, but it's just another reason to get pulled over for loud exhaust, turn signal, etc.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Honestly, you should just avoid the colored tribar in its entirety. You can still install it, but only use it at meets and in parking lots.

You'll stick out like a sore thumb to law enforcement with red, green, blue, etc. headlights. Same goes with window tint. I'm dying to get 20% tint all around, but it's just another reason to get pulled over for loud exhaust, turn signal, etc.
You'll have more trouble trying to get the car inspected than being pulled over for illegal tint.

CANTA1M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2.3T-T-Turbo Stormtrooper
I dont have the LED boards but I do have the demon eyes. I drive with them on green or purple and havent had any issues what so ever.

Sponsored

csmaan12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Oxford White
Set to a different color that is? And has anyone been pulled over?

I was thinking of getting the demon eye kit but apparently I'd need another controller. I already have one for the tri bars and could set that controller to be synced for both RGBW products (Tri bars and demon eyes), but if I want to actually drive with the tri bars, then driving around with red headlight glow would obviously be asking for it.

And in that case I should get a separate controller or maybe just not bother.

Like I know it's illegal, but so are "yellow fogs" or w/e and i've never heard of anyone pulled over for that.

Actually - question number 2. Is a demon eye kit worth it? It'd just be for pictures and parking lot shenanigans. On one hand I'm already opening up the headlight so not too much extra work, on the other hand I would rarely be using it...
I mean, I don't know Canadian laws and what not...I can tell you this much. My friend has been pulled over for having colored halos, just regular old blue, which the officer didn't ticket him for but basically said the lights cannot imitate the colors of an emergency vehicle. Red/blue/green primarily are the colors.

For display purposes you can do whatever you want, but if you're driving around you have to keep it white or amber...here in the states anyway. So long story short, why attract unnecessary attention, get the RGB lighting, and keep it white while driving then change color to whatever you want while stationary.

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
It’s totally subjective here in Texas. Yes red or blue up front is an instant traffic stop but I have seen guys with green and purple fog lights or leds get pulled over too. Then other times the cops drive by and don’t even look. Now during the day nobody should care but at night is different

fordxgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT 5.0L V8
Vehicle Showcase
It’s totally subjective here in Texas. Yes red or blue up front is an instant traffic stop but I have seen guys with green and purple fog lights or leds get pulled over too. Then other times the cops drive by and don’t even look. Now during the day nobody should care but at night is different
Strange that they are so strict about blue since construction vehicles can have them in TX. As a TX transplant, I was surprised to see a non-police vehicle with blue lights.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
Strange that they are so strict about blue since construction vehicles can have them in TX. As a TX transplant, I was surprised to see a non-police vehicle with blue lights.
Tow Trucks in Kansas have Red and Blue lights.... or was it Missouri. Bugged me out seeing that. I get why as when they are working on the side of the road people see red and blue and usually move over. But when its just amber I see so many not giving them the room.

I also know many states put a blue light on their state road trucks to help draw that extra visibility.

ia2004anderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2
You'll have more trouble trying to get the car inspected than being pulled over for illegal tint.
Only in those states that have inspection. I have never had to get a car inspected in the 6 states I have lived in.
Sponsored