Sponsored

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
Well I called everywhere looking for a car at msrp and no dice. My local dealer had one at 9k over and they were willing to move down to 5k over. I almost pulled the trigger on the car but decided to do a little more looking first. I was on auto trader and a dealer 30 mins from me showed a generic pic of one. I called and they said it had just been unloaded and they actually had 2. To my surprise they said they would sell it to me at sticker. Its a race red stripe delete car. The day after purchasing it I took it by my dads house to let him drive it. Hes a mustang nut and had a boss 302 laguna seca a few years back. He loved the car so much he called the dealer I purchased mine from and negotiated a deal on the other one. It has painted stripes and he told them he was not interested in paying 10k for stripes. He ended up getting the car 5k off msrp. Moral of the story call everywhere and you can get the right deal haha.
Pics of the cars.

IMG_0235(1).jpg

IMG_0234(1).jpg

IMG_0238.jpg
Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Very nice, congrats.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Congrats to you and your Dad! Thats awesome! And congrats on the deal! I watch the old interweb daily and have called every dealer within 500 miles of me that has one spec'd even close to what I'm wanting. When I mention MSRP deal all I get is laughter and actually got hung up on once! Lol!

Enjoy the rides! Both great looking cars!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
Congrats to you and your Dad! Thats awesome! And congrats on the deal! I watch the old interweb daily and have called every dealer within 500 miles of me that has one spec'd even close to what I'm wanting. When I mention MSRP deal all I get is laughter and actually got hung up on once! Lol!

Enjoy the rides! Both great looking cars!
Thanks! I called about 10 dealers and they all told me no way im gunna find one for msrp LOL.

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Well I called everywhere looking for a car at msrp and no dice. My local dealer had one at 9k over and they were willing to move down to 5k over. I almost pulled the trigger on the car but decided to do a little more looking first. I was on auto trader and a dealer 30 mins from me showed a generic pic of one. I called and they said it had just been unloaded and they actually had 2. To my surprise they said they would sell it to me at sticker. Its a race red stripe delete car. The day after purchasing it I took it by my dads house to let him drive it. Hes a mustang nut and had a boss 302 laguna seca a few years back. He loved the car so much he called the dealer I purchased mine from and negotiated a deal on the other one. It has painted stripes and he told them he was not interested in paying 10k for stripes. He ended up getting the car 5k off msrp. Moral of the story call everywhere and you can get the right deal haha.
Pics of the cars.

IMG_0235(1).jpg

IMG_0234(1).jpg

IMG_0238.jpg
What cool Dad. I tried to get the painted stripe but the dealer said no dice.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Thanks! I called about 10 dealers and they all told me no way im gunna find one for msrp LOL.
This. They can all suck it.

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Dad is gonna have a pretty rare car there. Is there any more to this story. Why in the world would they let him have that car for $5k off? Don't mean to be a skeptic, but a base car with painted stripes is pretty rare.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
5k off msrp and you're about less than invoice, a losing proposition for the dealer, big time. Was there a trade involved or something?

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Congrats! They are killer cars! If you ever have any plans to get a few more ponies out of them, hit us up. We have the best deals around and have great exhaust options for the 2020 Gt500. Lethalperformance.com

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Invoice is not the real cost to dealers. I haven't paid above invoice on a vehicle in years. My wife worked in accounting at a dealership some time back and there are dollars below invoice for commissions, spiffs, free window tint or other customer incentives, etc.

Now granted, I haven't bought or even inquired about a GT500 and buying below MSRP let alone below invoice is not likely for me! However, in the OP case, the cars are pretty far north and would likely sit till late spring if they weren't moved out quick, so it is plausible. Otherwise, they would have a lot of money tied up and tax time is a couple of weeks away for them.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I was trying to post a comment on this thread but somehow ended up leaving it in another thread šŸ˜‚

congrats ...

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Invoice is not the real cost to dealers. I haven't paid above invoice on a vehicle in years. My wife worked in accounting at a dealership some time back and there are dollars below invoice for commissions, spiffs, free window tint or other customer incentives, etc.
To be clear, nobody claimed that invoice was THE real cost to dealers. Note the words I used which included holdback, etc. Again, 5k less than msrp and the dealer is eating part of this deal. Remember, there is an associated fee to even be able to order a GT500/GT350 to begin with. There has to be a trade involved where the dealer gained ground back or something is amok.

OP wasn't willing to pay 9k over and settled on 5k over before bailing on the deal. His father wouldn't pay 10k for painted stripes on the same car and so the dealer sold it to him for 5k below msrp, a 10k swing and a loser in terms of profit? Huh?
Sponsored