Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
5k off msrp and you're about less than invoice, a losing proposition for the dealer, big time. Was there a trade involved or something?
dealer has 4% margin min and can absorb 9-11% off MSRP before actually eating into costs.
5/80 = 6% so hardly an imposition. There's just too many people who are only too happy to get fleeced for the privilege of having the car.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That "9-11%" figure, in the context of the GT500 program is incorrect.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Not sure 9-11% is accurate, but it could be even higher. No car maker builds low production halo models to make less profit than on an economy sedan or SUV for themselves or the dealers. Especially when the upfront money to build, hold inventory and warranty are far greater.

Invoice is just a negotiating point and a figure to use for X, Y, Z plans, employee pricing, etc. Dealers are more than happy to show you an invoice (because you can just google it anyway) and everyone thinks they got a great deal if they paid $250 over it. Reality is that dealer cost and invoice cost are far different.

Back to the original post - Congrats and sorry about all of the negativity that you actually got a great deal!!

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
Thanks guys! were loving the cars so far. As far as him getting the car below msrp i purchased mine from them a few days prior. The stripe car was sitting in the showroom for a few months so im sure they wanted to move it. No trade was done he bought it outright. He talked car stickered for 91k. He talked them down to 87k before going in. When he got there he told them he needed another 1k off for paint correction (the paint was swirled BAD). They told him 500 more was the best they could do. He walked out and they grabbed him in the parking lot and said ok to the deal.

Sponsored

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Thanks guys! were loving the cars so far. As far as him getting the car below msrp i purchased mine from them a few days prior. The stripe car was sitting in the showroom for a few months so im sure they wanted to move it. No trade was done he bought it outright. He talked car stickered for 91k. He talked them down to 87k before going in. When he got there he told them he needed another 1k off for paint correction (the paint was swirled BAD). They told him 500 more was the best they could do. He walked out and they grabbed him in the parking lot and said ok to the deal.
Thats awesome Joe.
It's unfortunate that there are always people that are so negative and trying to prove others wrong. Jealous that you got a better deal than them I suppose.
You and your father enjoy your new hotrods.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
AARP discount for dad....? couldn't resist. And yes I qualify for AARP....

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I thought I had a mustang family with my 16 GT and my Dad having a 14 GT and a 95 Cobra. You and your father have taken it to the next level with GT500. I'm impressed and maybe a little jealous :-)

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
I thought I had a mustang family with my 16 GT and my Dad having a 14 GT and a 95 Cobra. You and your father have taken it to the next level with GT500. I'm impressed and maybe a little jealous :-)
My dad and I have both had a lot of mustangs. His last was a boss 302 laguna seca and mine was a 2004 cobra. You could say it runs in the family haha.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
Thats an awesome story, weekends cruises with pops!

Who's the better/faster driver though. ;)

-Josh
Weekend track days! right now I am but he hasnt been on the road course yet. I believe he is going to track the 500 he should catch on fast!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that's the case the just wow...you pulled off a major upset. Kudos to you and your father.

Thats awesome Joe.
It's unfortunate that there are always people that are so negative and trying to prove others wrong. Jealous that you got a better deal than them I suppose.
You and your father enjoy your new hotrods.
Unfortunately there are always people that get emotional and see things as positive/negative and somehow can read minds (I'm gonna prove you wrong!! - wtf?). They also see jealousy in their crystal ball. I always wondered why they don't win when they play the lotto...

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
If that's the case the just wow...you pulled off a major upset. Kudos to you and your father.

Unfortunately there are always people that get emotional and see things as positive/negative and somehow can read minds (I'm gonna prove you wrong!! - wtf?). They also see jealousy in their crystal ball. I always wondered why they don't win when they play the lotto...
I thought i was getting the deal of the year getting one at msrp. I didnt think they would budge below that so I didnt even try. Kinda kicking myself for not trying now.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You did extremely well getting what you got. Consider yourself blessed as countless others paid for a family vacation to Hawaii for somebody and often times a heck of a lot more than that.
Sponsored