OP
OP

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
I like the Ford GT. https://traxxas.com/products/landing/ford-gt/

Know what I'm thinking could be the ultimate in merging videogames, virtual reality and cars......

Put a wide angle camera in the windshield, relay it to a large screen monitor or virtual reality goggles, and set up a steering wheel & pedal station so you can "drive it".

How cool could that be? Instead of just a video game, or just model car racing or just virtual reality.... this would be all 3 combined.

And exponentially cheaper and safer than racing real cars. You could drive a little more crazy or even "bumping" cars in the turns, etc... and it wouldn't cost relatively much in damage.

Your not far off.. This is sort of being done. Ford has 1 that is being used by Joey Hand of the Ford Gannasi racing team to prepare for LeMans for a repeat of last year. He doesn't know the track so he is using their simulator and says it's almost like being in the car real time.
Sponsored

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
I used to be into Traxxas cars. Their fun, and expensive - can spend $$$ on additional bodies, suspension parts, etc...

I had 2 - a Nitro (fuel) car for the summer and a electric monster truck to play with in the house in the winter. Had a Viper body on the car.

See if you can find a local club first or others with one - otherwise it's just you showing it to friends or scaring dogs and it gets a little boring after a while, haha.
Yea I recommend nitro because you can play with it almost unlimited, must have spare glow plugs. Also I think if I bought another one I'd get a truck, it's hard to find decent pavement for the cars

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Your not far off.. This is sort of being done. Ford has 1 that is being used by Joey Hand of the Ford Gannasi racing team to prepare for LeMans for a repeat of last year. He doesn't know the track so he is using their simulator and says it's almost like being in the car real time.
Yeah, sims & now VR are used all the time in training. But what I'm talking about is putting something in the real world that we control in use too, so there's the unknown variables thrown in... dust, wind, bumping, etc... just things that don't translate in VR/sims as well.

And it would have more meaning if you won just b/c it was a "real 'robotic race car' race".

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
I have an old Traxxus chassis. Dumb question but with this Mustang, does the shell still come clear and unpainted, or since it is officially licensed is it already prepainted?

1/10 scale Oxford white Mustang sounds fun to me.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I used to race 1/10th 4x4 short course until they closed the track down near me. Now I just bash with my SC8e. The onroad stuff is probably much funner on a track.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
[MENTION=22246]Fordever[/MENTION]

Yes, it needs to match. (OCD :) ) Other colors are great too, but I'm partial to red. We also like fire trucks, (but only the red ones). :D
Red is easy to get hooked on. My F150 is Ruby Red. Was gonna buy my Mustang the same colour. Both my in-laws vehicles are red. My last family vehicle was red. So I decided to change it up. I would love a ruby or race red mustang, but I am loving my OW. No regrets whatsoever. :love:

BTW, there is a 2016 Race Red GT/CS convertible in my town and it's absolutely gorgeous. :thumbsup: I need to get some pics of it side by side with mine :D

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
[MENTION=22246]Fordever[/MENTION]

Yes, it needs to match. (OCD :) ) Other colors are great too, but I'm partial to red. We also like fire trucks, (but only the red ones). :D
My theory is that every car has one perfect color, though some really nice looking cars can work in other colors too. For me with the Mustang, it's Oxford White.

Nice Chevelle, by the way. :thumbsup: Looks like a '71? I had a '69 back in high school, but it wasn't an SS, it was just a 307. It was a great car.
Sponsored