gone_n_60

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Trust me, I am happy for you. I do believe the Mustang is relatively reliable and hopefully that will continue to be that way well into the future.

On the other hand, you shouldn't put all your full faith into JD Power... It is definitely a good recourse to look at but it is also a marketing company, so they tell you the things people pay them to tell you. This is coming from the same company that stated in Dodge and Land Rover rated best in initial quality. THESE companies? How long were those vehicles rated? Best initial quality in the first few weeks? 🤣💩 That coupled with the record amount of recalls Ford has been issuing across the lineup ever since covid messed with their manufacturing... Mustang so far has been pretty good, but please take that report with a grain of salt.

Just make sure to do your own research on things. I am sure you have a good car though. :)
You might want to read or reread replies in this thread, the subject came up pretty fast. And replies, appreciate the sentiment.
Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Ford makes a good product. 89 and 90 5.0s ran into the mid to high 100k mile mark and needed just regular maintenance. F 150, 250s,350 all run long and well. Minor glitches here and there. So far, the s550s have been great to me. 🤞

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
So wait. I’d like to be sure I have this right. You actually believe J.D. Power somehow accepts direct remuneration from manufacturers to boost the ratings on their products?

Wow. You should go public with this. You’re on the verge of taking down the oldest and largest customer satisfaction rankings firm out there. Congratulations!
Please return to the thread when you have some factual working knowledge of JD Powers.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Never, ever, ever, under any circumstances own a BMW out of warranty. Believe me, I speak from first hand experience. Need air in the tires? $2000. Need a shift knob? $2000. I am being silly, I know, but this is not far removed from the truth. Never had a more expensive car to fix.
I have owned 3 BMWs and I'm getting another one next week. Certainly, a warranty is nice to have, but it is more a matter of knowing which models to buy and at what mileage things are going to need work. It's also a good idea to know who you are buying from. It requires a lot more homework than a lot of cars. Those that I owned were all purchased with over 50k miles. In the time I owned them, I averaged $1200 per year on repairs.

Sponsored

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The S550 platform is solid in general. I have a 16 with just under 50k. Not much mileage wise but the car is now 7 years old. The only reliability issue I’ve had up to now is an IMRC failure that was replaced under warranty.

I do have some type of clutch issue I am in the works of addressing, but technically that’s a “wear and tear” item.

My first GT (a 2000) I bought at 93k and it survived pretty well to its current 164k. Intake manifold coolant crossover cracked, replaced a couple of brake calipers, and fuel pump were really the big items with that car that weren’t a direct result of abuse (clutch and rear end, due to running nitrous and track time).

Sean22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT Premium
From Hotcars on the 10 Most Reliable Mustangs:

The 2020 Mustang is part of the current sixth generation to come out of the Mustang stable, and it's got a redesign from the previous S197 platform to the S550 platform. It’s got a reliability rating of 88 and an overall rating of 85 from J.D. Power. Considering that's very near the 'Best' category on J.D. Power, that is quite an achievement. Some may argue that the 2020 Mustang is the most reliable at the present time.

Of course that's my year!
I'm hoping the same with my '22 GT Premium

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Good to hear about so many good running Mustangs. I still am filled with joy when I go for a ride in my 2020 Ecoboost HPP Mustang. I say to Ford , Keep the good times rolling.
Sponsored