Sponsored

I joined the GT350 Road Race Track Club

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Now that is a lot
If you go read the track mustang forums, every person with a lot of track time in these cars recommends ~3 deg if in a sticky street tire and more than 3 when you get to a really sticky tire.

I went compromise and am in the 2.7, range.
Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
If you go read the track mustang forums, every person with a lot of track time in these cars recommends ~3 deg if in a sticky street tire and more than 3 when you get to a really sticky tire.

I went compromise and am in the 2.7, range.
I read the tires. And, I had Billy look at them as well.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey sounds like thats what is right for you then. The tire temps and wear don't lie 👍

I was primarily responding to the person that said 3 was a lot and was running 1.5.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Are you running cup2's? Those respond differently than tires that aren't dual compound like that IMO, and need to work that outer half of the tire. I really think OEM's use those tires specifically because they can work with more streetable camber settings and still set a great lap time.

Great tires for sure, but I can't deal with the cost for one great day, one medium day, and then less grip than a super sport....

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you running cup2's? Those respond differently than tires that aren't dual compound like that IMO, and need to work that outer half of the tire. I really think OEM's use those tires specifically because they can work with more streetable camber settings and still set a great lap time.

Great tires for sure, but I can't deal with the cost for one great day, one medium day, and then less grip than a super sport....
Just keep in mind there are many many versions of cup 2s.

The super sticky 350R ones fall off hard, but the 2019-2020 350 ones will last longer than PS4S (which will destroy the outer shoulder, over heat, and start chunking out from what I have seen.)

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Just keep in mind there are many many versions of cup 2s.

The super sticky 350R ones fall off hard, but the 2019-2020 350 ones will last longer than PS4S (which will destroy the outer shoulder, over heat, and start chunking out from what I have seen.)
I don't consider the 4s a great track tire, it's a great all around though. and my 2019 non R spec ripped the center cord off the fronts in 3.5 days... They didn't fall off that bad, but weren't much faster than the oem supersport sizes either IMO. So those are also not worth the money IMO, but my experience may not mirror others!

I can get 6-8 days out of supercar 3 tires, and they are pretty consistent till the end, day one is still the best, but the other days are good fun.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't consider the 4s a great track tire, it's a great all around though. and my 2019 non R spec ripped the center cord off the fronts in 3.5 days... They didn't fall off that bad, but weren't much faster than the oem supersport sizes either IMO. So those are also not worth the money IMO, but my experience may not mirror others!

I can get 6-8 days out of supercar 3 tires, and they are pretty consistent till the end, day one is still the best, but the other days are good fun.
I will be trying SC3 next. Not fast, but consistent and good for learning from what I hear.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

Yes, the R cup 2s. And I agree, stupid price. I will likely try the Hankook slicks. They are about the same price but I am told they last longer. If I were to use the goodyear I would go the 3R which is probably similar to the R 2s

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Hey sounds like thats what is right for you then. The tire temps and wear don't lie 👍

I was primarily responding to the person that said 3 was a lot and was running 1.5.
Agreed. Driving style and aggression has a lot to do with it

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I've used the 3R too once, it was def fast and grippy, my only issue was they oddly corded on the insides for me on day 4. I may try them again though, and def would choose them over the Cup2 R. Might put toe in a little to see if that fixes the issue.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I wish that I could get good new tires. They are not available here.

I did tire temps on the front tires first. It was especially hot on the front tires on a short road course.

I think Road Atlanta may be better with less negative camber as well as Road America.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish that I could get good new tires. They are not available here.

I did tire temps on the front tires first. It was especially hot on the front tires on a short road course.

I think Road Atlanta may be better with less negative camber as well as Road America.
What do you mean not available here? Are you CONUS?

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Conus?

I am saying I can't get the correct Michelin Cup 2 FN tires in 295-ZR and 305-ZR.

The oil filters are also hard to find. I also can't find a 2021 Mustang GT500, a 2-door Bronco, or a nice F-150.

Guess what? We have a supply chain problem.

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Conus?

I am saying I can't get the correct Michelin Cup 2 FN tires in 295-ZR and 305-ZR.

The oil filters are also hard to find. I also can't find a 2021 Mustang GT500, a 2-door Bronco, or a nice F-150.

Guess what? We have a supply chain problem.
Sorry CONUS is common abbreviation for "Continental United States". You said you couldn't get good new tires and I was surprised because there are a ton of awesome tires readily available!
Sponsored