Sponsored

I Joined The Club: C7 Z06 to a Shelby GT350

Jaws12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
1st post but a longtime browser and reader of this forum.

As an introduction, I'm a pretty big enthusiast and I've owned multiple high-end sports cars in the past (12 Vette, 13 911s, Maserati, AMG, M cars, etc...). Generally speaking, I always alternate back and forth between Corvette and 911s occasionally switching things up to other brands.

I drive the cars a lot, never babied, except never in snow or extreme cold. I have a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro for that.

I have been driving a 2017 3LZ Z06/Z07 for the past 3 months and wasn't falling in love with the car. The C7s are amazing, but there are always certain things that make the ownership experience strained.

I drove by my local Ford dealership last week and they were unloading a 2018 GT350 with the following build:
  1. Oxford White
  2. Blue Stripes
  3. Electronics Package
  4. Car Cover

Took the car for a drive and instantly fell in love.

Obviously, the Z06 is faster and has a nicer interior material quality, but the GT350 just ticked all of the boxes for me. The exhaust note (duh), the added space, the Recaro seats (sat in a convenience pkg car as well, hated the seats and I'm 6'3" 260 lbs), the iconic color scheme, great tech with Sync3.

I am in the process of selling my 2017 Acura NSX and I still have a 2017 911GT3 as a dedicated track toy. I was driving the Z06 as my daily driver. Getting in and out is a chore and I wasn't remotely utilizing the car near its potential.

The GT350 is a more comfortable and more emotive daily driver, great handling, good power, great transmission, more exclusive, and just as fun daily driver.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the community and hoping to get some great advice, ideas, and knowledge from this community.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jaws12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Also, I wanted to share that I received a $2k discount on the GT350.

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
NICE!! Welcome to the community

TheTxPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 White GT Vert
2k discount off MSRP? I am looking to purchase a 2018 leadfoot 350 and 3 dealerships in my area are asking 7,500-10,000 ADM!

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Welcome to the Shelby side

Sponsored

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
2k discount off MSRP? I am looking to purchase a 2018 leadfoot 350 and 3 dealerships in my area are asking 7,500-10,000 ADM!
Cause So Cal crazy dealers ! Go out of State and get it under msrp now.....

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350, 2019 Mustang GT

As an introduction, I'm a pretty big enthusiast and I've owned multiple high-end sports cars in the past (12 Vette, 13 911s, Maserati, AMG, M cars, etc...). Generally speaking, I always alternate back and forth between Corvette and 911s occasionally switching things up to other brands.

I drive the cars a lot, never babied, except never in snow or extreme cold. I have a 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro for that.

I have been driving a 2017 3LZ Z06/Z07 for the past 3 months and wasn't falling in love with the car. The C7s are amazing, but there are always certain things that make the ownership experience strained.

I drove by my local Ford dealership last week and they were unloading a 2018 GT350 with the following build:
  1. Oxford White
  2. Blue Stripes
  3. Electronics Package
  4. Car Cover

Obviously, the Z06 is faster and has a nicer interior material quality, but the GT350 just ticked all of the boxes for me. The exhaust note (duh), the added space, the Recaro seats (sat in a convenience pkg car as well, hated the seats and I'm 6'3" 260 lbs), the iconic color scheme, great tech with Sync3.

I am in the process of selling my 2017 Acura NSX and I still have a 2017 911GT3 as a dedicated track toy. I was driving the Z06 as my daily driver. Getting in and out is a chore and I wasn't remotely utilizing the car near its potential.

The GT350 is a more comfortable and more emotive daily driver, great handling, good power, great transmission, more exclusive, and just as fun daily driver.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the community and hoping to get some great advice, ideas, and knowledge from this community.
Nice stable of cars. A GT3 would be a nice track toy. The GT350 is no slouch on the track either. Very fun

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Congrats on your GT350 purchase. Why are you are selling the '17 NSX?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jaws12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I'm selling the NSX because I actually do not like it.

Fast, handles great, somewhat exotic, but totally lacking in emotion.

Unless you have the car set in Sport+ it is like driving an Accord.

Plus, because of how discounted the NSX was ($199,800 sticker, discounted to $162K, plus a $30K cash incentive), I am making $30k on the transaction.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Welcome to the party and nice color choice!

(I'm sure you've done the research on all things GT350 - splitter, oil filter, panel gap, etc.)

Great collection of cars. I've been thinking of picking up a GT3 myself, but have a hard time tracking anything that nice. For some reason, tracking a GT350 is okay though....haha

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

1. Oxford White
  2. Blue Stripes
  3. Electronics Package
  4. Car Cover

Plus, because of how discounted the NSX was ($199,800 sticker, discounted to $162K, plus a $30K cash incentive), I am making $30k on the transaction.
Wow! Welcome. First congrats on the GT350... not perfect, but it's a hell of a very fun car to drive for sure. Too bad the new NSX lacks emotions.... I had a deposit on an allocation awhile ago when it was first revealed and then changed my mind once I read/saw more feedback & reviews plus IMO it's overpriced and thus depreciates in no time.

I was also an ex-C7 Z06 owner like you and my reason was it wasn't robust enough therefore not consistently reliable for me as a track/street car. I did have tons of fun with it... tracked it alot and GM did fulfill their end but to sum it up I felt it's basically a one-lap wonder. A very fast one though!

Post some pics of your new Shelby... that's a nice color combo. Let's see it flanking the GT3 as well. You mentioned 2017.... there was no MY2017 model for the .2 so I presume yours is a MY2018? Unless a .1 which was 2014-2016. :thumbsup:

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378

I understand what you mean. I have a '91 NSX and an Accord. The NSX does not drive like the Accord. I was looking to buy another (2017) NSX, then found the current GT350. No regrets going with the GT350, especially since the R has been tested as the faster track car of the two (and offerd at a third of the price).

OP
OP

Jaws12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Yes. You are correct. No MY2017 GT3.

It was a typo. It is a 2015.
Sponsored