Sponsored

I hate the Pirelli P Zero Summer Only tires...

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
...does anyone have a favorite all season they would suggest that does well in the rain?

I thought of adding winter tires since it does snow a lot at our elevation, but I have a truck I drive in the snow. Also, once you get about a 1/2 mile down the mountain the snow turns to rain here.

I have previously always gone with Pilot Sport PS4s but I am open to suggestions if someone knows a better option or an "as good" option for less money.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
I feel pretty good with Firehawk Indy 500s in the rain and boy does it come down hard where I'm at. Other than that, maybe some good Bridgestone Potenzas?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Why do you hate pzero's?
PS4 is not all-season. If it snows, it's too cold for any summer-only tires. What are your ambient temps?

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Why do you hate pzero's?
PS4 is not all-season. If it snows, it's too cold for any summer-only tires. What are your ambient temps?
The summer tires (at least the Pirelli summer tires, because that's all I've known) were useless, if not downright dangerous, below 40°. He probably means the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4. I just picked up a set for colder weather driving. They seem pretty nice.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Why do you hate pzero's?
Because they're garbage tires that have terrible life expectancy and zero grip in warm conditions, wet conditions, cold conditions, dry conditions? In basically any circumstance, they're the worst possible option.

JR

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
...does anyone have a favorite all season they would suggest that does well in the rain?
Conti DWS 06 (plus). They WILL flat-spot overnight in freezing temps. Don't know how well they work in snow - probably not great. But they were good in cold (non freezing) rain.

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Potenza RE980AS+, bought these on sale, great all around tire, wet/standing water and no issues in 20* temps. I even autocross it in very cold temperatures.

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Potenza RE980AS+, bought these on sale, great all around tire, wet/standing water and no issues in 20* temps. I even autocross it in very cold temperatures.
I use those on my wife's Corolla. Great tire. Only complaint is how often I need to fill them. Worth it though considering their performance and life.

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
that's not the reason to hate them 😄.
There is nothing wrong about summer tires not working well when it's not summer at all.
Well, I didn't actually say I hated them... However, in the winter, I hated that I only had summer tires!

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Because they're garbage tires that have terrible life expectancy and zero grip in warm conditions, wet conditions, cold conditions, dry conditions? In basically any circumstance, they're the worst possible option.

JR
I'm sure there are worse options than pzero out there. 😉
I actually tried them on the track and they were holding well beyond what a reasonable driver can do on public roads.
I agree on terrible wear aspect and that would be the key reason why I would not buy them again. Other than that, they are just ok for daily driving. Not superb, but no reason to be hated either. Yes, you need to put some heat into them first on chilly days. On a flip side, you can have some great fun with them as well 😉.

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
TV
Why do you hate pzero's?
Marginal grip, horrible tread life, and heaven forbid it rain in the summer or you are hydroplaning home. I meant the AS4…not PS4. I have a bad case of clumsy thumbs.

OP
OP
TheYankeeMarshal

TheYankeeMarshal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Yankee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Okay, from what I can find locally I am narrowing it down to one of two tires

Continental Control Contact Sport SRS

or
Michelin - Pilot Sport All Season 4

Opinions?

Last edited:

DansFLHTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Has anyone tried the GoodYear Eagle Exhilarate or F1 Asymmetric all-season? They would be for a 2016 convertible GT, summer only highway driving.
Sponsored