K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Respect goes a long way.
Had he left a note or looked for me in the restaurant I probably would have let it go.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Had he left a note or looked for me in the restaurant I probably would have let it go.
That’s what I don’t get. If this moron knew he hit your car, why the hell didn’t he move? Maybe he felt guilty and knew you would come looking for him. He did pay up so I’ll give him that.

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
That’s what I don’t get. If this moron knew he hit your car, why the hell didn’t he move?
There is a possibility he didn't know his kid hit my car. He was sitting at a table where he could see our cars. I'm sure he saw me looking at the damage and at his car.

Now that I'm past it I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Local body shop says 200. I might try that chip fix thing.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
He did a good thing though and gave you some money to take care of it. 👍🏻

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I went to a restaurant today off hours. The parking lot was empty. I parked and went to eat. As I was leaving a party of 4 entered. When I got outside I see this silver POS parked 2 feet from my drivers door. So I looked for chips in my paint. Sure enough my door handle has a chip out of it, no note on my windshield.

I saw red. Went inside and confronted the inconsiderate a hole. He didn't admit to anyone opening the door and hitting my car but didn't deny it either. I gave hin 2 choices I call the police and file an insurance claim or he gives me 100 dollars. He gave up the cash quick.

I don't know if 100 will fix this or not.

His excuse for parking so close to me was a PU was in the other spot and crowding the line. I looked out the window and said What about the 300 other spots you could park.

I was not in the very front either, there were plenty of spaces closer to the door.

Water spots are due to wet roads.
chip.jpg
Looking at that pic, how many times did he open and close his door into yours - because that looks like multiple hits.

Sponsored

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
The gap was so narrow, and these were not skinny people, I can believe the door was left touching my car while they got out. I'm sure it got rubbed.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
just buy the ford touch up pen with your color, cost 25 bucks. I personally avoid confrontation unless its massive, like my car was rammed into

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
That sucks OP.
Some people are just shit. I don't know if it's jealousy or just stupidity/carelessness. Either way, it sucks.
Good luck man.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks OP.
Some people are just shit. I don't know if it's jealousy or just stupidity/carelessness. Either way, it sucks.
Good luck man.
first month I had car, I had window cracked, I came out from store, someone tossed a can of chew in my car, and spit dip in my car, and it even rolled down my window, and was on my seat.

I was so mad, such trash. but they didn't key my car, so no big deal. fortunately came out just fine w cleaner.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
People like this are why I have a 20 year old beater for errands. Such inconsiderate trash. Ive had good luck with the Motorcraft paint pen for rock chips though. As long as you aren't foolish enough to use the brush, it is easy and the match is perfect.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
People like this are why I have a 20 year old beater for errands. Such inconsiderate trash. Ive had good luck with the Motorcraft paint pen for rock chips though. As long as you aren't foolish enough to use the brush, it is easy and the match is perfect.
I use a needle from a sewing kit, I touch the paint with the needle and I dab it into the crack or spot, and I move it around. then clear idc so much about, I put a larger bump of it than I need, it will cure, and shrink, then I use a polish and polish it smooth, it removes any excess outside the circle.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I use a needle from a sewing kit, I touch the paint with the needle and I dab it into the crack or spot, and I move it around. then clear idc so much about, I put a larger bump of it than I need, it will cure, and shrink, then I use a polish and polish it smooth, it removes any excess outside the circle.
Thats the correct way, yes. I'm lazy so I use the pen tip and press lightly, a drop will come out and fill the chip. Then that's it. I don't care to come back and layer, clear coat, polish or any of that. If I did I'd go mad. The paint on these cars I horrible and chips if you look at it wrong, and the highways are brutal. We have some quarries and the truck drivers that drive around full of rocks and sand are always dropping shit everywhere. Oh, and they drive at like 85-90 in the left two lanes so you can't even pass them a lot of times.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thats the correct way, yes. I'm lazy so I use the pen tip and press lightly, a drop will come out and fill the chip. Then that's it. I don't care to come back and layer, clear coat, polish or any of that. If I did I'd go mad. The paint on these cars I horrible and chips if you look at it wrong, and the highways are brutal. We have some quarries and the truck drivers that drive around full of rocks and sand are always dropping shit everywhere. Oh, and they drive at like 85-90 in the left two lanes so you can't even pass them a lot of times.
too bad you aren't near, give me some food and sodas and id go to town. I enjoyed running around touching up all my chips, I let the clear dry for 24 hours before I went over with a polishing compound and microfiber. then I forget all about ever having them. lol

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
That’s messed up. Not sure how you feel about door handle covers, but they make them in gloss black and carbon fiber. Pricing ranges from $25-$55.
Because of the general degradation in society that we are all privileged to see happen right before our eyes, this is becoming more common as the days go by. People just don’t care at all. In a crowded lot, I try to find other mustangs. We generally are more careful.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
first month I had car, I had window cracked, I came out from store, someone tossed a can of chew in my car, and spit dip in my car, and it even rolled down my window, and was on my seat.

I was so mad, such trash. but they didn't key my car, so no big deal. fortunately came out just fine w cleaner.
Wow, that is terrible. I would be on fire.
Sponsored