Sponsored

I hate my seatbelt!!!! It's choking me!!

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
the belts suck,too much tension ....same as my F150.

I think these so called engineers are cluless

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
6" seat belt extender resolved this problem entirely. Now it's very comfy and no longer pulls or chokes. Just buy one off Amazon and be done with it. A shoulder cover isn't going to fix the problem of it being pulled on your neck and shoulders.
These belts really are uncomfortable. I took a friend for a ride and in 15 min he remarked on them. I bought the extenders and some memory foam or something pads from Amazon and they are better but not great.I had an '87 Fiero GT that had the best belts ever. You could pull it away a bit and give it a little tug and like a venetian blind they would stay that way.zero tension. It must have been a one year thing,because I've never seen it on any other cars,too bad.

FN2187

Changed to "project85"
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IG: proj85
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I find myself adjusting the belt every once and awhile... it gets does go "boa constrictor" on you after some time.

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
there must be a way to loosen the tension without completely breaking it.

i have pads and extender. pad does basically nothing. extender brings the buckle very close to the center of my waist (which does not feel safe at all) and still doesn't fix the belt digging into my chest and left shoulder.

I'm also thinking of rigging up something attached to the headrest to guide the belt better when not inside the loop so it isn't forced down on my shoulder.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Guess you folks don't realize that seat belt extensions are free from Ford at your Dealer. They're legally bound to provide you with them at request. When they order them it doesn't cost them a dime from Ford. I use to give them out weekly.

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
Guess you folks don't realize that seat belt extensions are free from Ford at your Dealer. They're legally bound to provide you with them at request. When they order them it doesn't cost them a dime from Ford. I use to give them out weekly.
Of course we dont realize this.If we did we wouldnt have bought them. I hope your wrong so I dont feel quite so dumb.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
Can anyone confirm this?

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I have to pull mine to let some slack out every now and then tried the seat loop like it better without it never rubs my neck though im 6'3:shrug:

Sponsored

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
Can anyone confirm this?
I went to my local dealer and was told they didn't have them for the S550. Wasn't even a part number, he sent a request to the main parts hub and it came back as unavailable.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I went to my local dealer and was told they didn't have them for the S550. Wasn't even a part number, he sent a request to the main parts hub and it came back as unavailable.
They're not vehicle specific. It's a generic part number we've used with every single car. My father is still the parts manager after 33 years and I worked at the same dealer for 5. On my last day I had a nice older couple that I ordered a few extenders for come by and pick them up. I'll see if I can dig the part number up.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
pardon my shitty paint work, but does anyone else have this problem with the extenders?

red is the extender and the belt attached to it.
grey would be the position of belt before extender.

when using the extender, my belt gets this angle which pushes the buckle into my abdomen (almost the center). it refuses to lay straight across (like before, in grey). this also causes the belt to not be across my hips/ top of thighs (where it should be for safety). does this happen to anyone else?
haha.jpg

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
I wasn't sure how the extender would help either but this image gave me a better idea. You can tell that the belt is pushed further over so it's less likely to hit your neck.

81gIQqlcosL._SY450_.jpg
Sponsored