I hate Christmas.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Christmas isn't about being a good person. It's about celebrating God's Gift to us. If buying gifts is what has been your experience, I agree. Christmas has lots of memories and those of us that experienced love and compassion, it's awesome. We cannot wait to give to family, friends and strangers. But for many it was about stuff. Sorry for your experience.
Except it was originally a pagan holiday and even in Christian religion, Jesus is actually believed to be born more around May or June, not December. So while i have always celebrated it with my family, i don't consider it about "gods gift". I enjoy it because of family and friends. Although growing up a lot of my family celebrated it for religious reasons as well.

To each their own i guess.
Sponsored

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
My friends and family do a pretty good job of making it meaningful. We'll remember something someone wanted in July and get it for them for Christmas and it's always a fun surprise. And/or we'll make something meaningful. This year I'm brewing a bourbon barrel Porter for my parents that's done and aging in oak until Christmas. I'm also going to paint my dad's Mustang - like a canvas oil painting. I'm not half bad, but if I can pull it off, it should be one of my best paintings. IF, and it's a big if, it turns out well, he will freak.