I hate Christmas.

S550VertCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2013 V6 Mustang Convertible, 2020 GT Convertible CS
Man the stores are already full on Christmas everywhere trees and lights and snowmen and we are still 2 and half months out with 2 other holidays to go. Plus as a kid I had parents who always used Christmas a s a reason to get me the stuff they should have been getting all year ... Cloths, underwear, and once a tool box, no tools just the box. Now I have a significant other who has no spirt what so ever her idea of Christmas is to wait till the day before and go "what do you want"... if she even does that. I have no family alive to do anything with ... eh ba humbug. Lets just say special occasions have never been special for me. But hey Merry/Happy Non denominational special calibration day that lasts three months to all be over by noon on the 25th. With many credit card bills to come. Or celebrate the birth of Christ, which most religious scholars say was not even close to that date, by decorating a tree which was a pagan tradition.... man we are so messed up LOL

I think we should just call it give ungrateful kids I crap day and regifted candle to co worker day. Or the no one cares about you or putting effort into you so heres a gift card day.
Christmas is what you make of it. Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year because I spend it with the 2 people i love most, and the traditions we have are treasured and remembered and memories have been made. Xmas is about gifts only if you make it about that. Xmas is about religion, if you are religious. Make Xmas a time you and yours enjoy and love and the day becomes something special. My Xmas will never be ruined by what retail sales do, or by what anyone else says Xmas is or isnt. For me, its one of the best days of the year for me and my family and we would not trade it for the world.
Sponsored

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Put me down as a Christmas lover - and I am an atheist! I have always loved it. Married with 2 kids (which I am sure helps), but I just really enjoy everything about the season. Putting up lights, enjoying family, the music (I know many hate it, but I love it. TSO is probably my favorite band), spoiling everyone.

We have been lucky in life, so every year we "adopt" a family (or 2) through a program at work and buy Christmas gifts or all their kids. We save for it through the year and it is one of our favorite things to do.

Also - how can you hate eggnog! Tried Alton Brown's recipe this year and about a gallon has been aging about 6 weeks so far. Looking forward to cracking them come ~Thanksgiving and enjoying through the season.
[/QUOTE
Bravo to you. :clap::like: I feel better just reading your post.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
BIG Christmas guy here. Love the music. It starts up at the the Monday after Thanksgiving. Rat Pack Christmas is one of favs. We go every year and cut a tree down (they all complain about it, but they also secretly enjoy it). I try and make midnight mass if I can. The gift wrapping is one of the things I love to do. when wrapping things for my wife, I try and make sure the pattern in the paper follows the seams.

In the past, we've adopted a family or two, or donated to a group that has. Our church has a program where we adopt kids who have a parent in jail/prison. We would buy gifts for the child, from the parent, then deliver the gifts to the child. We try and get a picture of the child holding the wrapped present to give to the parent in custody.

And I sing along with all of the songs, both religious and secular. Out of key/tune, but I don't care. Sing loud and proud, haters go hate, don't care!
It's a wonderful life would be proud of you. Very inspiring.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Christmas is what you make of it. Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year because I spend it with the 2 people i love most, and the traditions we have are treasured and remembered and memories have been made. Xmas is about gifts only if you make it about that. Xmas is about religion, if you are religious. Make Xmas a time you and yours enjoy and love and the day becomes something special. My Xmas will never be ruined by what retail sales do, or by what anyone else says Xmas is or isnt. For me, its one of the best days of the year for me and my family and we would not trade it for the world.
Well said :rockon:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
over rated, over sold, over it.
Yup glad im not the only one. PLus i get sick of the money grabs by trying to make you sad and pull your heart strings... this kids dieing, this dog is dieing, this needs this or that needs that. every time i buy anything .. would you like to donate..... I am a careing person but damn i get tired of it being shoved in my face for 3 months. as soon as this election is over the non stop train of political ads will be replaced with cramming every sad sick puppy and cat in your face constantly. While sarah mcloclands ( how ever you spell it) tear jerking song plays in the background. Just tired of having this stuff rammed in my face every 5 seconds.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I do those things year round dont need a holiday to make me a good person.
Christmas isn't about being a good person. It's about celebrating God's Gift to us. If buying gifts is what has been your experience, I agree. Christmas has lots of memories and those of us that experienced love and compassion, it's awesome. We cannot wait to give to family, friends and strangers. But for many it was about stuff. Sorry for your experience.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Christmas isn't about being a good person. It's about celebrating God's Gift to us. If buying gifts is what has been your experience, I agree. Christmas has lots of memories and those of us that experienced love and compassion, it's awesome. We cannot wait to give to family, friends and strangers. But for many it was about stuff. Sorry for your experience.
I think you may miss understand what I was saying its not about the gifts..... Here this will explain it visually. Skip to 1:40 in the video then watch till the xmas part ends the rest after that is just form the movie... IM the grandma in the video and this is about how everyone treats Christmas around me . Maybe you'll understand now why I don't like it.

Last edited:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Ouch. Not what we experience. Everyone wants to chip in and really don't care much about the presents. My kids are all grown and we go to their home and help them out. Lots of fun.

If my kids did what these kids they would be reprimanded for sure. The ones in the video I would label "brats".

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I used to like Christmas but not so much anymore. The last 2 years the mother in law and I don't get along so the vibe is very heavy.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Back when I was a teenager (before electricity or telephones), My best friend took me to St. Patrick's in New York City for Christmas mass. Not being Catholic I didn't feel the need but my friend insisted. Well it was over 50 years ago and I've never forgotten it. You could actually "feel" Christmas. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced. Maybe if folks could experience what I did their feelings toward Christmas might change.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name