Sponsored

I got scammed by Jww92201, a user of this awesome Mustang6g Community

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
Guys, just be advised that [MENTION=17000]Jww92201[/MENTION] is a scammer.

I did pay him $45 using Paypal for this:

If anyone's looking for an OBD MX Link I have one brand new literally never used still in the box, shoot me an offer I was thinking $40-50 shipped.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
In here, in the “Modifying As-Built Data Guide” topic.

It had to be delivered in Miami (FL.) where I am currently staying doing business, and since I paid I haven´t hear from him.

I asked for a refund and he told me he was going to send me the tracking no. but “mysteriously” he lost the receipt. Then he told me he is in fact really busy and that he has indeed sent the item, but in two weeks time I have received nothing. Went to check with my closest USPS location and they told me that in their systems they cannot see any USPS parcel heading to the address provided.

I thought #MustangUnites but I am quite disappointed. Seriously? For $45? :doh:

I have just sent him another PM, if I have no reply in a prudent time I will for sure notify the police, taking advantage that I am now in the States.

:doh: :tsk: :mad:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
pardoneo

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you contacted Paypal?
I just did, but I am afraid that they are going to say that they cannot do anything without a police citation as I actually sent the money and did not buy anything from a website such as you normally do at American Muscle or CJ Pony Parts, you know....

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
It's out in the open, now. He has the chance to make it right, so hopefully he redeems himself.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pardoneo

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait, he's shipping to Spain from Palm Springs? That's going to take a while.
Nope, I´ve been in Florida for a while and I am staying for a couple of weeks more :cheers:

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Contact your bank or credit card company that you paid with. They are much easier to deal with than Paypal. I have been screwed as a buyer and a seller with Paypal and avoid them at ALL cost since it is a false sense of security.

I just bought side skirts and front splitter for my Corvette and went through hell and back with the vendor (G3 Carbon). Finally disputed the charges with my credit card company and they credited the account that day, started an investigation, and ruled in my favor with a permanent credit in 30 days. Best of luck!

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Guys like this that make it hard to sell things on these forums.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
if you paid paypal, as long as you didn't send it as a "gift" you can dispute the payment

Paypal will give your money back regardless of what this prick does. Paypal has big scary lawyers and once they latch on they aren't letting go...

Sponsored

bodam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
Agreed, simply notify Paypal, they will handle the rest...

OP
OP
pardoneo

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, just FYI, yesterday I filed an 'Internet Crime Complaint' due to money scam in the local authority offices in Miami. With the information that I have from him its seems more than enough to file this type of complaint.

They told me also to contacted Paypal, so I did. I have also filed a complaint with them and they are going to collect as many information of this guy as they can to get a full refund. I have notify them also that there are other users 'affected' by his scams, such as [MENTION=17979]brandonsmash[/MENTION] (read several posts above), providing them Paypal case numbers and links.

It's really shitty when one of the group decides to blow off obligations...seriously? for $45 shitty bucks?

:rant:

kornflake7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Lol you don't have to go to the police and waste your time as they aren't going to do anything for $45. Just contact paypal as others have said if you didn't pay as gift and he has no tracking info they will easily and painlessly give you back your $45. Takes about 5-10 mins of time, may take a couple of days to process the refund but it's pretty easy.
Sponsored