Sponsored

I got new shoes .................... (grins)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Last edited:

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
Wow, that's a busy wheel. I have to be honest, I don't think it will go good with the car. Stock wheels look way better imo. These look like they belong on a modern Camaro that has been dressed up to look like a fire chicken. What matters most is that you like them and the way they look on the car to you.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I like those wheels. Can't go wrong with Conti's, either.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Wow, that's a busy wheel. I have to be honest, I don't think it will go good with the car. Stock wheels look way better imo. These look like they belong on a modern Camaro that has been dressed up to look like a fire chicken. What matters most is that you like them and the way they look on the car to you.
Congratulations ............. You win the troll award for the day. C ya ............

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Congratulations ............. You win the troll award for the day. C ya ............
That's not trolling. Wheels are a very subjective item. @Evil_E is just giving his opinion.

I think the wheels are gonna look sick on your HEP. If there's one thing that really needs to change on the HEP, it's those wheels. Well maybe take the tape off and de-badge it for a cleaner look too. The ultimate sleeper HEP.

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
That's not trolling. Wheels are a very subjective item. @Evil_E is just giving his opinion.

I think the wheels are gonna look sick on your HEP. If there's one thing that really needs to change on the HEP, it's those wheels. Well maybe take the tape off and de-badge it for a cleaner look too. The ultimate sleeper HEP.
Thank you. Most won’t give an honest opinion. I prefer honesty. I’m sure there are plenty that may not be crazy about them either but won’t say so.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

I was told long ago by my late parents that if my opinion was not asked for, don't give it! Nor, did I ask for opinions. What he did is no different than me telling someone that just paid out good money for engine mods that it is a waste because at trade time, the mods may in fact cause diminished value. Plain and simple, it's none of my business how someone mods their car.

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I was told long ago by my late parents that if my opinion was not asked for, don't give it! Nor, did I ask for opinions. What he did is no different than me telling someone that just paid out good money for engine mods that it is a waste because at trade time, the mods may in fact cause diminished value. Plain and simple, it's none of my business how someone mods their car.
I was going to say I think they will look great on your car but you didn't ask for my opinion so I won't say that.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
TBH*, when you post something, whether you like it or not, you subject yourself to criticism... whether it’s positive or not.

Don’t post it and that will relieve the issue.

* not trying to bust balls, just being real.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Just remember that......

I agree. Its his money, his car, let him do what he wants.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
275 /40 R20 Front 315 /35 R20 Rear
That's interesting a mass produced wheel like that from a wheel company had a wheel with correct width and offsets ready to go. Score for you if they did; anxious to see how correct they got it.

I hope you like the looks when you get them all mounted because that 275 on a 10.5" wheel is reeealllyy gonna be stretched out there, and that 35 on the rear is gonna be tall.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That's interesting a mass produced wheel like that from a wheel company had a wheel with correct width and offsets ready to go. Score for you if they did; anxious to see how correct they got it.

I hope you like the looks when you get them all mounted because that 275 on a 10.5" wheel is reeealllyy gonna be stretched out there, and that 35 on the rear is gonna be tall.
The 275/40's and the 315/35's are the same height within 0.25mm (10 thou). I've got 275/40x19 on my 19x10.5's and they look fine, even though that is the max width rim for that size.

The OP's car will sit 16mm higher (5/8") than the stock GT350 tires. Suddenly, bottoming the splitter will be a distant memory.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I agree with all that @JAJ , but 5/8" when you're talking wheels and tires can make quite a substantial visual difference. You never truly know just how much a 1/2" is until it's dealing with wheels and tires. Didn't necessarily mean to imply anything bad about it, just hoping he likes the visual cues from it; I wouldn't.

Keep in mind you're talking about 19's and he has 20's. I didn't look up the specs, but I can visualize it in my head...a 315/30 20 is already taller than a 315/30 19 (just as a reference point), so a 315/35 20 is gonna be even taller still (as you stated). His car sitting 16mm higher means that tire is 32mm larger in diameter. That's a HUGE visual difference/impact.

Last edited:

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293
I agree with all that @JAJ , but 5/8" when you're talking wheels and tires can make quite a substantial visual difference. You never truly know just how much a 1/2" is until it's dealing with wheels and tires. Didn't necessarily mean to imply anything bad about it, just hoping he likes the visual cues from it; I wouldn't.

Keep in mind you're talking about 19's and he has 20's. I didn't look up the specs, but I can visualize it in my head...a 315/30 20 is already taller than a 315/30 19 (just as a reference point), so a 315/35 20 is gonna be even taller still (as you stated). His car sitting 16mm higher means that tire is 32mm larger in diameter. That's a HUGE visual difference/impact.
Remember, he doesn’t want your opinion on an open forum unless it’s a thumbs up and a like. When did people get so sensitive to any form of criticism?
I didn’t even make it to the tires. I’ve made this mistake on my 2013 GT500 with front tires that ended up with a larger than what I expected side wall difference. The difference on paper didn’t seem like much but on the car, it looked pretty bad.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.