Sponsored

I got new shoes .................... (grins)

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Remember, he doesn’t want your opinion on an open forum unless it’s a thumbs up and a like. When did people get so sensitive to any form of criticism?
I didn’t even make it to the tires. I’ve made this mistake on my 2013 GT500 with front tires that ended up with a larger than what I expected side wall difference. The difference on paper didn’t seem like much but on the car, it looked pretty bad.
Hahahaha...thanks Eric. I went back and edited my post to remove anything opinionated. The rest of my remarks are facts and just look'n out! ;) You couldn't be more correct; tire specs on paper don't always equal out to what the eyes will see. Some people will pick right up on the slightest differences and some folks don't care...all in the eye of the beholder.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I agree with all that @JAJ , but 5/8" when you're talking wheels and tires can make quite a substantial visual difference. You never truly know just how much a 1/2" is until it's dealing with wheels and tires. Didn't necessarily mean to imply anything bad about it, just hoping he likes the visual cues from it; I wouldn't.

Keep in mind you're talking about 19's and he has 20's. I didn't look up the specs, but I can visualize it in my head...a 315/30 20 is already taller than a 315/30 19 (just as a reference point), so a 315/35 20 is gonna be even taller still (as you stated). His car sitting 16mm higher means that tire is 32mm larger in diameter. That's a HUGE visual difference/impact.
I didn't frame my reply very well. The 275/40 on 10.5 was about stretch, and mine don't look stretched. We'll find out how 5/8" looks when we get a photo of the finished setup. I'm in wait-and-see mode on that - could be just fine.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
TBH*, when you post something, whether you like it or not, you subject yourself to criticism... whether it’s positive or not.

Don’t post it and that will relieve the issue.

* not trying to bust balls, just being real.
The issue is that I was not soliciting opinions. Plain and simple. I could accept his post had I asked for input on the wheels prior to buying them. Again, it comes down to not saying anything if not asked.

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
The 275/40's and the 315/35's are the same height within 0.25mm (10 thou). I've got 275/40x19 on my 19x10.5's and they look fine, even though that is the max width rim for that size.

The OP's car will sit 16mm higher (5/8") than the stock GT350 tires. Suddenly, bottoming the splitter will be a distant memory.
Which, is exactly my intent. As I don't track, having the underside hugging the pavement is not in my case good. Having put just under 13K on the car since buying it last month, I've truly grown weary of dodging debris on the interstates. I'll gladly take the 5/8" rise. The amount of garbage littering US 93 between the Shelby Museum and Kingman, AZ was beyond belief. I-40 across NM is a nightmare because of the construction zones ............ All 8 of them, from the AZ border to the TX border. As I must return to Vegas and SF, CA mid Nov, I will allow extra time and take the souther route to Phoenix. Then cut nw to Vegas.

Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
MikeyTX: I understand and respect your position, but when you post a thread about the wheels you purchased, you are, to a certain extent, tacitly soliciting opinions from the readers; be they pro or con. It happens on all forums. I, myself, try to say nothing if I have a negative response in mind for someone's choices, tastes, or purchases. I know Eric, and I'm sure there was no malice in his response. Just his, as you indicate, unsolicited opinion. Like noses; we all have one! If no one responded in a positive manner to your choice of wheels, that would also create an unanswered question in your mind, I would think. There's really no specific un-debatable answer to this "opinion" quagmire! Enjoy your purchase!

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I simply look at thing differently I guess. I am old school. And, as aforementioned, abide by that which my late parents taught me.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Been wanting 20" staggered since I bought the car last month. So, I stopped by my local Discount Tire today. Hot Damn ............... Wheel/tire pkgs are on sale. Sure sucks having a $3300 open line of credit on my Discount Tire card. :sunglasses: Better yet was having a $00.00 balance. I burned that today. :cwl:
luxury-phoenix-wheel-rims-5-lug-gunmetal-brushed-gunmetal-face-22x11-std-700.jpg
Staggered fitment in OE width/offsets. New Conti run flats to mount on them. D T blessed me with free lugnuts. :like: Wheels are shipping from FL so it will be next week to get them.
Please post the photos when you get them. It may give me some ideas too.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
Just remember that......

I agree. Its his money, his car, let him do what he wants.
I agree that we can mod the way we want, but part of posting on this "forum" is the positive and negative reviews you might get. As long as someone is not going out of their way to put someone or something down it's all right. R E L A X.

GP2017GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
LT BLUE 2017 GT
I simply look at thing differently I guess. I am old school. And, as aforementioned, abide by that which my late parents taught me.
MikeyTX, this is a forum. Look up the word sometime. That being said I hope you get the answers you need. You sound like good dude that is not trying to cause strife.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I agree that we can mod the way we want, but part of posting on this "forum" is the positive and negative reviews you might get. As long as someone is not going out of their way to put someone or something down it's all right. R E L A X.
who said I was uptight? (or angry, or anything for that matter) I'm only pointing out the obvious, lol

I would call this more of an etiquette thing. I doubt you would walk up to some guys car at a cars and coffee and tell him his wheels and tires look stupid. Would you? So why do people feel so inclined to do it on an internet forum? I'm guilty of it from time to time, but that doesn't mean its ok.

So flame away my fellow anonymous keyboard warriors............

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I don't think you're older school than me! LOL! I also try to live by the same advise of my parents; "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything!" Our parents were often wise beyond our understanding. And as said, we, in this country, seem to be so hyper-sensitive about everything spoken or written now days. Our parents would have laughed about the political speech correctness minutia we are expected to take seriously of late. They had more problems with which to concern themselves!

OP
OP
cactus_kid

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
hey OP i just want to see how it looks. we're all waiting for the big reveal... :wink:
Wheels are coming out of TSW's FL dc by truck. Simply hoping the hurricane hasn't caused a major disruption. My tires are at the Discount Tire store. They came in yesterday.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.