Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT. 1990 LX 5.0 . 2006 F-150. 76 RD400. 73 H2. 75 RD350
This this not DI tick my friend.
I truly wish it was but is not.

I am starting to think it is tranny related or somewhere between the tranny and engine. Because sometime when cold when I downshift the same rattle noice is heard but much louder only when going 3 to 2 or 2 to 1.

Or manifold related but then again my manifold has been replaced... the first one sounded really bad
Hello first time post.
I have the rattle I noticed since 100 miles . Sounds like a lot of the clips I hear Started off as the 2k tip in, now its sets off around 3k only. mine is in the transmission. In 1st or 2nd if I pull the stick torwards my right leg I can amplify that rattle. The harder I pull the louder it gets. It's the same sound, unless there are two similar sounds, I doubt this would be piston slap.

Crimson5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
P
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt a10

I am starting to think it is tranny related or somewhere between the tranny and engine. Because sometime when cold when I downshift the same rattle noice is heard but much louder only when going 3 to 2 or 2 to 1.

Or manifold related but then again my manifold has been replaced... the first one sounded really bad
Now that you mention it, I haven't heard the 2k rattle since I took my manifold off to port it. Like I've said before though I haven't been driving it a lot or listening very well.

ponyv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue

I sometimes think that too, but imo, that is just a similar noise that is generated by tranny.
I can hear that noise more when almost coming to a stop and pushing the gear to 1st. Just before gear goes in all the way to 1st, I can hear that rattle coming from the tranny it is very similar to 2k rattle.
Like you said it happens in at downshifts to 2nd and 3rd too but I can hear less.

Sponsored

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
https://www.msn.com/en-za/cars/research/2018-ford-mustang-gt-tech-in-depth/ar-AAA567Gv ..all the rattling is the mechanical fuel pump ramping up pressure and the cam follower on the pump making harmonic noises as the pressure changes .,,,,,, that why all the mustangs with di make the noise and that's why there's no other ill effects that's why it stops when the load is balanced that's why there's noise cancelling foam around the pump......get over it and enjoy the car

devin2589

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
https://www.msn.com/en-za/cars/research/2018-ford-mustang-gt-tech-in-depth/ar-AAA567Gv ..all the rattling is the mechanical fuel pump ramping up pressure and the cam follower on the pump making harmonic noises as the pressure changes .,,,,,, that why all the mustangs with di make the noise and that's why there's no other ill effects that's why it stops when the load is balanced that's why there's noise cancelling foam around the pump......get over it and enjoy the car
link doesnt work

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
According to posters on this forum, not everyone has the 2K rattle. Besides, if it was normal why hasn't Ford put a service bulletin out saying that's the cause and it's normal? What company in their right mind wouldn't put out a bulletin if it was normal so they could stop addressing it on a daily basis at dealerships across the country.

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
I don't know why ford has't said something it pisses me off too....if they would just official say the mechanical fuel pump is noisy I think they'd be better off...but either way ..that's the issue

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
and every car 18 and up rattles, some never listen or even turn the radio off

Sponsored

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
and just post link into search not sure why it doesn't work straight up.... should be first hit

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
my wife's 2016 f150 rattles. someone needs to get into a pre 18 car and check. maybe they all do it?
my 2017 3.5 ecoboost made same exact rattle with same fuel pump....I didn't think '16 had direct injection

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I don't know why ford has't said something it pisses me off too....if they would just official say the mechanical fuel pump is noisy I think they'd be better off...but either way ..that's the issue
I doubt it's normal ... nobody in their right mind at Ford would let this issue continue to blow up on all the social media outlets if it truly was normal. Ford would have put a statement out (unless they are total zombies) by now to curb the concerns if it was totally normal.

Also, if it was normal (ie, the DI fuel pump) why do some guys say their engine was quiet initially and the started making the rattle noise and it gets louder/worse as the miles go on the motor?
Sponsored

Last edited: