Sponsored

I don't feel a sense of accomplishment...

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well to be fair, a true snowflake wouldn't be talking about looking forward to buying and paying off a Mustang GT on their own - or buying a house. They'd be complaining about their job as a substitute teacher after going $90K in debt on a degree in English Lit.
Don't forget the half million bribe to get into the school that gave them the degree, if the recent news is true.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
The snowflake generation has some serious problems.
OP actually feels bad about this and you wish to lump him into the same class of Gen Y snowflakes that think the world owes them a paycheck just for expelling CO2 and waking up before noon on a weekday? I give the kid credit for having a conscience. Most gen Y'ers would be whining why daddy didn't also make the down payment for them as well. He apparently was taught some gumption and responsibility not to mention having some drive to be buying a home at his age. 'Fuckin A Bubba' to quote the late and great Virgil I Grissom (AKA GUS).

Kid I respect your drive and your self pride. Your determination to be a home owner so young and take responsibility speaks volumes of your character. That said, respect what your father has done, and take O.L.'s advice. I'm sure it's been done out of love not because he thinks you can't do it on your own.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
OP actually feels bad about this and you wish to lump him into the same class of Gen Y snowflakes that think the world owes them a paycheck just for expelling CO2 and waking up before noon on a weekday? I give the kid credit for having a conscience. Most gen Y'ers would be whining why daddy didn't also make the down payment for them as well. He apparently was taught some gumption and responsibility not to mention having some drive to be buying a home at his age. 'Fuckin A Bubba' to quote the late and great Virgil I Grissom (AKA GUS).

Kid I respect your drive and your self pride. Your determination to be a home owner so young and take responsibility speaks volumes of your character. That said, respect what your father has done, and take O.L.'s advice. I'm sure it's been done out of love not because he thinks you can't do it on your own.
While you have a point, I don't see the need to announce my issues to the world on a public platform. He should just be grateful to his Dad and repay him if he has the opportunity.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
In the end, the car and house is just stuff. Your health and relationships will bring you more real value long term.

My dad had all the play toys and the paid off custom house off the golf course. None of that matters when illness/old age sets in.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
When I turned 18 I found out my mom used my SSN and I was 30k in debt and had my bank account frozen. Be grateful and move on.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
While you have a point, I don't see the need to announce my issues to the world on a public platform. He should just be grateful to his Dad and repay him if he has the opportunity.
It's not my way either. But given Gen Y its assuring some have desire to achieve more than high score on the latest online game.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
When I turned 18 I found out my mom used my SSN and I was 30k in debt and had my bank account frozen. Be grateful and move on.
Your mom should be doing a long stretch in the pen for that. Hopefully you haven't used that as an excuse to not excel
Pacman was fun...
More of a pinball fan or occasional Galaga (sp) or Dig Dug fan........when I had a few spare quarters to play one at an arcade.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
My high score on Star Castle was 67,970 in 1983. I have no idea how I just remembered that.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
A man should know what to do in this situation
A Gift Horse is a pretty animal :)
Do you still live at home?
If so maybe it's a boot gift or a way to say keep mowing his lawn after your gone.
Pay him back in ways that money isn't the denominator
It ain't always about the money.

Pay off your new house quicker with the difference
Or Spend on loosing asset vs invest in an appreciating asset......
Sponsored

Last edited: