Sponsored

I don't feel a sense of accomplishment...

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Yeah, you weren't kidding and that's okay. I'll finish your statement. Must be nice to have a dad that is financially able and cares for you in a way to gift you a lot of money. A lot of people have fathers that are either financially able or cares for their son, but it's seldom both.

Quit bitching and enjoy the gift.
No no no. Both my sons and their friends are always popping off with "Must be nice" comment when something good comes someones way. It's both a compliment and meant to be somewhat flippant, in a joking kind of way. I will say that my boys bon't ask for money. If we offer, they either accept or decline. Their choice. Our thought is, we can help help them now, when they need it most, or we can hoard it, and leave it to them later, when they are much more finacially secure and don't need the help.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The snowflake generation has some serious problems.
Well to be fair, a true snowflake wouldn't be talking about looking forward to buying and paying off a Mustang GT on their own - or buying a house. They'd be complaining about their job as a substitute teacher after going $90K in debt on a degree in English Lit.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
If you got the car at 19 and have made all the payments yourself until now, I would say it’s ok to feel good that you accomplished that. Did you put anything down when you got the car?

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
If you got the car at 19 and have made all the payments yourself until now, I would say it’s ok to feel good that you accomplished that. Did you put anything down when you got the car?
Yeah, i had been saving since i was 16. I put $14k down...pretty much all my savings.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
IMO, putting that much down on a car at that age, assuming you made the money, is an accomplishment in itself....

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Just accept the money, pay the car off and plan to do something nice and thoughtful for your dad or both parents.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
giphy.gif

Sponsored
OP
OP
AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
When I got laid the first time, I didn't feel a sense of accomplishment because it only lasted 10 seconds.
I think everyone can relate to this:cwl:

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I don't feel that accomplished feeling i was expecting now that he paid it off for me...
Probably because you won't have any extra cash in the bank, as you have traded the car payment for a house payment; and you know it will be a while before you can buy another new car......

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
When I got laid the first time, I didn't feel a sense of accomplishment because it only lasted 10 seconds.

How did you last so long?
Sponsored