Sponsored

I don't feel a sense of accomplishment...

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP, 2018 Honda Accord 1.5 Sport
I purchased a new 2015 Mustang GT when I turned 19 and was supposed to pay it off this year in July. I'm in the process of buying a house and as a gift my dad sent me the remaining balance on my car to pay it off so that i wont have an extra payment when i get the house. I don't feel that accomplished feeling i was expecting now that he paid it off for me...
Sponsored

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
I'll unburden you, send me the money instead.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope you didn't tell your dad that story.
Nah, I didn't. I'm going to pay him back once I get comfortable with the house payments.

OP
OP
AlphaCoyote

AlphaCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you really have a problem with that. Take his cash, put it at the bank and continue your life and you'll have some extra cash down the road when you've finished paying your car.
That's honestly not a bad idea!

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
That's what I would do. Well, that's what I do, because no one is giving me that kind of gift.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Must be nice. JK. Your father made the effort to give you a gift. Either accept the gift or politely decline the gift. Or, say "Thanks Dad. Would it be okay if I used your gift as part of the down payment on the new house." I know, the mortgage companies only allow you to accept so much in gifts, but you should be able to find a way to make it work.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Must be nice. JK. Your father made the effort to give you a gift. Either accept the gift or politely decline the gift. Or, say "Thanks Dad. Would it be okay if I used your gift as part of the down payment on the new house." I know, the mortgage companies only allow you to accept so much in gifts, but you should be able to find a way to make it work.
Yeah, you weren't kidding and that's okay. I'll finish your statement. Must be nice to have a dad that is financially able and cares for you in a way to gift you a lot of money. A lot of people have fathers that are either financially able or cares for their son, but it's seldom both.

Quit bitching and enjoy the gift.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well i personally admire young people. That want to do thinks for themselves. With that said. If your father is like me. The house, cars and all other bullshit is paid off. Or just about paid off. And he's in a position to help. Pop paid it off out of love. So just give your dad a hug and move on. And remember when he gets old. Its your turn to help!.....
Sponsored