I did it, 2020 F150 intake manifold on a GT

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Personally I think a 18 gt manifold with a torque converter and lower rear gear would be one fun street. But for someone on a budget and what a cheap upgrade with some performance gain the Gen 3 f150 intake maybe the way to go
Sponsored

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Definitely agree with what you are saying but op test is against the stock 15-17 gt manifold just to show that you gain nothing up top but you don't lose either while gaining some low and midrange power. This is for gen 2 mustangs only. The 18 gt manifold is best bang for your buck
I agree with you. The Gen 3 F150 manifold is almost like an improved Gen 2 GT manifold. Also, we don’t know for certain how a 2018+ GT would perform with a Gen 3 F150 manifold. We can only speculate until someone actually does it and provides the data. I would be very interested.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
For what the 18+ gt offers I think the Gen 3 f150 intake would be a definite down grade but it would be interesting just to see

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
For what the 18+ gt offers I think the Gen 3 f150 intake would be a definite down grade but it would be interesting just to see
all the tq and then fall on its face when the coyote wants to rev past 5k LOL!

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
2021 Ferrari 812 Superfast would destroy any mustang ever made with it's 'peak torque' at 7000 rpm.

• VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, rear-wheel-drive, 2-passenger, 2-door hatchback.
  • ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 48-valve V-12, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection.
  • DISPLACEMENT: 396 cu in, 6496 cc.
  • POWER: 789 hp @ 8500 rpm.
  • TORQUE: 530 lb-ft @ 7000 rpm.

You think it has trouble passing any vehicle on the road due to its lack of low end torque ?

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Outstanding!
all the tq and then fall on its face when the coyote wants to rev past 5k LOL!
Maybe the gains aren't as much with the other chart because of both on e85. But with this chart with an old truck mamifold, it makes more power and a lot more at times up to 6700. I've got no problem with that on the street. You constantly busted on the op for afraid of 8000 rpm. Well I'll tell you, I am.

Screenshot_20210219-181736_Gallery.jpg

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
LOL look at that graph. Its down almost 40hp on the big end it would get destroyed!

Look at the TQ difference on the big end too. Doubly Destroyed Haha.

After about 6700 its game over. Thats per gear every shift. Pair it with a 10 speed that keeps the car in the meat of the power band and drops less than 1k rpm per shift and itll be absolutely an embarassment.

That graph should show enough if its a gen3 F150 intake vs an Gen3 GT.

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
LOL look at that graph. Its down almost 40hp on the big end it would get destroyed!

Look at the TQ difference on the big end too. Doubly Destroyed Haha.

After about 6700 its game over. Thats per gear every shift. Pair it with a 10 speed that keeps the car in the meat of the power band and drops less than 1k rpm per shift and itll be absolutely an embarassment.

That graph should show enough if its a gen3 F150 intake vs an Gen3 GT.
I don't think anyone is arguing that the 18 gt manifold isn't king over the f150 manifold its pretty clear. Again it's a comparison between the gen3 f150 intake and the Gen 2 mustang gt intake

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Notagainv2. Do you have a problem listening. Well actually you do. Many of us do not RACE our f'in car to and from work every day! Get over it. I, me, and others, not you, would rather have more power for 6500 rpm then 1000. I DO NOT CARE THAT I WILL LOSE A RACE. My racing years are in the past. You accomplished what you wanted. Just like a freaking toddler. You won't shut up until the adults give up and stop talking. I Assume you feel good and giggle that you screwed up our conversation.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
May as well get a Camaro or Challenger if you want the 6k redline. If you aren't taking this car to 7600-7700 rpm with an 18 manifold, you're missing out on a lot of fun.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Many of us do not RACE our f'in car to and from work every day!
And you make the smart decision to buy an ecoboost. Great choice for a DD !

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Notagainv2. Do you have a problem listening. Well actually you do. Many of us do not RACE our f'in car to and from work every day! Get over it. I, me, and others, not you, would rather have more power for 6500 rpm then 1000. I DO NOT CARE THAT I WILL LOSE A RACE. My racing years are in the past. You accomplished what you wanted. Just like a freaking toddler. You won't shut up until the adults give up and stop talking. I Assume you feel good and giggle that you screwed up our conversation.
Just put him on ignore then you will never have to see his posts anymore

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
No this thread is the dumpster fire I just cant look away from.

The justification gymnastics in here make facebook forums look like the B team.

Last edited:

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
May as well get a Camaro or Challenger if you want the 6k redline. If you aren't taking this car to 7600-7700 rpm with an 18 manifold, you're missing out on a lot of fun.
You probably are right that I am missing out on fun hitting those RPM. I miss hitting redline thru the gears to 160 on the racebike at such places like Daytona. But that same bike was boring on the street. Then I get a big bore sportbike and the roll on torque was so much fun. Yeah, I do like the power of the other brands. But NOTHING about the other brands apeals to me. It really is sort of amazing that it literally deeply bothers people about what others like. And I'll admit it, maybe I'll miss the high rpm power and change to an 18+ intake too. One thing I learned the hard way in racing and engineering, you don't know what you don't know. The only way to find out is try it.

The ecoboost was a great daily driver. And the high rpm drop off was boring as crap at 5000. Reliability was a concern too. I have the funds for a GT, plan to keep it awhile and look forward to experimenting with it to get it just how "I" like it. And I'll be honest, once I get a good tune for what I have from probably PBD I might be completely satisfied. But the OP was simply doing an interesting experiment that had me thinking "hmm, I just might like this outcome. And then the close minded childish BS.

It has nothing to do with self justification. If we try and we like it fine, If not we switch it back. We are not shoving this down anyones throat. Unlike notagainv2, who knows all, knows what is best for everyone else, and really seems to need to justify his car.

Maybe I'll block soon or I guess I'll just start PMing the OP for some info since you guys lite the dumpster on fire and killed the thread anyway.
Sponsored